Gaming Super Mario RPG for Nintendo DS

Should Nintendo remake Super Mario RPG for the DS?

• Uh... yeah!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have heard rumors that it's under development.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Icey said:
Super Mario RPG has and always will be my favorite game.
Either the SA-1 chip needs to get emulated on SNESmulDS or they need to remake it for DS.
frown.gif

But I've been saying this since I got my DS.
Nothing's changed.
frown.gif

Personally, I think all the good games were for the original Nintendo and the SNES.
I grew up on the original Nintendo Game Systems and even the old gray gameboy. When N64 came out, I was still playing the old systems, I never got an N64.
I did manage to get a gameboy color and I traded it to a girl on my bus when I was in school for a GBA because she liked my green/blue color compared to her white one. This was when GBA's first came out, so I think she was a bit of an idiot.
wtf.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Spider-Girl said:
Icey said:
Super Mario RPG has and always will be my favorite game.
Either the SA-1 chip needs to get emulated on SNESmulDS or they need to remake it for DS.
frown.gif

But I've been saying this since I got my DS.
Nothing's changed.
frown.gif

Personally, I think all the good games were for the original Nintendo and the SNES.
I grew up on the original Nintendo Game Systems and even the old gray gameboy. When N64 came out, I was still playing the old systems, I never got an N64.
I did manage to get a gameboy color and I traded it to a girl on my bus when I was in school for a GBA because she liked my green/blue color compared to her white one. This was when GBA's first came out, so I think she was a bit of an idiot.
wtf.gif

I so agree with you - The SNES was my favorite system. Soo many games - and of quality too.
I did get the N64, but still loved the SNES and played it until well past the Gamecube era.

Super Mario RPG is a classic -- no doubt - probably why it was released on VC.
I would love to see it on the DS of course, and a few other titles too... an English release of Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy V/VI redone like FFIV. Terranigma and it's prequels.
I could go on and on, as most of the games of today are unoriginal and basically been there done that.

So anything that is re-released (preferably updated) is all good
smile.gif

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is prolly my fav game for the snes or at least in the top 3 with link to the past and kirby superstar
biggrin.gif
They remade kirby superstar for the ds and link to the past came out on the gba (still love to see a remake of it on the ds though) so that leaves mario rpg xD

edgar42

Trophies
XP
Country
I was so rejoiced when SMRPG came to the virtual console, as people rightfully state that the emulated versions aren't fast enough. Impossible on DS, speed hacks and frame skips on the PSP. Even the PC struggled too much for me, as the battles are all about timing, which you can't do if it's not running full speed all the time.

I was just curious though, clearly the Wii doesn't have the chip required either to run Super Mario RPG. I don't know anything about it, but surely they'd have had to recode it somehow for the VC. As such is there any way of hacking the VC rom so that it could run fullspeed on a ds? Apologies if this is just a stupid idea.

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great game. I even rented it on two different occasions.

Nifft said:
i loved that game too! i would like for a ds remake, i also agree remakes of final fantasy VI and other snes rpg games should be made, i already own chrono trigger on my r4ds and i love it ^^,

I had the game on the SNES...played through it multiple times. Unfortunately, the battery died and I lost my files. Even though new games are still good to have, I'd still love ports of these because I really hate playing on a emulator. Plus it's great it being portable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw