Gaming Swap 360 drives?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can , but you have to change over the drive key and spoof the drive. Unless they are the same drives , then you can just switch the pcb if you want.

Although the one that can't read games , why not?. Does it not read any discs? or just games?. As if it's just games it can't read , then there is a high chance some one screwed up trying to flash it and lost the drive key , in which case , it's a useless console , so don't buy it.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
You can , but you have to change over the drive key and spoof the drive. Unless they are the same drives , then you can just switch the pcb if you want.

Although the one that can't read games , why not?. Does it not read any discs? or just games?. As if it's just games it can't read , then there is a high chance some one screwed up trying to flash it and lost the drive key , in which case , it's a useless console , so don't buy it.
Thanks.

How do I spoof the drive?

I'll ask him if it can't read anything or just games.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firmware toolbox has a drive spoof option. Load firmware , then you can pick a drive to spoof as. There's a few tutorials around as well that will cover in more detail , but can't remember where so you'll have to search.

I know you're gonna ask , but I'd really be careful of the one that can't read games. Selling it off for $50 makes no sense to me unless the drive key was lost and they're just trying to make quick money. As a laser for a 360 drive is cheap and even if the whole drive was broke , they aint that expensive either. Certainly not a costly enough repair to make someone get rid of it for $50.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
Firmware toolbox has a drive spoof option. Load firmware , then you can pick a drive to spoof as. There's a few tutorials around as well that will cover in more detail , but can't remember where so you'll have to search.

I know you're gonna ask , but I'd really be careful of the one that can't read games. Selling it off for $50 makes no sense to me unless the drive key was lost and they're just trying to make quick money. As a laser for a 360 drive is cheap and even if the whole drive was broke , they aint that expensive either. Certainly not a costly enough repair to make someone get rid of it for $50.
Thanks.

The guy said it sort-of play games, it's very hard to get it to read games (putting the disk in-and-out-in-and-out...).

I have a SATA port, will all of them work or only some?

EDIT: Could you rehost Firmware toolbox for me? Thanks.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No , not all SATA ports work. Nforce sata and via have the best compatibility and can flash all the drives easily , but depending what drive the 360 has , you can get away with using others. The old hitachis and samsung ms25 can be done with pretty much any sata chipset.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
No , not all SATA ports work. Nforce sata and via have the best compatibility and can flash all the drives easily , but depending what drive the 360 has , you can get away with using others. The old hitachis and samsung ms25 can be done with pretty much any sata chipset.
Once again, THANKS!

What price does a modded 360 go for now?

QUOTE(playallday @ Dec 11 2008, 11:29 AM) Could you rehost Firmware toolbox for me? Thanks.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Saitalv4.0 said:
You know, on the other hand, ebay (and Divineo.com) for that matter both have RRoD repair kits for less than $20.00. You might want to consider that as an option as well.
Good point. Does it work well? Is it easy?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
playallday said:
How long have the LiteOn drives been out for? Any step-by-step guides for modding?

EDIT: Sorry, double post.
You have to wait until iXtreme for Lite-On is released to flash it.

The release date is a day before Christmas.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GOT THEM!!!

The one with RRoD is going to be unfixable, the guy ripped it apart! But the DVD drive still looks good. The one that can't read games has the locking thing in drive not working, but can't I use paper or something to fix it(it thinks the drive is open all the time)?

I'm going to open the one that can't read games when I get my opening tool.

EDIT: So if the drives are the same I can just swap them without doing anything?
EDIT2: If the 360 is banned can I still download demos? If not, how do I unban it again?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If they are the same drives , then you can switch the pcb instead of having to change key and spoof. You can't just swap the drives , it's either switch pcb (if they are the same drives) or change key and spoof if they are not.

If it's banned , no demos from marketplace. Can still download from elsewhere and burn to disc.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
If they are the same drives , then you can switch the pcb instead of having to change key and spoof. You can't just swap the drives , it's either switch pcb (if they are the same drives) or change key and spoof if they are not.

If it's banned , no demos from marketplace. Can still download from elsewhere and burn to disc.
1. Which PCB? Do you mean the motherboard?

2. Does it need to be flashed for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: