Hacking Supercard DSONE FAQ

BenRPG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK Guys this is a great faq. the best so far. Could anyone state about experiance with folder structures? I read somewhere that not more then 50 nds roms should be in one folder because sc dsone does not handel it? That true? How about subfolders? how about not nds roms (folder structure wise) and/or media files?

u4Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just come from an R4 to one of these DS-Ones in order to use SDHC cards. However, I find the gui a bit sluggish in comparison to the R4. For example, on the R4 when I go up and down on the games list it is pretty much instantaneous. On the DS-One there is a definite lag, even when I disable the file info window on the lower screen (the one showing the game's icon, full name, size etc).

Is it supposed to be like this?

I've tried both FAT and FAT32 and also SDHC and also non-SDHC cards as well. I've also double checked and my DS-One is not a fake
smile.gif

Snooby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that one of the drawbacks of getting a SCDS1 is that it has a really laggy gui lol
I dont know how, but there are some other tweaks you can do in the global.ini to speed up the menu
I also heard that if you tripleboot, you can use the YSMenu and that it is a lot faster than the regular SCDS1 gui. Maybe someone else can explain how to do all this stuff cuz my card is still not here yet
biggrin.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
u4Wii said:
I've just come from an R4 to one of these DS-Ones in order to use SDHC cards. However, I find the gui a bit sluggish in comparison to the R4. For example, on the R4 when I go up and down on the games list it is pretty much instantaneous. On the DS-One there is a definite lag, even when I disable the file info window on the lower screen (the one showing the game's icon, full name, size etc).

Is it supposed to be like this?

I've tried both FAT and FAT32 and also SDHC and also non-SDHC cards as well. I've also double checked and my DS-One is not a fake
smile.gif
QFT, the fuck is this shit?

I just bought one for a friend. The GUI is crap beyond belief. I don't want this pantsy moonshell stuff. Isn't there some kind of basic thing like on the R4?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
personally i think the gui is great!

note: can we keep this thread for the faq please - not for ur discussions of the card.l

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DS_USER_997 said:
personally i think the gui is great!

note: can we keep this thread for the faq please - not for ur discussions of the card.l
I've read somewhere about using different loaders. Did not see it in the FAQ, that's why I asked about it.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DS_USER_997 said:
SuperCard DS ONE FAQ

Welcome to my SuperCard DS-ONE FAQ! I felt that as we are getting more members, the same questions are being asked over and over again. I must admit, I asked these when I joined, but here they are - with all the answers!!!

Q: Is the SuperCard DS-ONE the best flash cart?

A: That is disputable for me it is perfect! but it depends what functions you want, it has multisave, real time save, cheats, game guide, built in moonshell and auto DLDI patching, it also has bloody good computability! it also has a great GUI skin changer! The only problem is that it has the odd error such as the psram (see more on that later).

Q: Can I create my own Skins?

A: Yes, with this: http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_scdsone_sdhc.htm.

Q: Can my SuperCard play GBA games?

A: No, your cart is a DS cart built for DS games, GBA games will not work and never will on SLOT-1's unless you use a SLOT 2 card.

Q: What slot 2 cards work with it?

A: The whole range of SuperCard slot 2 cars supposedly let you play GBA from the menu of the SuperCard DS ONE (though my SCSD it doesn't, only some work) but by far the best is the Ez-flash-3in1 that also lets you run the Opera Web Browser and functions as a rumble pack.

Q: How do I run the opera web browser on my SuperCard?

A: See the above question

Q: I am having problems with ******* what do i do?

A:Find out if your SuperCard is using the newest firmware (enter self test mode) if it is then search around for a patch - if nothing comes up then either:
a) Try the game in another region (if it is out)
b) Wait for a new firmware upgrade.

Q: How do I enter self test mode?

A: Hold L and R when you boot up your console.

Q: Where do i get a firmware upgrade from?

A: The official site (http://eng.supercard.cn/).

Q: I have a psran error!

A: Try slotting a bit of paper into the SuperCard (there are some good video's on youtube about how to do this) or send it back.

Q: What can my SuperCard emulate?

A: There are many consoles the SuperCard can emulate. such as: nes, snes, gameboy, and gameboy colour, plus many more, (check the emulation section for more info) link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70364

Q: Where can I download ROMs?

A: Sadly we are not allow to post ROMs as they are ILLEGAL.

Q: How do I add games?

A: Just drag and drop to the root of your microSD or whatever folder you choose to use.

Q: How much does a SuperCard DS ONE cost?

A: $25USA (as of November 27, 2008).

Q: Does it work with Wii connectivity...

A: Doesn't work as of now.

Q: What is the best web browser

A: At the minute it is DSorganize in my opinion but DSHobro and Bunjaloo are also very good.

Q: Where is the best place to buy a DSONE

A: Personally i think it is consoleup.com but there are many others such as:
DealExtreme $25.55 SuperCard DS-One Multimedia Card (English SDHC Version) (playallday says this is the best site ever
wink.gif
DX lover
rolleyes.gif
)
- SuperCard DS ONE(SDHC) [White]- FOR romman shop $29.00[/b]

Q: How do i use ysmenu?

A: Just drop the ysmenu file into your chosen location on your card and then run it.

Q: What do i get in the box?

A:

1x SuperCard DS One
1x Micro SD Reader
1x Mini CD-ROM with SCDS One Installation Files
1x Small SC DS One brochure

Q: How do I trim the ROMs I use and know if it is safe to trim them?

A: Use Tokyo Trim or TinyTrimer.

Q: My problem is I can't access any of the menu options I see at the top of the top screen (Saver, Other, Options, and Help):

A: Hold R and hit left and right to access them

Q:I don't see how you swap the screens either.
A: Press L+A.

Q:I want to use the PassMe to access my slot-2 device.
A: Press L+B.

GBAtemp emulation guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70364.

Official GBAtemp review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88932&st=0.

Official guide of how to use most the features: http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/dsone/key.html.

Official Feature List:
Plug'n Play - NO extra software needed
100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's and works on any OS
Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
Supports the SDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards
Compatible with ALL speed flash memory card
Hardware save, multi-save support
Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
Support RESET, Realtime Cheat Code and Realtime Game Guide
Micro firmware designed. Upgradeable Operation System with Powerful function and friendly GUI
Support MP3, Movie, TXT and view PIC directly

^There you go!^

If i have forgotten anything just let me know!
I fixed a lot of stuff for you. Enjoy!

Yamcha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Q: I have a psran error!

A: Try slotting a bit of paper into the SuperCard (there are some good video's on youtube about how to do this) or send it back.

I didn't undestand it, what the psram error causes to the DS? And the SuperCard site says that this error only happens in fake cards... o.O

Another question.
Did hack games run on SCDS1? (like the ones in the ROM hacking of this forum)?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
hi ZenZero, this is a great thread and great place for people to come and get info. BUT can you make it look something bit like the M3 FAQ http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197. the thread looks be messy about the moment with all the colours and stuff. still a great thread tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright