Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl: NTSC-U Hands On

czjl

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So i was wondering how important is the layerbreak to the success of SSBB? Anyone have any feedback on this? Because im currently using a mac and i don't quite want to break into using windows on the system anytime soon but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any suitable software that allows custom layer breaks.

edoo85

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got the US version of Brawl yesterday. I have a D2C installed and the game worked very well. The game performs an quick update to the wii and the game is loaded without problems.

I was wondering if that famous problem of dirty lenses, which makes wii unable to read DL media, is actually real. As Wiis with wiikey are unable to play retail copies of SSBB, isn't possible that the people who had the problem of "dirty lenses" were having, actually, the wiikey problem? Or other modchip problems like this? So, nintendo could make up this history of dirt on lenses to get the modified consoles. I don't know...

But I am sure that wiikey team will come up with an update to support the DL media.

jaay5389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOOOO success! 3rd time i burned it, i used IMGBURN the latest version, and i DIDNT set the layerbreak, I set the speed to AUTO which was set to 6x by imgburn. I used memorex DL DVD+r's i have a d2pro chip. it reads the dvd really loud though but its ok, as long as it works. and my iso was from my ripped original from friidump v04

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody else still downloading the afterdawn torrent? Mine is still going but at a much lower speed than before. I had 100+ kbps the first 2 days, but now I'm averaging 20 kbps. Is anyone else having the same problem?

juicy_mokro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im online with brawl right now i realllyyy want to brawl so add me and i will add you!..

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaay5389 said:
burned it the second time using these steps with Memorex DVD+R DL dvds 2.4x

1) Open DVD burner drive.
2) Insert blank DVD+R DL.
3) Close DVD burner drive.
4) Open .ISO file with ImgBurn 2.4.0.0
5) Click on the "Change Booktype" in the bottom right.
6) Click on the appropriate tab and change DVD+R DL media to "DVD-ROM"... and you might as well do it for DVD+R and DVD+RW too while you're here.
(Note: Your burner might not be able to support this. That doesn't mean it won't work. This step is just to increase media compatibilty.)
7) Click OK.
8) Go to Tools > Settings > Write. Set layer break to "User specified" and type in 2084960.
9) Change write speed to 2.4x.
10) Click on the big button in the bottom left to start burning.
11) Don't use your computer while it's burning!
12) Wait.
13) Eject newly burned disc.
14) Insert into Wii (which should already be updated to 3.2 firmware, and 1.9g firmware for the WiiKey at this point).
15) Let the Wii update from the SSBB disc.
16) Play game after it reboots!

in the main wii menu, the game doesnt even pop up and i get an error. my first burn with default settings got me farther. anyone know any solutions?

I did these same steps, except I have a lightscribe drive to do the burning, so there was no "appropriate tab" for me on step 6. After the game finished burning, I put it into the wii to update, which worked fine. I proceeded to playing the game, and after I finished round 1 in solo mode, I get the green screen that says "Dick Cannot be Read." I went back to the wii system setting, and I noticed that the system is still running 3.1u. Is there a way I can update to 3.2u before I start playing? Or should I just burn the game w/o using any manual layer break? I also used Memorex DVD+R DL.... these guys are expensive...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON