Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, at least not public, but 3.0.1 closes some severe exploits that will be used for hax.

Should I return it or keep it ? I am little bit confusion since you say "not yet". The first page said up to 3.0.0 is hackable since they are all green in the list except 3.0.1 is red and isn't hackable.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Should I return it or keep it ? I am little bit confusion since you say "not yet". The first page said up to 3.0.0 is hackable since they are all green in the list except 3.0.1 is red and isn't hackable.
I don't understand? What confuses you about not yet? Expoits have been found and devs are working on it right now.
It will take some time to get userfriendly hacks/homebrew, but when it is released only consoles up to 3.0.0 will be compatible.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand? What confuses you about not yet? Expoits have been found and devs are working on it right now.
It will take some time to get userfriendly hacks/homebrew, but when it is released only consoles up to 3.0.0 will be compatible.

Good then we are glad to have 3.0.0 on Switch now. Thanks!

oranginasprite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My second switch arrived this morning. Hoping I would get some 2.X, I instead got 3.0.1. Shipping from Amazon Canada.
Serial is: XAW100240
This isnt the best place to ask but now I've got 2 switch on this firmware. Do you guys think I should just return it and dont update my original or keep both?
Si t'es sur MTL, BestBuy centre-ville en a encore, c'est là que j'ai eu ma 3.0.0 dimanche.

And please post your serial number so we have more proof that 3.0.1 are coming from amazon canada! Thanks!

Mito551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Serial: XAJ700098xxxxx
Region: UK/EU
Firmware: 2.3.0
System Color: no idea
Was a bundle (if yes, which): no idea

bought on ebay labeled as "brand new". should i update to 3.0 and how would i do that, preferably without going online

Reactions: DarthDub

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Serial: XAJ700098xxxxx
Region: UK/EU
Firmware: 2.3.0
System Color: no idea
Was a bundle (if yes, which): no idea

bought on ebay labeled as "brand new". should i update to 3.0 and how would i do that, preferably without going online
Don't worry about being on 2.30. There isn't much to gain by updating.

If you do want to update then Pokken game cart is reported to come with the 3.0 update. But unless you really plan on playing that game, don't buy it just for the update. You never know if 2.30 users may have an advantage over the 3.0 users, however unlikely it is.

Mito551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't worry about being on 2.30. There isn't much to gain by updating.

If you do want to update then Pokken game cart is reported to come with the 3.0 update. But unless you really plan on playing that game, don't buy it just for the update. You never know if 2.30 users may have an advantage over the 3.0 users, however unlikely it is.
thank you! i wonder if you could predict such a thing happening: pokken dx coming out with a different version on it in the future? like if in a year hackers crack 3.0.0 utterly and completely, so whoever's printing pokken game cartridges starts printing them with 3.0.1 or whatever on it?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
thank you! i wonder if you could predict such a thing happening: pokken dx coming out with a different version on it in the future? like if in a year hackers crack 3.0.0 utterly and completely, so whoever's printing pokken game cartridges starts printing them with 3.0.1 or whatever on it?
That's quite unlikely that they'll reprint the cards with a new update. I've not seen them do this in the past with their other consoles (fw 4.x for 3ds).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That's quite unlikely that they'll reprint the cards with a new update. I've not seen them do this in the past with their other consoles (fw 4.x for 3ds).
It was actually very common on the 3ds with 1st party games. Smash 3ds has many different firmwares, ranging from 8.1 to 10.7, for example.

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US | Grey | Gamestop | 9/??/2017 | Console: XAW70007143284 | Console Battery: BHACHZZADL705201209480 | Joy-Con (L): XBW17002725237 | Joy-Con (R): XCW17002752141 | 1.0.0? |

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1