NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
You have amazing talent. This game looks better than the official. But why you named the game "super mario unimaker" and put mario as the main character? You could be in trouble. You using nintendos biggest ip. I think it's better that you erase any reference to mario so you could continue development this great game.

Well, since I had the idea to create it, my objective was to be a Mario game, Super Mario is the game series that I like most. For me, changing the character would end up with all sense of the work done on it.

you are doing awesome and deserve more attention! want me to add any more details there?
I wonder how much of a fangame can be a problem... I never heard of something like super mario crossover getting a problem...
I know using the trademarked name is not a good idea, this is why a lot of fangames/chinese ripoff get some funny names hahah

When an unofficial game is widely published, depending of the view point of each IP owner, this can be good or bad, often because of ignorance/fear of the owners, many claim "unfair concorrence" I "understand" that, but personally I don't think that's a plausible justification, Nintendo could say something like: "You did a great work using our IP, why not you help us improve our official game?" ...but... "You did a great work using our IP, now cease and desist"

Last edited by NinStar,
Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, since I had the idea to create it, my objective was to be a Mario game, Super Mario is the game series that I like most. For me, changing the character would end up with all sense of the work done on it.

When an unofficial game is widely published, depending of the view point of each IP owner, this can be good or bad, often because of ignorance/fear of the owners, many claim "unfair concorrence" I "understand" that, but personally I don't think that's a plausible justification, Nintendo could say something like: "You did a great work using our IP, why not you help us improve our official game?" ...but... "You did a great work using our IP, now cease and desist"
Actually this idea is very risk, first is that isn't nintendo themselves (like sega) that judge the content and decide if gonna let it be or ask them to desist, it's someone hired (more for western nintendo, I never heard about fangame or even a lot os chinese hacks/mod/idk getting problem with that, but american or european fan games?) to look for "improper" use of their proprieties and take then down ...
I still remember the old Daniel Barras' oot 2D project ... That time I was totally " I bet nintendo gonna hire this guy and make it for GBA, would be amazing!", but instead they got it down, and I bet the actual game devs don't even heard about this project... (And I never could play the "full deku tree alpha" because that time my dad don't let me play games on pc and now because it's impossible to find xp)

Well to don't me long I would recommend you do to like "freedom planet" game, that strated as a fangame and ended as an original game that plays alike, this is safer and you can have it in steam first and if success, on consoles later!

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually this idea is very risk, first is that isn't nintendo themselves (like sega) that judge the content and decide if gonna let it be or ask them to desist, it's someone hired (more for western nintendo, I never heard about fangame or even a lot os chinese hacks/mod/idk getting problem with that, but american or european fan games?) to look for "improper" use of their proprieties and take then down ...
I still remember the old Daniel Barras' oot 2D project ... That time I was totally " I bet nintendo gonna hire this guy and make it for GBA, would be amazing!", but instead they got it down, and I bet the actual game devs don't even heard about this project... (And I never could play the "full deku tree alpha" because that time my dad don't let me play games on pc and now because it's impossible to find xp)

Well to don't me long I would recommend you do to like "freedom planet" game, that strated as a fangame and ended as an original game that plays alike, this is safer and you can have it in steam first and if success, on consoles later!

Imagine, people continue to use the image of Mario and others Nintendo's IP inappropriately on the internet directly and indirectly in games and others types of media too (such arts and musics), my point was to Nintendo just enjoy a good work to improve what we already have or can have in the future, Nintendo don't do that.

And as I said before, the idea of the game is to be a Mario game, for me if I change the Mario, would lose all sense, and I have plans and projects for future games with my own concepts, in my philosophy I prefer to create a completely original game and put it on the game's market to compete with others, than I turn into a "legal clone".

Aw, and I just found out about this. Any mirror?
https://discord.me/marionetwork
community is dedicated to Mario and UniMaker

Last edited by NinStar,
Reactions: Sliter

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Long ago there used to be LunarMagic for PC, a SMW (SNES) level editor which had a huge success and a lot of mods where created with it. Some were really good, others were... something...

I've still got (somewhere) my file with a lot of them, if there's interest I could upload it.

There also existed a level editor for Yoshi's Island (SNES), and the only two complete mods I'm aware of are awesome, I play them on my Wii using a SNES emulator.

I'm looking forward for this new addition into level editors. I like them a lot.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my point was to Nintendo just enjoy a good work to improve what we already have or can have in the future, Nintendo don't do that.
that I said, because isn't Miyamoto that see a fan work and say "this not must happen!" and take them down , is because someone paid by western nintendo do that, the developers wont enjoy the fan games because they probably don't even get in touch about them :/ I bet if Miyamoto saw your project he personally would be glad at it.
The thing is, I too like to use the universe other people create and make use of them but first be aware of the risks and what you strive for , understand the probens and the goal, them go ahead!

For example, someone that do fangame was hired to make an oficial sonic game (sonic Mania is the exemple here), but what let it happens? they tried and tried hiring professionals to do the work but they could not to the same as someone that was just like you is doing! they had this to try save the series... AMrio don't have this problem and have a huge problem of the western way to take profit from everyting, even a small fan with a big dream, they let the money talk lounder :/

Btw, I saw mostly of my links there are broken, help me to update that ahaha

Reactions: NinStar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...