PS1/2 Swap Magic 3.8 on SCPH-90004?

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've found a TOC disc, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price. But after I did HP 6 in the PS2 and boot it up(NORMAL - DEFAULT)it does wait a few seconds a load up HP 6. Do I have to change HP 6 with a burned disc in the few seconds black screen? Or... I don't get it...

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait... How do you know or a TOC disc is big enough? All my HP (1-6)load up... Are they all TOC disc? Or... How do you see what is a TOC disc and what not?

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Harry Potter 6 has a .Bin of 1.97 GB(My original PS2 game, DVD)
Digimon World Data Squad has a .Bin of 1.48 GB(My burned PS2 game, DVD+R).
Should HP 6 work for Digimon World Data Squad? And so yes... When do you switch from TOC(HP6)to a burned disc(Digimon World Data Squad)?

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
formula for TOC based swapping backup loading (proves works on all PS2 console version)

if [legit game disc size of the disc by bytes]

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So : My bigest TOC game is HP6, so :
1. Load up Swap Magic via Boot up Menu of PS2.
2. Press X by NORMAL option.
3. Put in HP6
4. Press X by DEFAULT option.
5. In the black screen time take out HP6 and put in a lower size burned game?

If I do this, the black screen won't go away. It stand hours long on a black screen!

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just read about the : TOC refresh methode... But I don't really get it... Well... Can one of you guys tell me or this is good?
1. Start PS2
2. Press X by browser
3. Put in Swap Magic 3.8 Coder DVD
4. Wait until it loads up
5. THIS IS THE STAP I'M NOT SURE OF(AND THE REST WHAT WILL FOLLOW) : When you see : NORMAL/SPECIAL/SMBOOT/CHEAT MENU, you press EJECT(is that the button to open the PS2 so you can switch from game?) so you can switch from game. Put in a game(Harry potter 6, .bin = 1,97) GB)with a TOC higher as the burned game(1,48 GB). It will go spin.
6. Wait until it stops spinning.
7. Switch from TOC game to burned game
8. Press X by NORMAL
9. Press X by DEFAULT

Is this the right way?

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well TOC refresh is a method were you gonna use your "OLD" swapmagic that does have lower TOC on those times.

So you actually need a another legit disc with higher TOC to do a backup loading on those old days (in my case , i have a Dual Layer burned backup, and the old version of SM is only a single layer DVD. So i inserted my GTA SA that is actually the highest TOC ive got and its dual layer, then after that, the TOC is refreshed with higher one and in Dual Layer mode. So now i can boot dual layer DVD disc games now). But who needs that anyway, youve got a newer version of SM isnt it?

heres the disc that i used for TOC backup loading without a help of Swapmagic:

-- Final Fantasy X Limited Edition (Bonus Disc) TOC Size: 4.6gb
-- GTA: San Andreas ;; TOC Size: 7.9gb (someone says that its actually 8.4GB because of hidden audio data on it.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP