Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Boozie said:
Someone should try to condense all the information we have into one post with a 'how to' and F.A.Q. section afterwords.
Once I receive my DSTWO in the mail I will start thorough testing and create a FAQ about it. Unless someone beats me to it, but have yet to meet someone who likes creating FAQ's.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry it was the first day I got it but I agree with you and yea I will work on it over the weekend and figure it out. I am going to make the best review I ever made just for this so if anybody wants it I will upload or make a copy here. I am going to make videos about it too so yea. Gonna work on it starting today.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xcdjy said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Boozie said:
Someone should try to condense all the information we have into one post with a 'how to' and F.A.Q. section afterwords.
Once I receive my DSTWO in the mail I will start thorough testing and create a FAQ about it. Unless someone beats me to it, but have yet to meet someone who likes creating FAQ's.
Ah, man, I was going to make an FAQ after my exams. I have two months off to do nothing so I could really work on it.
I always wanted to do an FAQ, too
dry.gif
I've started work on it, so I was wondering if I should give up or carry on going?
Send me what you've already got (if you're willing to) and I'll take a look. Then I'll tell you if you should continue or not
wink.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
For those that haven't heard or seen it yet.

The GBAemulator has been updated to v1.21:
Official linky
Thanks for this, also, I found an official guide for cheats:
QUOTEHow to use cheat code in DSTWO GBA emulator

Ready to go:

Copy *.cht cheat code file into folder “\NDSGBA\gamecht”

Usage:

1. Press X button in the game, select “Cheats”
gba07.jpg

2. Select “LOAD CHEAT FILE”
gba08.jpg

3. Select the right cht file to open.
gba09.jpg

4. After cht file loading, cheat code can be modified by PAD key.
gba10.jpg
I got it from here.

I don't know if this new update improved the compatibility any, but let me highlight this compability improvement download.

I can confirm that pokemon emerald, firered, and leafgreen all work with this download ^^^^^

ufotrash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question is dumb but where do the sav rts files go for gba games?
I put them in the /NDSGBA/gamerts file but they dont show up when i go to load it....dont tell me my 23 hours into breath of fire are gone ; ;

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BankaiCero09 said:
Oh sorry it was the first day I got it but I agree with you and yea I will work on it over the weekend and figure it out. I am going to make the best review I ever made just for this so if anybody wants it I will upload or make a copy here. I am going to make videos about it too so yea. Gonna work on it starting today.

Beat you to it
tongue.gif
---> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=230755

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got "no card inserted" message. I know it's been posted on the forums but I couldn't find it, what does that mean is wrong exactly? It was working fine for the first few uses and now I get that message over and over again.

For a little background, I used the panasonic formatter and updated to 1.05.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Boozie said:
So I got "no card inserted" message. I know it's been posted on the forums but I couldn't find it, what does that mean is wrong exactly? It was working fine for the first few uses and now I get that message over and over again.

You may have been putting the microSD card in wonky, make sure your putting it in dead straight or it will through a blue screen with White text saying "No SD Card Inserted" or something like that.

When the card was working fine did you have the 1.05 update on it then?

If you WEREN'T using the 1.05 update when the card was working you could have killed your card, you should ONLY use the 1.05 update if you had troubles with it before the update.

QUOTE(jamesdiamond @ Jun 6 2010, 04:34 PM) Blow on your microSD card. There may be some dust on it or something.

dry.gif
This could potentially cause more harm than good.

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
jamesdiamond said:
Blow on your microSD card. There may be some dust on it or something.

dry.gif
I find that this usually works for me.

Also make sure your microsd is formated to FAT or FAT 32.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkWay said:
jamesdiamond said:
Blow on your microSD card. There may be some dust on it or something.

dry.gif
Everyone keeps saying that but I've never experienced problems with blowing on data cartridges. With the GBA as the most recent example. Blowing ALWAYS makes the games work if they refuse to do so.

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
Boozie said:

You may have been putting the microSD card in wonky, make sure your putting it in dead straight or it will through a blue screen with White text saying "No SD Card Inserted" or something like that.

When the card was working fine did you have the 1.05 update on it then?

If you WEREN'T using the 1.05 update when the card was working you could have killed your card, you should ONLY use the 1.05 update if you had troubles with it before the update.

QUOTE(jamesdiamond @ Jun 6 2010, 04:34 PM) Blow on your microSD card. There may be some dust on it or something.

dry.gif

Well I used 1.05 right off the bat and it was working fine. It's working now after I tried reinserting both kit and the SD card twice. Hopefully it was a one time thing.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently considering purchasing the SCDS2. I have a few questions:

How fast and accurate are the updates?
What's the quality of homebrew?
How do the GBA games run?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
777kidis777 said:
I am currently considering purchasing the SCDS2. I have a few questions:

How fast and accurate are the updates?
Fast enough, I happy with the rate of updates from the Supercard team.
What's the quality of homebrew?
There isn't any homebrew specifaically designed for the DSTWO yet (I don't class the GBAemulator as "homebrew"), so basically it's the same as any other flashcart
How do the GBA games run?
Most of them run fine there's only a few that have problems but 9/10 there's a fix for it somewhere.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
777kidis777 said:
Thanks DarkWay, and I meant does it run better? Because on my M3 I have to use HomebrewMenu just to run homebrew. ;/

On the DSTWO homebrew runs alot better in terms of start-up you just have to make a plugin icon pu tit in a certain folder (can't look at what the folder is right now) it's something like _dstwoplug for a better explanation and a crap load of pre-made plugins icons e.t.c. check out the SCDS2 plugins thread.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
777kidis777 said:
Thanks DarkWay, and I meant does it run better? Because on my M3 I have to use HomebrewMenu just to run homebrew. ;/

On the DSTWO homebrew runs alot better in terms of start-up you just have to make a plugin icon pu tit in a certain folder (can't look at what the folder is right now) it's something like _dstwoplug for a better explanation and a crap load of pre-made plugins icons e.t.c. check out the SCDS2 plugins thread.

That's what I wanted to know. Thank you again Dark! :DDD

matcon5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got mine today, and have been toying with it.
On the back of the box it says "9. eBook (BMP, JPEG etc etc) - Is this with the use of moonshell?
In AKAIO I could just open a txt file and read it.

Also, there are "?" icons when I start it up, I'm assuming this is space for other plugins?

Seems to be a rather nice flash cart
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3