Super Mario RPG has leaked online

marioryurpg.png

To little surprise, Super Mario RPG has leaked a week ahead of its scheduled release date.

Pinned for a November 17th retail release date, the game has already been dumped and shared online. Super Mario RPG for Nintendo Switch is a remake of the 1996 classic Super Nintendo game - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

We kindly remind you to take due notice of the following...

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Will you be playing Super Mario RPG? Have you already? Let us know your thoughts in the thread below.

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by this point you think that nintendo would tighten things up after the whole tears of the kingdom leak debacle. kinda crazy it still happens

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which ever employee(s) doing these leaks needs to be caught honestly, and I'm meaning those sneaking copies out from retail stock. It's not good that this happens literally every release these days. This really ruins the excitement for releases, let alone does it make it difficult to avoid spoilers and such because some people can't learn to shut their damn mouths, to be honest, I don't get why people just don't shut up about stuff like this until it's released, not that hard to wait in my opinion. But hey, a leak, yippee :glare:.

Can we do something actually cool now already?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This really ruins the excitement for releases, let alone does it make it difficult to avoid spoilers and such because some people can't learn to shut their damn mouths, to be honest, I don't get why people just don't shut up about stuff like this until it's released, not that hard to wait in my opinion.
It's not that hard to avoid spoilers and such either, "in my opinion".

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Which ever employee(s) doing these leaks needs to be caught honestly, and I'm meaning those sneaking copies out from retail stock. It's not good that this happens literally every release these days. This really ruins the excitement for releases, let alone does it make it difficult to avoid spoilers and such because some people can't learn to shut their damn mouths, to be honest, I don't get why people just don't shut up about stuff like this until it's released, not that hard to wait in my opinion. But hey, a leak, yippee :glare:.

It's the same with movies and box sets. You're quietly reading some random article and up pops the spoilers about the end for the movie (which you weren't expecting). As for game spoilers - surley you need to actually click on video or something to see the gameplay and sit and watch it for a while. It's not like you accidentaly do that.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same with movies and box sets. You're quietly reading some random article and up pops the spoilers about the end for the movie (which you weren't expecting). As for game spoilers - surley you need to actually click on video or something to see the gameplay and sit and watch it for a while. It's not like you accidentaly do that.
You clearly haven't met people who openly post or talk about whatever they want in places like Discord, especially in places that may not even have a dedicated spoiler channel(s), and no common courtesy to at least ask if the subject matter can be asked about in said places. Videos I can buy, pictures and discussions though, not so much, not everyone uses the spoiler features. Some even have a habit of posting gifs of gameplay too, no not a whole lot can be posted in a gif like a video, but I've met plenty who can't at least use the spoiler features, so by the time you process what you are looking at, pretty much too late.
Post automatically merged:

It's not that hard to avoid spoilers and such either, "in my opinion".
Read above.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Its from game stores they leak mostly

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: Ligeia and osaka35

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You clearly haven't met people who openly post or talk about whatever they want in places like Discord, especially in places that may not even have a dedicated spoiler channel(s), and no common courtesy to at least ask if the subject matter can be asked about in said places. Videos I can buy, pictures and discussions though, not so much, not everyone uses the spoiler features. Some even have a habit of posting gifs of gameplay too, no not a whole lot can be posted in a gif like a video, but I've met plenty who can't at least use the spoiler features, so by the time you process what you are looking at, pretty much too late.
Post automatically merged:

Read above.
I don't do discord or reddit or any of those sites If I am being honest. I just know all the IRC channels/ftp servers/sites where to get the dumps so I tend to avoid the spam and crap I don't need to read that comes with visiting such places as you mentioned. Still I can see why it would be annoying, but as others have pointed out this game and hogwarts have been out for quite some time now on other platforms so there's spoilers all over the place.

Last edited by mrdude,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Seem to work fine on Ryujinx. Crashed on Yuzu, as expected.
Guess i'll wait until it comes out next week, same deal as Mario Wonder.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What spoilers would there be for a 27 years old game?
The original game is 27 years old, this is a remake of the original, which means there could be things in this remake that weren't in the original. This question only makes sense if they were just releasing an emulated port of the original or something close along the lines.

Reactions: Dud

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original game is 27 years old, this is a remake of the original, which means there could be things in this remake that weren't in the original. This question only makes sense if they were just releasing an emulated port of the original or something close along the lines.
mario's suit becomes indigo

• Haha
Reactions: DarkCoffe64

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the heck do they not leak PS5 or Xbox Series S/X games?
Simply 'cause there's no need to, as both don't have the ability to play backup games. though that have changed recently for the PS5, but it's still not simple/ straightforward as it is already with the Switch.
Games on the Switch they don't take much storage space, that also can be a factor/ incentive. And of course also the fact they're "Nintendo" games..

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
MJ looking old and unattractive
This is an incredibly weird take I've seen a lot of. She looks fine. People either want immersion, or they don't. I've come to the conclusion that the standard "gamer" is just a nitpicky aesthetic fetishist that demands every visual commodity cater to their insatiable desires. They don't play games to have fun, because the slightest slant against their opinion toward visual presence "breaks immersion". It blows my mind that somebody will blow $60+ just for a license to bitch.

Reactions: CooingMaxito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.