OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what i seen so far on this game i can say that it definitely earns to right to be a real wii title, and not a port like most of the games, and i think this what people that own the system have been waiting for. Mario has always been a fun game to play without worrying about getting frustrated by games on todays standard, and maybe all this waiting is that nintendo had planned for the real wii games to emerge after this game is released. The mario games have always been million sellers, and this one looks to be no exception. I'll even hold a voting on this game to determine that, so how many people here think this game will easily go over 1mil in the first 2 weeks or so?....i do
grog.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes hopefully this will bring fourth the much needed games like metroid prime, smash bros, and mario galaxy of course to start the charge. I know this will happen because look at the ds it had nothing for a few months, and now there's more than enough to choose from. All nintendo needs to do now is make original fps games that are made for the system, and not games that were on other consoles first and then brought over. Funny how the system is still sold out even though there aren't any awesome games out, and that makes me think then these finally arrive it will be next to impossible to find a system unlike now.

P.S does anyone else think that the new mario is old school making it the must have game to get.
bow.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I´ll always see Super Paper Mario as the NGC title that Nintendo take away from me
frown.gif

But yes, it´s gonna be huge.

I doubt it was ever an official game for GCN, at best it was probably being developed on the GCN devkit to begin with

and yup, game looks great, sure gold

Actually, they announced it as a Gamecube game along with Zelda: Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong: Bongo Blast, and Kirby Adventure. All 4 games have been changed to Wii games but Zelda at least got a Cube release.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

jumpman17

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh dont bring up mario 128.. miyamoto himself has said he will never understand why people think such a game existed

Umm...because Nintendo announced it and were going to show it at an E3 but wimped out and feared everyone was going to steal their innovative idea. I think they were developing the Wii-mote as an add on for the Gamecube at one time and Mario 128 became Super Mario Galaxy.

EDIT: Wish I could buy all these Wii games but I have to save all my money for a long time now (like, 2 years).

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
oh dont bring up mario 128.. miyamoto himself has said he will never understand why people think such a game existed

Umm...because Nintendo announced it and were going to show it at an E3 but wimped out and feared everyone was going to steal their innovative idea. I think they were developing the Wii-mote as an add on for the Gamecube at one time and Mario 128 became Super Mario Galaxy.

EDIT: Wish I could buy all these Wii games but I have to save all my money for a long time now (like, 2 years).

unsure.gif
May I ask why?
frown.gif

jumpman17

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
College

I'm transferring to the main campus next year and I'm going to have a coverage gap of about $5000-$6000 a year that I don't have any way of paying and am gonna have to have my parents help me out even though I don't know how they can. And I'm only working about 12 hours a week right now because I've got 23 hours of classes plus homework. So 4.5 hours of driving every week to classes eats through gas which eats through my little amount of money and my checkbook isn't losing money or gaining any. Uh.......it's gonna be a tough 2 years.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
College? i guess we can all thank god that the wii has an early adoption of mod chips, so it can prove everyone with the same enjoyment all around
laugh.gif
. I heard that nintendo is trying to develop a new board that is the exact opposite of the one that is currently out, but of course mod chip makes are probably way ahead of them as we speak.
rolleyes.gif

jumpman17

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
College? i guess we can all thank god that the wii has an early adoption of mod chips, so it can prove everyone with the same enjoyment all around
laugh.gif
. I heard that nintendo is trying to develop a new board that is the exact opposite of the one that is currently out, but of course mod chip makes are probably way ahead of them as we speak.
rolleyes.gif

I hate modding my systems though (even though they all are except the Wii). Once it gets modded, the specialness of the games disappears. Heck, I OWN about 47 Gamecube games. Plus, I lose a lot of incentive of playing through them all the way when I didn't drop money on it.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's right if you think about it like that, but how many wii games out there are actually worth owning right now
unsure.gif
. It's better to download the ones that you think might be crap, so when the good ones actually come out(super paper mario) then your money will be well spent.

P.S i know what you mean though having the actual game is better since you get all the original stuff with it making it worth some money if you decide to sell it later on.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'll sure buy it at launch day, but still I think I'll would like it less than the GC one.
Seeing the videos and all, this one seems not enough RPG. I loved turn by turn battles on the GC episode.
Should be a great game anyway
tongue.gif

PS : Probably at the Europe launch, except the game is NTSC->PAL compatible, so I have time ... maybe in 2007 if we are lucky ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +1