Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svdt_inject folder is only for restore purposes; any dump on 0.10.42d should be found at /svdt/Game_name/Timestamp/

Dumps are automatic unless the "disable_auto_backups" file is present. If the file is present, hold L to do emergency dump.
sorry, I guess I had a bad word choice. we were trying to restore the saves using what was in svdt_inject. Automatic backups did work, and that's what was used to edit the save.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry, I guess I had a bad word choice. we were trying to restore the saves using what was in svdt_inject. Automatic backups did work, and that's what was used to edit the save.
I don't have any of those games; injection via svdt_inject folder works fine for the games I have with 0.10.42d. I also tested it with a friend's o3DS and SSB (which also glitches the screen, but the problem is different than that of ACNL) and worked fine. I had a OOT3D cartridge for a while and it worked fine with svdt, but I didn't test "emergency restore". Does OOT3D work fine if you don't press any button?

Also, can you post the files inside your svdt_inject folder?

Well I get the black blank bottom screen, and a glitchy top screen with save manager. It still works but I have to hard reboot my console becasue the exit function doesn't work with said game. SVDT does not load at all with it.
Then svdt can only function as save manager via "emergency mode". The only advantage is for dumping, which is done in seaparate time stamped folders.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any of those games; injection via svdt_inject folder works fine for the games I have with 0.10.42d. I also tested it with a friend's o3DS and SSB (which also glitches the screen, but the problem is different than that of ACNL) and worked fine. I had a OOT3D cartridge for a while and it worked fine with svdt, but I didn't test "emergency restore". Does OOT3D work fine if you don't press any button?

Also, can you post the files inside your svdt_inject folder?
For me, Ocarina of Time 3D does work normally (it was mostly seeing if emergency did anything there). When I tried holding R with "save00.bin" and "payload.bin" inside svdt_inject, it didn't replace the existing save00.bin, the first slot, when I checked in-game.

On an EU Old 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (one of the problematic games), this is inside svdt_inject:
exhibition.dat
friend1.dat
friend2.dat
friend3.dat
friend4.dat
garden.dat
mail1.dat
mail2.dat
mail3.dat
mail4.dat
mydsgn1.dat
mydsgn2.dat
mydsgn3.dat
All of these existed in the automatic dump made. "garden.dat" was edited to add some items onto the ground in a place that's hard to miss.

If it works for you, I might be doing something wrong.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, Ocarina of Time 3D does work normally (it was mostly seeing if emergency did anything there). When I tried holding R with "save00.bin" and "payload.bin" inside svdt_inject, it didn't replace the existing save00.bin, the first slot, when I checked in-game.
With that setup, it might be a space problem. OOT3D only has space for 2 savexx.bin, system.dat and payload.bin; if your OOT cartridge had any more files, svdt would throw an error and not write anything.
What are the contents of your OOT cartridge?

About ACNL, I was reported (from a trusted person) that ACNL was working fine with svdt (not 0.10.42d version, since this was a couple weeks ago), but that was on N3DS. Since I don't own the game there's not much I can do except advinsing using svdt for backups and save manager for restores.
Let's hope ninjhax 2.5 solves these problems somehow.

edit: look at my post count :P

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With that setup, it might be a space problem. OOT3D only has space for 2 savexx.bin, system.dat and payload.bin; if your OOT cartridge had any more files, svdt would throw an error and not write anything.
What are the contents of your OOT cartridge?

About ACNL, I was reported (from a trusted person) that ACNL was working fine with svdt (not 0.10.42d version, since this was a couple weeks ago), but that was on N3DS. Since I don't own the game there's not much I can do except advinsing using svdt for backups and save manager for restores.

edit: look at my post count :P
har har 666
The two files I tried to inject already exist on the OoT3D cart (there is no system.dat; if that existed, only one saveXX.bin could exist I think). Isn't svdt_inject supposed to replace the existing files?

If svdt_inject only had garden.dat, would it replace just garden.dat and leave the others already in the game alone?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
har har 666
The two files I tried to inject already exist on the OoT3D cart (there is no system.dat; if that existed, only one saveXX.bin could exist I think). Isn't svdt_inject supposed to replace the existing files?

If svdt_inject only had garden.dat, would it replace just garden.dat and leave the others already in the game alone?
svdt should replace existing files... unless it is actually asking for overwrite permission! I'm gonna check the source, maybe that's the problem all along and it would exaplian the problems that greek user was having too.
My tests are normally done by erasing the files in the savegame, since it is easier to check if the file was written than running the game...

EDIT: no, overwrite is enabled for emergency restore, that's not the problem since svdt won't ask for any input.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: ihaveahax

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svdt should replace existing files... unless it is actually asking for overwrite permission! I'm gonna check the source, maybe that's the problem all along and it would exaplian the problems that greek user was having too.
My tests are normally done by erasing the files in the savegame, since it is easier to check if the file was written than running the game...

EDIT: no, overwrite is enabled for emergency restore, that's not the problem since svdt won't ask for any input.
I tried what happens if I try to inject to Oot3D when there's nothing on the game card: it does add the files, and then show the interface like normal. It seems like it gets stuck at the "corrupted" top screen and red bottom screen when it tries to replace an existing file with svdt_inject. You might already know this, but I just wanted to be sure.

I also deleted just "payload.bin" and left "save00.bin"; it added payload.bin checking afterwards, but still froze at the same screen. :unsure:

When I left an unrelated file "save01.bin" on the game card, it injected the other two and showed the interface just fine.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried what happens if I try to inject to Oot3D when there's nothing on the game card: it does add the files, and then show the interface like normal. It seems like it gets stuck at the "corrupted" top screen and red bottom screen when it tries to replace an existing file with svdt_inject. You might already know this, but I just wanted to be sure.

I also deleted just "payload.bin" and left "save00.bin"; it added payload.bin checking afterwards, but still froze at the same screen. :unsure:

When I left an unrelated file "save01.bin" on the game card, it injected the other two and showed the interface just fine.
Thanks for the reports, I'll try to find and solve the bug this afternoon.

EDIT: strangely enough, overwriting works fine for me in emergency inject :S

Last edited by suloku,

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried using this to transfer a save from a digital game to a physical copy? The tool that Nintendo gives us to use only lets us go from physical to digital and only for certain games, but what about going the other way around? Thanks.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried using this to transfer a save from a digital game to a physical copy? The tool that Nintendo gives us to use only lets us go from physical to digital and only for certain games, but what about going the other way around? Thanks.
It should work just fine, they are essentially the same game.

SubstituteCS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Tigroid

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smealum, is it possible to fix svdt (and other save managers) to not become glitched when selecting certain times of games?
I would guess that it might to be connected with regionFOUR incompatibility (as noted on svdt's github). Since more games like ACNL (one of the problematic games) look like they work with r5, they might be fixed with svdt/save manager/etc.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, ACNL works perfectly fine on my N3DS but doesn't on my o3DS. Mario&Luigi Dream Team is the same as well. It works fine with no errors on my N3DS, but bugs out on my o3DS

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@suloku Fantasy Life store the saves in the extdata, do you think there's a possibility to make svdt dump the save data from there when the title id it be recognized.
Technically it could be done, but isn't there already a modified extdata_dump that does that? Or your goal is to take advantage of time stamped folders svdt creates?

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country
Technically it could be done, but isn't there already a modified extdata_dump that does that? Or your goal is to take advantage of time stamped folders svdt creates?
I think it could make svdt fully compatible with almost every game and svdt has a better interface to use. Also the time stamped folders is a big plus.

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that with Tri Force Heroes, svdt appears to lockup on initialization. The bottom screen turns red, the top remains black, and the 3DS is hard-locked until a power cycle. Was hoping to be able to backup saves for the game, as well as maybe add some friendly tokens to my game, since those are realistically impossible for me to get. (I don't know any 3DS users locally, much less 15 !)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?