Hardware Switch clock speeds revealed - Lower than a Tegra X1 when docked?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, we know that Zelda runs perfectly in handheld mode (it was shown in the Tonight Show)

//Sent from my glorious OnePlus X
heh, what we saw was a demo\preview\alpha, the game will probably look a lot different, and we just saw a tiny part wich could be a very basic version of the final thing

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: baselhamad

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats why i don't believe that, something less powerfull than a WiiU doing a better work than the WiiU in handled can't be right.

Not always true - clock speed doesn't dictate how well something looks. there are slower clock speed CPUs out there that do a better job than older higher clock speed CPUs. My Q6600 was about the same clock speed as my new i5 but the i5 is waaaayyyy better.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not always true - clock speed doesn't dictate how well something looks. there are slower clock speed CPUs out there that do a better job than older higher clock speed CPUs. My Q6600 was about the same clock speed as my new i5 but the i5 is waaaayyyy better.

Nevertheless, these are just a RUMOR, and not actually confirmed, so people still need to not believe this so-called "confirmed" crap.

Reactions: nmkd

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So this means it'll be cheap. I'm betting on $200, which is damn great. In the end, what matters are games, and Nintendo will have a ton of them if they're developing for a single platform.

I already have a good PC for multiplats. So the less I have to pay to play Nintendo games, the better.

Last edited by Sizednochi,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this means it'll be cheap. I'm betting on $200, which is damn great. In the end, what matters are games, and Nintendo will have a ton of them if they're developing for a single platform.

I already have a good PC for multiplats. So the less I have to pay to play Nintendo games, the better.

Yes because this rumor is totally 100% legit, right?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's a rumor and take it with a truck load of salt, but Eurogamer has deep connections and they're usually right on the money when it comes to rumors. And honestly, when has Nintendo ever blown away expectations with the specs of their consoles? Laura Dale and the other leakers have also claimed its around an Xbox One's power, so it's not too far fetched to believe.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's a rumor and take it with a truck load of salt, but Eurogamer has deep connections and they're usually right on the money when it comes to rumors. And honestly, when has Nintendo ever blown away expectations with the specs of their consoles? Laura Dale and the other leakers have also claimed its around an Xbox One's power, so it's not too far fetched to believe.

And yet these clock speeds are far lower than the Xbox 1 according to their "sources", so people need to calm their teats, and just wait for official news.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^
If it's true FROM Sofware has Dark Soul 3 running well on the thing, I believe it's powerful enough. It's a sub-30fps game on PS4 after all.

Reactions: Rudelof

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to watch a x265 movie on your Q6600, just, do it x).
Just saying that there is no WAY a GPU @307mhz can do a better job than a WiiU's who have a 550mhz one AND struggle to do a 30fps stable Zelda, got my point ?

edit: the point on the Q6600 is that it can't even play a x265 movie, so, thats realllyyyy out of context here xD, and BTW there is no desktop 2.4ghz i5 also, i do have a Q6600 for my livingroom PC, i love that proc :D

Last edited by nolimits59,

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there is no WAY a GPU @307mhz can do a better job than a WiiU's who have a 550mhz one AND struggle to do a 30fps stable Zelda, got my point ?

If I take a 1080 and underclock it to 307mhz, it'll still me MILES ahead what the WiiU's old ass GPU can do. Architecture matters and technology evolves. I can't believe people still cling to the megahertz myth in 2016 (soon 2017).

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I take a 1080 and underclock it to 307mhz, it'll still me MILES ahead what the WiiU's old ass GPU can do. Architecture matters and technology evolves.
i won't play shit @ this freqency, even my gtx 650 @1ghz stock can't play GTA V with normal shaders mate... have to be set on low, but it still better than the WiiU GPU.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i won't play shit @ this freqency, even my gtx 650 @1ghz stock can't play GTA V with normal shaders mate... have to be set on low, but it still better than the WiiU GPU.

Someone hasn't heard of the MHz Myth it seems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

Higher clock speed =/= faster processor

How is that a 2.4 GHz Core i3 runs faster and better than a 3.4 GHz Core 2 Duo? Think about it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone hasn't heard of the MHz Myth it seems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

Higher clock speed =/= faster processor

How is that a 2.4 GHz Core i3 runs faster and better than a 3.4 GHz Core 2 Duo? Think about it.
thats why in the first place i compared that with the WiiU baseclock. Closer for a compare, i just told him that a gtx 1080 downclocked @ 307mhz won't play ANY recent game, even on low and thats true, even more when you know GTA V is more GPU related than CPU related when it comes to perfs.

oh and about your edit, hyperthreading do a LOT on perf advantage for a i3 :) but AGAIN IIRC a 2.4 i3 doesnt exist on desktop, so you're comparing CPU desktop with a portable one...

Last edited by nolimits59,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter