Super Mario Game & Watch Hacking

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone ever mod these so you can add new games within the official menu built into the devices already? I would love to add Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons into the Zelda Game and Watch, and replace Links Awakening with Links Awakening DX in the official menu. I just dislike losing the official aesthetic for one that makes it immediately clear you're in an unofficial emulator.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone ever mod these so you can add new games within the official menu built into the devices already? I would love to add Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons into the Zelda Game and Watch, and replace Links Awakening with Links Awakening DX in the official menu. I just dislike losing the official aesthetic for one that makes it immediately clear you're in an unofficial emulator.
No, from what I could tell when I was catching up on the latest G&W hacking the other day, this hasn't been done.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, from what I could tell when I was catching up on the latest G&W hacking the other day, this hasn't been done.
That's too bad, I really would love to just bloat these up with the logical games they never received. The color Zelda GBC games, and at least Mario 2(US) and Mario 3 on the Mario Game and Watch. While maintaining the official menu.

szlovak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've started to find plenty of those Zelda G&W systems on AliExpress for 30 quid.
Maybe yes but buying anything from Ali makes in Europe to pay additional costs like customs, delivery, some DHL costs of handling this and that, totally not worth. Paying normal price locally or from second hand seem more reasonable. Good old days for Ali are gone

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've started to find plenty of those Zelda G&W systems on AliExpress for 30 quid.
Mine get a cpu death. May be that will be an option
Post automatically merged:

or does anybody if the cpu can be changed on the board?

Last edited by impeeza,

szlovak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Post automatically merged:

or does anybody if the cpu can be changed on the board?
It’s mcu easy to swap but you have to buy it first. But honestly how do you know if it is MCU? Maybe power supply? It's first thing to check, if it gives ~1.8V etc.

Last edited by szlovak,
  • Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol