Switch and Xbox versions of Fall Guys delayed

header (2).jpg

A few months ago, Mediatronic announced that they would be bringing their game Fall Guys to both the Xbox One/Series X|S and Nintendo Switch platforms. Since that reveal, the company has kept fairly quiet on the progress of the ports, though they reiterated that they were still working on them when Mediatronic was bought by Epic Games. Scheduled to launch in a release window of sometime this summer, it appears meeting that timeframe was too much for the development team. Fall Guys for Xbox and Switch has been pushed back, in order for the devs to "include all the new features" that they're currently working on. In addition, while it was designed to be a post-launch patch, the delay at the very least means that Fall Guys will be launching with crossplay now, whenever it does release. For now, Fall Guys is available on PC and PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Source

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's legitimately too late now. I feel the same way about how Among Us coming to PS5 with just a "2021 release window." I'm sure most people who want to play, already have. The problem is, you can't say the same for Fall Guys.

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
It's legitimately too late now. [...] I'm sure most people who want to play, already have. The problem is, you can't say the same for Fall Guys.
See, that's precisely it: that's not the case for Fall Guys. With Among Us you had the option to play it on Steam, but also on your smartphone, the latter being entirely for free. Once it made its way to platforms like the Nintendo Switch, it cost money much like the PC version of the game, but delivered an experience that I would deem inferior to even the smartphone one.

Fall Guys hasn't had that much love from different platforms, and there are people like me who don't have a (powerful enough) PC or a PS4 to play the game who would love to play it on the Switch. The Nintendo crowd loves party games and games with an art style like that of Fall Guys, too. At least in my case. Here's hoping it comes soon, with or without crossplay.

Reactions: Codemastershock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme