Hardware Switch hating

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if that's true I brought up the PSP Go because they're the same idea, right down to the dock for video out. The Vita's unrelated and it's also old tech now.
But you're missing my point. Its still not the same. The PSP Go was portable capable hardware, not home console capable.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you're missing my point. Its still not the same. The PSP Go was portable capable hardware, not home console capable.
I don't believe the Switch is either, but we'll see how it stacks up against the PS4 and Xbox One as games are or aren't released for it.

I get that it's close to the Xbox One on paper, but we haven't seen it in action.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe the Switch is either, but we'll see how it stacks up against the PS4 and Xbox One as games are or aren't released for it.

I get that it's close to the Xbox One on paper, but we haven't seen it in action.
Can't argue with that. I know it wont be able to do every game, but even if it does some of them along with all the Nintendo 1st party games, I'll be happy.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate it because it's very expensive, has no Dpad and the battery life is short.

But I think these problems could be fixed with a redesign. And thankfully, there's not much to play on the switch at the moment anyway.

But if you enjoy it, go nuts! I really like how it has less load time than the wiiu for BotW

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't mind critique if it can be backed by fact. I'll admit no company or product is perfect. But it seems a lot of people, especially a select few in the temp, like to use emotion, bias and opinion to back their claims that the system is already a failure. And then they like to go around telling people they are Nintendo sheep and retarded for enjoying the product they purchased.
T
Most of the actual critics (least in this board) of the nintendo switch, and I mean critics, not haters, have issues with notably build quality. Now these people don't even mention BotW most of the time, and I would agree with them though I am far less knowledgeable of the subject. I've noticed screen fragility and cheap dock design in regards to mine. I still love it, but I know it has flaws. Some of these flaws are fatal to other people's eyes.

What I'm really hoping for is either for 3rd parties to make their own dock that's more than a hunk of plastic, or possibly a tutorial of how to make your own dock. Yes I could buy a cover for the dock but that doesn't give me any reassurance with how flimsy it seems to be.
That's your opinion then. I've seen more critique as that and it was about '' copyright claims, YouTube creator program and much more". You claiming that isn't critique just because you have a different view regarding that matter is the sole reason of my first post. It is critique and it isn't hating on something. Just because you don't approve of someone else his/her opinion doesn't make it less critique. As long as it's structured properly and it is written in an objective manner it is critique.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh... what? I was claiming stuff I didn't agree with as hate? It's my opinion? As in it's my opinion that the dock feels as if it's poor quality (certainly not worth 90$)? Not sure why I was quoted there. I clearly state whether I agree or disagree with things and that I respect their decision.

D

Deleted-401606

Uh... what? I was claiming stuff I didn't agree with as hate? It's my opinion? As in it's my opinion that the dock feels as if it's poor quality (certainly not worth 90$)? Not sure why I was quoted there. I clearly state whether I agree or disagree with things and that I respect their decision.

Is nintendo really charging 90$ for a dock :O ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because Nintendo is charging current gen prices for last gen tech, that's not going to be supported by third parties again.

It makes me sad that it has to be this way. As much as I want to support nintendo,I got the Wii U a year after launch and it failed miserably.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's true unfortunately. What's worse they even revealed its components, and it really isn't much. Google it to hear the angry voices of many people. The defense against this is the one that comes with it is free, but that's not exactly helping when durability is definitely not the selling point of the dock. Thus, my hope that 3rd parties work on it, or that there is a tutorial to make one yourself as it's basically a very expensive HDMI port and adapter.

D

Deleted-401606

T

That's your opinion then. I've seen more critique as that and it was about '' copyright claims, YouTube creator program and much more". You claiming that isn't critique just because you have a different view regarding that matter is the sole reason of my first post. It is critique and it isn't hating on something. Just because you don't approve of someone else his/her opinion doesn't make it less critique. As long as it's structured properly and it is written in an objective manner it is critique.

MjAxNC0yODBlNTE0ODU1MjI4Yjhh.png

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well some people are highlighting the apparent flaws, not experienced any myself. But other than those there's always going to be the usual crowd for whom power is everything. The Switch can't match the PS4, blah bla bla, who the hell actually truly believes that matters? Even though it's the most powerful dedicated handheld gaming console ever. Which just happens to also connect to your TV.

This place is full of people dying to fill their systems with 30 year old games. Is that because of the graphical fidelity? Or is it because of the quality gameplay they offer? Hmmm, tough choice.

Then of course there's the people who still blindly label any Nintendo consoles as "kiddy" but will crack their arses to get the latest remaster of Ratchet and Clank. Double standards much?

Though I do have to admit the ones who rant and rave all day long about how awful the Switch and it's games are, without ever so much as having touched the damn thing, are fairly amusing to me. It's sad and pathetic, one can only imagine the type of sorry little person they must be.

There's lots of reasons people will hate on the Switch, ignore them and enjoy the system. Personally I don't give a rats arse for all of that arse gravy, it's just noise. I care about one thing and one thing only. Playability! That's all that matters to me and Nintendo have consistently delivered on that for over 30 years for me.

No, I'm not biased, I'm platform agnostic. Among my 40 odd consoles I've amassed over the past 30 odd years I also have an Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 Pro (along with all of their older versions.)

Each and every system has something good to offer. The only way to enjoy the best there is, is to have all of them. If that's not possible, pick the one that appeals most to you, that offers the games you most want to play and just enjoy it. If you feel the need to hate on another system, get a grip, this isn't ending cancer, it's escapism, entertainment. It's supposed to be fun. Which is exactly why I'm already over 80 hours in Breath of the Wild and about 15 in Horizon Zero Dawn. (Between those buggers, I'm getting sod all work done, it's a disgrace :D)

Man, I shouldn't rant on when I've just had my morphine :D

Last edited by Stwert,
Reactions: DarthDub

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well some people are highlighting the apparent flaws, not experienced any myself. But other than those there's always going to be the usual crowd for whom power is everything. The Switch can't match the PS4, blah bla bla, who the hell actually truly believes that matters? Even though it's the most powerful dedicated handheld gaming console ever. Which just happens to also connect to your TV.

This place is full of people dying to fill their systems with 30 year old games. Is that because of the graphical fidelity? Or is it because of the quality gameplay they offer? Hmmm, tough choice.

Then of course there's the people who still blindly label any Nintendo consoles as "kiddy" but will crack their arses to get the latest remaster of Ratchet and Clank. Double standards much?

Though I do have to admit the ones who rant and rave all day long about how awful the Switch and it's games are, without ever so much as having touched the damn thing, are fairly amusing to me. It's sad and pathetic, one can only imagine the type of sorry little person they must be.

There's lots of reasons people will hate on the Switch, ignore them and enjoy the system. Personally I don't give a rats arse for all of that arse gravy, it's just noise. I care about one thing and one thing only. Playability! That's all that matters to me and Nintendo have consistently delivered on that for over 30 years for me.

No, I'm not biased, I'm platform agnostic. Among my 40 odd consoles I've amassed over the past 30 odd years I also have an Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 Pro (along with all of their older versions.)

Each and every system has something good to offer. The only way to enjoy the best there is, is to have all of them. If that's not possible, pick the one that appeals most to you, that offers the games you most want to play and just enjoy it. If you feel the need to hate on another system, get a grip, this isn't ending cancer, it's escapism, entertainment. It's supposed to be fun. Which is exactly why I'm already over 80 hours in Breath of the Wild and about 15 in Horizon Zero Dawn. (Between those buggers, I'm getting sod all work done, it's a disgrace :D)

Man, I shouldn't rant on when I've just had my morphine :D
Ofcourse it's not biased since i can't point out 1 objective thing you said. All were interpretations and led by emotion. Not everybody shares the same opinion, get over it and why even care ? Let people have their opinions. I have mine and some have a different opinion wich is okay since everybody is entitled to 1. Not everybody has 2 think the same and i don't get myself worked up about someone having another opinion. I used to but that's all in the past. If people hate on the switch well good for them, if people praise the switch well that's also good. Just enjoy the things you like

Last edited by kumikochan,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ofcourse it's not biased since i can't point out 1 objective thing you said. All were interpretations and led by emotion. Not everybody shares the same opinion, get over it and why even care ?

As I said in the post, I don't care. I do like a good rant from time to time though ;)

In 30 odd years though I've never understood the nonsense that's spouted against one system or another. It's the same crap recycled over and over. Maybe it's because I buy all of the systems I don't get it. Or maybe it's because I think it's utter nonsense and would prefer to just enjoy the games.
It'll never end though, so long as there's more than one option (and it's not just consoles, look at Android vs iOS or Windows vs macOS. Or anything else) there's going to be people spewing pointless, inaccurate, but occasionally entertaining venom.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well some people are highlighting the apparent flaws, not experienced any myself. But other than those there's always going to be the usual crowd for whom power is everything. The Switch can't match the PS4, blah bla bla, who the hell actually truly believes that matters?

No one.

No one cares if the Switch lacks graphic fidelity over the PS4.

They care it is going to continue to lack third party support for major current gen titles, You wont get the next Red dead redemption, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy or any other mainstream marquee titles or anything else current due to the fact it's gimmick-ed up budget hardware and no one wants to pay more for inferior hardware that is going to have the same game drought Wii-U and the Wii had in it's latter years.

Nintendo would have to subsidize the ports, Sony and XBOX already do. Nintendo has an ego problem that devs should come to them like it's 1987 and they are only game in town.

Nintendo could write a check and make sure they are included in releases, instead they will play another tech demo for the next Zelda that is 7 years away and cross their fingers Grandma & Grandpa seen Reggie on Good morning America.

The question isn't why do I hate Switch, it's why would I buy one there isn't a single game on the horizon that I want that I can't play on a superior platform for less money.

Reactions: kumikochan

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one.

No one cares if the Switch lacks graphic fidelity over the PS4.

They care it is going to continue to lack third party support for major current gen titles, You wont get the next Red dead redemption, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy or any other mainstream marquee titles or anything else current due to the fact it's gimmick-ed up budget hardware and no one wants to pay more for inferior hardware that is going to have the same game drought Wii-U and the Wii had in it's latter years.

Nintendo would have to subsidize the ports, Sony and XBOX already do. Nintendo has an ego problem that devs should come to them like it's 1987 and they are only game in town.

Nintendo could write a check and make sure they are included in releases, instead they will play another tech demo for the next Zelda that is 7 years away and cross their fingers Grandma & Grandpa seen Reggie on Good morning America.

The question isn't why do I hate Switch, it's why would I buy one there isn't a single game on the horizon that I want that I can't play on a superior platform for less money.

Can't argue with most of that, I've said for years that Nintendo's main problem is Nintendo. There's no doubt they have issues with their business practices. Only time will tell if they're prepared to change. I'm not getting my hopes up. They'll either learn or die trying.

But I gave up buying Nintendo systems for anything but Nintendo games a long time ago. Granted not everyone is prepared to make that sacrifice, or take the chance, or able to have more than one system. Which is fair enough.

I don't think the hardware is underpowered though. As a home console, yes definitely. But as a portable system it's light years ahead of any previous Nintendo portable and a damn sight better than my Vita. There's always going to be debate over what the Switch is, but I personally struggle to think of it as anything but a portable system. The way it's designed screams that portable is its primary function and it just also connects to your telly.

I'm also not convinced it's completely over priced either. If you take a Shield K1 (basically the Switch) and add on two dedicated controllers and a good docking station with TV out, the price isn't vastly different. Yes in the console space it seems to be on the expensive side, can't argue with that. But side to side with comparible hardware it's about even. Though we have to take into account the Nintendo tax, which is worse than the Apple tax. They've always been tight fisted, greedy w|$~%|$.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong