Supercard DSTWO hands-on preview

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Box looks so professional compared to the one for Acekard 2i, M3i Zero and EZflash Vplus.

The DSONE box looked good too

deka01

Trophies
XP
Country
man i want this so much my old m3ds real just doesn't cut it crap support and its slow as to load guides sometimes upwards of 5min though it could be worse

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
fn01.jpg

If that's the clock, it shouldn't it say "00:23" not "24:23?"
unsure.gif

hahahaha that is really funny!
it is not very important but.. they could fix that anyway

Yeah, it's supposed to be 00 for midnight. How weird. It would be pretty interesting if it was total play time as someone else suggested.

Anyway, I want one more now since it looks so responsive. As for video being played with Moonshell...I'm fine with that (since Moonshell 2 is pretty much the best media anything on the DS...why mess with the best?), though I hope that the AVI support and such is indeed added in (it seems it ought to be from what they've said?). I hope they clarify this.

QUOTE(MarkDarkness @ May 7 2010, 12:42 PM)
I will stick with Acekard2i-AKAIO. This is basically a NDS emulator running on a NDS... I don't see the point.
I'm curious...what exactly do you mean?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
lolzed said:
MarkDarkness said:
I will stick with Acekard2i-AKAIO. This is basically a NDS emulator running on a NDS... I don't see the point.
wut?I don't see your point
What I mean is that when I play games on my DS, I want to experience the game like it was meant to be played. In other words, I don't want save states, slowdown, in-game walkthrough, multithread, etc. To use those features, I'd rather just play the game on my PC on an emulator, taking advantage of advanced graphic filters, enhanced speaker sound, playing on a full-featured controller... etc.

In that sense, AKAIO gives me 100% compatibility and offers me the only things I really need, which are soft reset and a very sleek interface.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rofl.gif

"Enjoy Yourself !
All Pleasure in it"

Seriously gonna wait till a team that is little a less "corny" with a much sleeker interface comes along using the same technology. Despite the appeal of it being the only cart available with its features, SC Team will never suck me in again (unless it's a gift, of course
tongue.gif
).

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe when GBA, SNES and even NES, why not!, are working correctly, then id think on buying it, only a crazy guy would buy this as it is right now...

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
Maybe when GBA, SNES and even NES, why not!, are working correctly, then id think on buying it, only a crazy guy would buy this as it is right now...

Well, only a crazy guy wouldn't buy it while it was offered for only $30! HA!

Any chance checking if the Megaman Battle Network games work with no slow-downs?
That was the only reason I actually bought it - playing this series all over again :>

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update:

I've just been told of a very exciting feature that the DSTWO provides that has not yet been announced.

Here is an updated feature list:

Supercard team said:
1. RealTime Functions: RealTime Save(Enhanced, 3D game more stable), RealTime Game Guide(txt, bmp) & RealTime Cheat. (More stable, more easy to use, cheat code compatible with popular cheat file)
2. Multi Saves (Up to 4 slots), Easy to backup and restore saves.
3. New exclusive feature. Free Cheat function. During game play will allow you to search for and enable various cheats and hacks, such as modifying or even locking your characters health.
4. Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA Emulator. More Emulator will be developed on schedule. Such as SNES.
7. Hotkey user-defined.
8. New Hardware Control Action Slow Motion (Up to 4 levels).
9. File Management System (Copy, Paste, Cut and Delete, long file name support).
10. eBook (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF).
11. New exclusive feature. Intelligent clean mode, automatically detect memory card speed and save type.
12. New exclusive feature. Hardware iDS Anti Piracy. No Patch needed.

Note the last feature. Apparently the DSTWO is able to over come any kind of anti-piracy patch that may appear in future titles. Utilizing the CPU, I'm told the DSTWO can pass through and bypass any anti-piracy measures which is the first cart to do so. They say the games will never need to be patched to run.

They tell me that the DSTWO CPU can emulate the original cartridge without patches, whilst others flash cart need a patch.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else deterred by the fact that GBA emulation kills the battery life of the DS? 4 hours was it? I'll stick to my actual GBASP for now (although I did preorder for SNES feature, if it ever comes).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Scott-105 said:
Hypershad12 said:
Is it just me or does the DSTWO's firmware remind me a bit of AKAIO's?
unsure.gif

You're not the only one.

I would be really surprised if they didn't actually borrow some code from the open source Acekard R.P.G. software...
KingVamp said:
Some parts remind me of the m3i zero
unsure.gif
I didn't see that... Maybe you're talking about Moonshell 2, which is almost the same as M3Sakura?
QUOTE(shaunj66 @ May 7 2010, 12:17 PM)
They tell me that the DSTWO CPU can emulate the original cartridge without patches, whilst others flash cart need a patch.
I don't believe the compatibility will be perfect (let's face it, they told that when the R4 came out...), but if they use the CPU it's interesting
smile.gif

Thanks for the preview. I can't wait for my unit to arrive. Hopefully they'll ship out the hardware soon, and hopefully they'll keep on improving their software. With so many features there's probably a lot that can be improved. But hey, this is the Supercard Team, so we'll probably not be disappointed.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Supercard team said:
Note the last feature. Apparently the DSTWO is able to over come any kind of anti-piracy patch that may appear in future titles. Utilizing the CPU, I'm told the DSTWO can pass through and bypass any anti-piracy measures which is the first cart to do so. They say the games will never need to be patched to run.

Are you sure they're talking about game AP and not flashcart AP? The way they worded it, specifically saying "iDS Anti Piracy", it sounds like they've fixed it so that the SCDS2 can't be blocked by a DSi firmware update like other flashcarts.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
shaunj66 said:
Supercard team said:

Are you sure they're talking about game AP and not flashcart AP? The way they worded it, specifically saying "iDS Anti Piracy", it sounds like they've fixed it so that the SCDS2 can't be blocked by a DSi firmware update like other flashcarts.
try out Dementium II(which so far has no fix) and see it it works
tongue.gif

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have used this when I had a dsi, yet it would be difficult to play max payne on the emulator ( it doesn't emulate well on any system really) I mean the game even slow down on the gba. Some games are hard to emulate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1