Hacking SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont get it...I have my common-key.bin in the .wii folder and it still gives me the cannot find common-key error.

WTF?

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sure do, or do I need to copy all of them to the .wii folder as well?

In my injectuwadv2 folder I have all the files and common-key.

Then I have common-key in the .wii folder which is in my documents and settings/my user/

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
No shove the common-key.bin into the injectuwadv2 folder aswell - Everything in one folder

It will still give the error 'cannot find...' - but you won't end up with a 4KB wad file at the end.

Also ensure that the key is the correct one - I believe there are 2 versions

I have everything on my desktop in a New Folder

No sub folders just all the files I need

you just need to type CD Desktop then type Cd new folder from the cmd prompt

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
I sure do, or do I need to copy all of them to the .wii folder as well?

In my injectuwadv2 folder I have all the files and common-key.

Then I have common-key in the .wii folder which is in my documents and settings/my user/
hmm

In your injectuwadv2 folder it needs to be common-key.bin

When you say documents and settings/my user/.wii/ folder, you didn't make a folder called "my user" right?

In your .wii folder common-key is not suppose to the file extension .bin

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
I dont get it...I have my common-key.bin in the .wii folder and it still gives me the cannot find common-key error.

WTF?
You'll always get that "error".
As the creator said, it's nothing to worry about.

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So now that I have my GenPlus channel. Every menu I try to go into results in a very quick flash and wont leave the main menu. (In GenPlus)

hmm.

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
by just pressing 1 it doesnt do anything
tongue.gif
I have to press both in order to get into the emulators main menu. and If I hold both I get that stupid error again.

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oops double post.

I just thought of something. With this injector can we inject GC dol files? The snes emulator for GC actually displays the entire name of the ROM.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
by just pressing 1 it doesnt do anything
tongue.gif
I have to press both in order to get into the emulators main menu. and If I hold both I get that stupid error again.

Well if your using the GenPlus emulator with wiimote support that is what you need to do while your in the main menu.

1 is the enter key to select roms make setting adjustments etc. 2 just brings you back to the main menu.

Edit: (Sorry to be off topic for those or you) What error are you getting?

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pressing either one or two just makes the main menu blink. Any option I try to choose it just blinks the main menu.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HaloBenish said:
which region is ntsc, 1? also my pc wont let me create a folder called .wii because it thinks it's a file type
Just create a new Folder called "wii".
The easiest way to rename the folder would be to create a .bat file (where your newly created "wii"-folder is) that contains the following content:
"rename wii .wii"

worked well for me. :/

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there any news on Goldeneye? It says that it is working on the Wiki, but doesn't have saving yet. But i'm thinkin, why don't they release it without saving? It would be worth it for the multiplayer alone.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dookieman said:
So is there any news on Goldeneye? It says that it is working on the Wiki, but doesn't have saving yet. But i'm thinkin, why don't they release it without saving? It would be worth it for the multiplayer alone.
No one is really releasing anything.
We are all making these on our own PCs.

kiwix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Greetings all,

1st post, and I wanna start by saying that I have been up for the last 12 hours or so researching this and that about injecting roms into vc wads and how to use these little front-end programs etc. But more importantly, I wanted to thank creffca for making a nice little auto-injector and also to everyone else for providing me with enough information to take on this seemingly daunting task.
gbasp.gif

Thanks to you guys, I can confirm with 100% success that Dragon Quest V (Eng. by DeJap) is fully-functional through Donkey Kong Country 2 (U)! Likewise, the save function is intact and everything seems to be running smoothly (played the 1st half hour). (excuse my excitement, I just happen to LOVE the DQ series and esp. V & VI) I will be testing DQ VI shortly and will try to make the additions to the compatibility wiki as well...

My only real complaint is what's been noted earlier with the whole "renaming" of the channel and the changing of the channel picture. I was gonna use bannertool.exe, but I hesitated after reading about other people facing errors as a result of using bannertool. So if anyone out there would be kind enough to shed some light on this issue (perhaps a step-by-step for using bannertool properly), I would be eternally grateful.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...