lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
I baught Swap Magic 3.8 plus coder, but if I insert the CD or DVD and go to NORMAL DEFAUT/PAL/NSRT, it is closing Swap Magic and it returns to the PS2 menu.
I've got SCPH-90004. Am I doing somthing rong, or does Swap Magic not work on PS2 Slim SCPH-90004?

Please! Help me!

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well if it is your PS2 Slim

you need to leave your Drive Compartment Open while doing the swapping a disc, and also to trick the PS2 that you actually closed the compartment, you only have to fill the Sensor that detects the compartment to close.

Then after that, SM should start and choose swap disc on the menu, you will notice that after you choose the option, the disc stop rotating, well thats your chance to swap with your backup, then press X again to continue, and the disc will continue rotating again.

Done, your backup successfully launch.

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, Tanks.
I alrady had blocked the sensors so it will play when ps2 slim is open.
But... When I boot Swap Magic from the menu, it does load and it is opening on my PS2. Than you will see 4 options : NORMAL, SPECIAL, SMBOOT, CHEAT MENU.
I searched on google and : NORMAL and SPECIAL are for booting a DVD or CD. SMBOOT has to do something with the Memory Card and CHEAT MENU... well we know what that is...
I pressed X by NORMAL. The option for booting a disc. Than 3 other options will come : PAL, DEFAULT, NRST. I don't know so if my game(Digimon World 4 PS2)is a PAL or a NRST, so I pressed DEFAULT(After that I checked the PAL and NRST option too). It wil load 1 second and direct return to the menu you will see when you load PS2 up(Browers, Systemconfiguration option menu). It does that with Swap Magic DVD and CD. What is going rong? Is it maby that my game isn't burned right? I don't think so, because I checked it with een original PS2 game, Harry Potter 1, and it did return the menu again...

Please, help me!

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lauruns said:
Yeah, Tanks.
I alrady had blocked the sensors so it will play when ps2 slim is open.
But... When I boot Swap Magic from the menu, it does load and it is opening on my PS2. Than you will see 4 options : NORMAL, SPECIAL, SMBOOT, CHEAT MENU.
I searched on google and : NORMAL and SPECIAL are for booting a DVD or CD. SMBOOT has to do something with the Memory Card and CHEAT MENU... well we know what that is...
I pressed X by NORMAL. The option for booting a disc. Than 3 other options will come : PAL, DEFAULT, NRST. I don't know so if my game(Digimon World 4 PS2)is a PAL or a NRST, so I pressed DEFAULT(After that I checked the PAL and NRST option too). It wil load 1 second and direct return to the menu you will see when you load PS2 up(Browers, Systemconfiguration option menu). It does that with Swap Magic DVD and CD. What is going rong? Is it maby that my game isn't burned right? I don't think so, because I checked it with een original PS2 game, Harry Potter 1, and it did return the menu again...

Please, help me!

you are putting in a high-TOC game before hand right? thats how swap magic works (if im not mistaken). if you are using psx, keep in mind that may not work.

edit: maybe im thinking of cogswap idk.

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's a high-TOC game, and I know that Swap Magic only works with PS2 games, Digimon World 4 is for PS2 and Harry Potter 1 either.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lauruns said:
What's a high-TOC game, and I know that Swap Magic only works with PS2 games, Digimon World 4 is for PS2 and Harry Potter 1 either.

high table of contents game. what you basically do is put in a original game with the same or higher toc (think of that as size, like lets say your game is 1.4 gb, you need to put a game that same size in for it to launch. star wars battefront [2] has a very high toc - its size is 4ish gb [im actually pretty sure it filled up the whole disc], and so therefore it would launch any game) and put in the backup and itll launch. thats how it was with cogswap, i think swap magic works a similar way? does it say to put in a backup or original when you first goto the menu.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cogwap requires a high TOC game(=game that nearly fills the disc), for swap magic it shouldn't be required. I guess the swap magix disc is a high TOC disc.

I don't know if swap magic or cogswap do anything for ps1 games, like i said, i only know the ulaunchelf method.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I never used swap magic, but i guess it works this way:
Boot the swap magic disc
select the correct option
SWAP the discs
press x to actually launch the game

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And an updata about the DVD type... Digimon World 4, the game I tested and Swap Magic didn't work, was on a DVD+RW. Just a minute ago I burned Digimon World Data Squad on a DVD+R. He didn't work either. So it isn't the DVD type but something with Swap Magic...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You seriously expect a DVD+RW to work? The ps2 lasers are very picky to the DVD media quality. You need a good brand, good burner and good burning speed(4x or faster) to get acceptable results.

If it was an old ps2, i would also suggest to bitset DVD+Rs to DVD-R to increase compatibity, but this shouldn't be an issue on a slim. If you want to try it, bitsetting a DVD+R to a DVD-R can only make it better.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
RW discs will NOT work...the +R disc's may work but they need to be of a decent quality and burned at a decent write speed (not too slow, not too fast) with good software and a good optical drive.

Consoles tend to like -R more...partially because in the past -R drives were cheaper.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ps2 also only likes to use verbatims, it refuses to use any other brand, or anything burned past 2x (4x gets really choppy to me, but other people dont seem to have that problem)

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
TOC means Table of Contents. Its a DVD architecture that defines the disc size and its file stucture.

i guess someone says that you need a high TOC game, well the latest coder SM, is actually a Dual Layer Disc (7.9GB you can see a dummy file inside the swapmagic and it size around 7.8gb so the TOC will allocate all the DVD structure), so it might not be a problem though if youre saying that TOC is one have the problem though..

btw: you can create your own MCboot, its actually a swapmagic ripoff homebrew that ables to launch backups without a help of swapmagic. though it might be picky on slim models. I tried it on my slim and it actually works though

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The speed of my DVD+R is 1-16x. I think that's good. So, it should do it. But... the same problem as I explaind in my .DOC file...

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The strange thing is... It doen't even load the game and than says : There isn't a good disc in the PS2driver, but It load a second and is going back to the PS2 menu. Again : Could it be that Swap Magic 3.8 don't work on SCPH-90004 Slim?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw