Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that with Tri Force Heroes, svdt appears to lockup on initialization. The bottom screen turns red, the top remains black, and the 3DS is hard-locked until a power cycle. Was hoping to be able to backup saves for the game, as well as maybe add some friendly tokens to my game, since those are realistically impossible for me to get. (I don't know any 3DS users locally, much less 15 !)
It's probably too new for Ninjhax 2.1. :(

2.5 is coming very soon though! It might fix the problem!

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably too new for Ninjhax 2.1. :(

2.5 is coming very soon though! It might fix the problem!
I am looking forward to 2.5, it seems like a rather exciting update. I'm in no hurry regardless, just thought it worth mentioning here since I don't think anyone else has yet (that I noticed at least, apologies if I missed it!)

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, ninjhax 2.5 is out, so I'd like to know if this fixes problematic games on o3DS:

- SSB
- MH4U
- ACNL
- Tri Force Heroes, aparently
- Residen Evil games (Mercenaries, I think another one also had problems)

Can't remember more right now.

Also, please use latest SMEAs boot.3dsx when testing.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@suloku: With new *Hax 2.5, SVDT now working well with my "Fifa 13" cartridge: no more glitching screen (but I've noticed there's no save file into the cartridge :lol:, possibly save file for this game is on NAND) and "disable_auto_backups" working again having SVDT on another personal path (/gridlauncher/folders/utilities/).

On the other hand, I've noticed when I use SVDT with my VC GB games specifically, normal returning to HBL not working (I have to use the emergency combo buttons method).

Last edited by fmkid,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Great, seems like there won't be any more problematic games!

@fmkid maybe fifa 13 stores it in exdata, like fantasy life? Is your save still there if you extract your sd card?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@fmkid maybe fifa 13 stores it in exdata, like fantasy life? Is your save still there if you extract your sd card?
I just tried with that, and apparently is stored on the SD (maybe in extdata, as you said): a warning screen is shown and a button said: "Continuar sin guardar" (in spanish :lol:)...

Problem now is identify what file(s) is/are exactly storing savedata for that game!

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tri Force Heroes (eShop) still locks on a redscreen. I've heard the cartridge version works, though. I'm not sure what difference that would make, but interesting eh?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
About triiforce heroes red screen, which firmware are you on? Save manager has the same behavior?

I just tried with that, and apparently is stored on the SD (maybe in extdata, as you said): a warning screen is shown and a button said: "Continuar sin guardar" (in spanish :lol:)...

Problem now is identify what file(s) is/are exactly storing savedata for that game!
Not a problem really, we just need the title id, hans configuration screen shows it (theres also 3ddatabase). I'll send you this afternoon the fantasy life save data extractor modified for fifa 13.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: fmkid

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About triiforce heroes red screen, which firmware are you on? Save manager has the same behavior?
n3DS, 10.1, 2.5 payload. And yeah, save manager has the same behavior, as does HANS (and anything else with a title selector). It seems to be an eShop version specific issue, though.. since as I said earlier, I've heard reports of cart users not running into this.

Last edited by Krisan Thyme,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
n3DS, 10.1, 2.5 payload. And yeah, save manager has the same behavior, as does HANS (and anything else with a title selector). It seems to be an eShop version specific issue, though.. since as I said earlier, I've heard reports of cart users not running into this.
Are you using smea's latest boot.3dsx? If not, can you tray with it?

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using smea's latest boot.3dsx? If not, can you tray with it?
Well I did mention I was using the 2.5 payload, so yeah I'm using his latest boot.3dsx. (unless he's released another build since last night?)
I've tried various entry points, from BrowserHax (until it stopped working earlier) to IronHax, ThemeHax, etc..

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I did mention I was using the 2.5 payload, so yeah I'm using his latest boot.3dsx. (unless he's released another build since last night?)
I've tried various entry points, from BrowserHax (until it stopped working earlier) to IronHax, ThemeHax, etc..
I was asking because many people use masher's gridlauncher, which may have some problems. I don't know what nintendo did to block that game out, or maybe it's just by chance that this game is not working?

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asking because many people use masher's gridlauncher, which may have some problems. I don't know what nintendo did to block that game out, or maybe it's just by chance that this game is not working?
Well since it seems to only affect the eShop version, I'm not sure it's anything specific Nintendo did.. maybe newer eShop games are simply handled slightly differently? I mean svdt (and HANS, braindump, etc) never even get to boot, the system locks up on a red screen immediately after selecting it as a title. Now I haven't seen the source behind the title selector, so I don't actually know how it works, but to me that sounds like it is having trouble pulling the title ID? It's getting hung up so early in the process that I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
but to me that sounds like it is having trouble pulling the title ID? It's getting hung up so early in the process that I'm not sure what else could be wrong.
I don't think that's it, you should be able to see the title id and mediatype using this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-title-launcher-hbl-mod.398765/
Also, if you are up to it, try launching it with that title launcher, it uses region four boot method and should be as if launched by the home menu, so it shouldn't hang.

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ninboy2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninboy.com
XP
Country
United States
@suloku:
I'm having this problem too. Is there any way I can help debugging it?

n3DS, 10.1-27 US, 2.5 payload. Both smealum's and masher's launchers fail on Tri Force Heroes digital.
I used the Title Launcher you posted: the game takes a little while to load but it does. The progress is maintained there, so the save is available through that method.
Mediatype: 1
Title ID Hi: 00040000
Title ID Lo: 00176F00

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk