Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent read up on the "new" 3DS. Can someone give me a primer on why I should get a new one instead of an older XL?
  • It has faster hardware (and lots more RAM) so there will actually be games (like the Xenoblade port) that can only be played on the new hardware
  • It has an extra camera for face-tracking that moves the 3D sweet spot with your eyes so it's a lot easier to see in 3D
  • It has a "C-stick" of sorts that is smaller than a regular circle pad and located above the face buttons on the right
  • If you get the non-XL version you can get interchangeable customizable face plates for the top and bottom of the system
  • Extra ZR/ZL shoulder buttons on the top of the system
  • Built-in NFC for amiibo compatibility
  • Has a microSD slot instead of an SD slot, but you have to remove the back panel to reach it
  • Has the option to automatically adjust screen brightness based on environment to save battery life

Reactions: BORTZ

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
OMG MY FRIEND GAVE ME THE CODE!
PAL version!
Qg1AWZ.jpg

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty good at Smash, I just don't see the point in taking away parts of the game until it's a shell of its former self.

Competitive shits have Melee, if you want competitive Smash go play Melee and keep your cancer away from new games. Everyone else enjoyed the shit out of Brawl. I want more Brawl.

You're not only never nude, you're also never optimistic

Reactions: Thirty3Three
D

Deleted User

Nurio,

The demo only has 5 characters: Mario, Pikachu, Link, Megaman and Villager with only 1 playable stage. Settings can't be changed so there are no spoilers in the Demo.

How is the framerate and performance? Is it stable? And does the chaotic action work well on a small screen? Are the controls okay with the 3DS setup or restricted?

I played a game with 3 CPU's lvl 9. Couldn't get the game to lag or drop framerate even with 2 items on the field (a pokemon Staryu and party ball). Interestingly the partyball did not drop any more items and as of yet, I haven't been able to get more than 2 items on the field at the same time with 4 players active.

The game feels very smooth and everything is restricted. It works very well on the small screen (playing on XL) but I'll have to add that there isn't something like C-Stick functionality, so if you're used to the C-Stick you're out of luck.

The game is floaty, be prepared for Air game, something that done better than it was in Brawl.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure! Do you like Xenoblade? Would you like to play a port of an old, mediocre Wii Game? If so, you're in luck! The new 3DS is for YOU.

The C-stick is also compatible with SSB (but not the CPP :^) ) and you need it to use Miiverse with SSB4.

You're not only never nude, you're also never optimistic

To be optimistic is to be disappointed.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 3DS is like the DSi. There will be a few exclusive games or there will be some games that can use the extra capabilities of the New 3DS. For example, Smash Bros can use Miiverse while the game is running on a New 3DS, but not on a normal 3DS.
The New 3DS has a second analog stick, more memory, a better CPU, increased viewing angle for 3D...
Sure! Do you like Xenoblade? Would you like to play a port of an old, mediocre Wii Game? If so, you're in luck! The new 3DS is for YOU.
  • It has faster hardware so there will actually be games (like the Xenoblade port) that can only be played on the new hardware
  • It has an extra camera for face-tracking that moves the 3D sweet spot with your eyes so it's a lot easier to see in 3D
  • It has a "C-stick" of sorts that is smaller than a regular circle pad and located above the face buttons on the right
  • If you get the non-XL version you can get interchangeable customizable face plates for the top and bottom of the system
  • Extra ZR/ZL shoulder buttons on the top of the system
  • Built-in NFC for amiibo compatibility
  • Has a microSD slot instead of an SD slot, but you have to remove the back panel to reach it
  • Has the option to automatically adjust screen brightness based on environment to save battery life
So basically, what the 3DS should have been? I dont know I really really want the Japanese Dragon Quest special edition. Any new on whether its region locked still or not?
8.5/10. Almost there, guys.
Do it again, i dare you

D

Deleted User

That's good to hear. (Sadly, no Kirby in the demo...)
Does the demo have local multiplayer?

Yes, the game will also be released for everybody next friday so you're able to play local multiplayer with (only) those 5 characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk