Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first post says that all XKJ consoles are unhackable but the damota.me checker says my XKJ7 console is yellow/mixed range and possibly hackable. Which is correct?

Last edited by Codify,

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honesty whoever the author is should change this message:
"Serials beginning with XAW9: Refurbished Consoles directly from Nintendo, no informations, but very possible all patched."

I have a XAW9 switch it is 100% unpatched which I tested with TegraRcm. Why make so many assume their switch is unpatchable with a baseless assumption?

Even worse with the "ismyswitchpatched" website saying "The serial inserted belongs to a unit refurbished by Nintendo. It is probably patched." This should immediately be changed to something that allures to you needing to test the modabilty yourself, thankfully I trusted my gut and went through the effort of self-testing. Many don't think that effort is worth it if they think it is extremely likely their switches are patched.

Modded switches will only be more scarce as time goes on we don't need to do that artificially.

Last edited by MASTERLITE,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honesty whoever the author is should change this message:
"Serials beginning with XAW9: Refurbished Consoles directly from Nintendo, no informations, but very possible all patched."

I have a XAW9 switch it is 100% unpatched which I tested with TegraRcm. Why make so many assume their switch is unpatchable with a baseless assumption?

Even worse with the "ismyswitchpatched" website saying "The serial inserted belongs to a unit refurbished by Nintendo. It is probably patched." This should immediately be changed to something that allures to you needing to test the modabilty yourself, thankfully I trusted my gut and went through the effort of self-testing. Many don't think that effort is worth it if they think it is extremely likely their switches are patched.

Modded switches will only be more scarce as time goes on we don't need to do that artificially.

lol because it is refurbish, saying it is possible patched is fair.

base on when people started submitting serial # for a database, only 4 people have XAW9 units out of 782.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ifBIsbTeTpk-bL1Ul9Z9ORPVX3BNH2pHlGW1Z0g8nvM/edit#gid=0

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol because it is refurbish, saying it is possible patched is fair.

base on when people started submitting serial # for a database, only 4 people have XAW9 units out of 782.

Ok, its fair to say it's possible that it's patched but don't say things like "it's probably" or "possible all patched" because that makes people assume it more likely than not the XAW9 switches are patched when there is no evidence to support so.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, its fair to say it's possible that it's patched but don't say things like "it's probably" or "possible all patched" because that makes people assume it more likely than not the XAW9 switches are patched when there is no evidence to support so.

Can't help it when there is not enough data on it, and it is hard to get a hand on XAW9 unit as they are refurbish, I doubt anyone want to give an unpatched unit for a XAW9 unit. Sure you got an unpatched XAW9 unit good, move along that info doesn't help the general public as they don't go after refurb unit.

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't help it when there is not enough data on it, and it is hard to get a hand on XAW9 unit as they are refurbish, I doubt anyone want to give an unpatched unit for a XAW9 unit. Sure you got an unpatched XAW9 unit good, move along that info doesn't help the general public as they don't go after refurb unit.

What do you mean "can't help it?" Just say you don't know if these systems are patched or unpatched and leave it at that, don't just lie and mislead people by saying they are more than likely patched because so far it is clearly untrue. What do you mean it doesn't help the general public? It helps people with XAW9 switches to know if they can mod their switch or not, I checked this thread for other people with XAW9 switches that were unpatched before I tested my own, without them I might not have tested it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean can't help it? Just say you don't know if these systems are patched or unpatched and leave it at that, don't just lie and mislead people by saying they are more than likely patched because so far it is clearly untrue. What do you mean it doesn't help the general public? It helps people with XAW9 switches to know if they can mod their switch or not, I checked this thread for other people with XAW9 switches that were unpatched before I tested my own, without them I might not have tested it.

Serials beginning with XAW1:
Serials between XAW10000000000 - XAW10074000000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAW10075000000 - XAW10120000000 are possibly patched
Serials above XAW10120000000 are definitely patched

Serials beginning with XAW4:
Serials between XAW40000000000 - XAW40011000000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAW40011000000 - XAW40012000000 are possibly patched
Serials above XAW40012000000 are definitely patched

Serials beginning with XAW7:
Serials between XAW70000000000 - XAW70017500000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAW70017500000 - XAW70030000000 are possibly patched
Serials above XAW70030000000 are definitely patched

When you looks at the opening posts, there is a range of serial number for XAW1, XAW4, XAW7 for what to expect as 100% unpatched, possibly patch, and 100% patch, there is so little data on XAW9 units, the google docs sheet I posted earlier only have 4 serial number that begin with XAW9 in that google docs, you think your single post of a XAW9 unit going to a much of a help when there is no range of serial number to expect it is 100% unpatched.

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serials beginning with XAW1:
Serials between XAW10000000000 - XAW10074000000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAW10075000000 - XAW10120000000 are possibly patched
Serials above XAW10120000000 are definitely patched

Serials beginning with XAW4:
Serials between XAW40000000000 - XAW40011000000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAW40011000000 - XAW40012000000 are possibly patched
Serials above XAW40012000000 are definitely patched

Serials beginning with XAW7:
Serials between XAW70000000000 - XAW70017500000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAW70017500000 - XAW70030000000 are possibly patched
Serials above XAW70030000000 are definitely patched

When you looks at the opening posts, there is a range of serial number for XAW1, XAW4, XAW7 for what to expect as 100% unpatched, possibly patch, and 100% patch, there is so little data on XAW9 units, the google docs sheet I posted earlier only have 4 serial number that begin with XAW9 in that google docs, you think your single post of a XAW9 unit going to a much of a help when there is no range of serial number to expect it is 100% unpatched.

So your say you aren't clear on the status of XAW9 switches based on little data so your just going to say they are all patched because...?

How many people with XAW9 switches have assumed their unpatched switch was actually patched because of this?

Guess what, if my single post of success with a XAW9 switch can make even one person with a similar system swing from " my switch is patched." To "maybe there's a chance" I am glad to help.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your say you aren't clear on the status of XAW9 switches based on little data so your just going to say they are all patched because...?

How many people with XAW9 switches have assumed their unpatched switch was actually patched because of this?

Guess what, if my single post of success with a XAW9 switch can make even one person with a similar system swing from " my switch is patched." To "maybe there's a chance" I am glad to help.

Like I said there isn't a range of serial number you can expect from XAW9 to be 100% unpatched, possibly patch, and 100% patched, so single XAW9 number doesn't help much, you have to collect hundred of serial numbers to tell. So if someone hand you a XAW9 unit can you tell if it is unpatched or not without pushing a payload, with the opening post you can with XAW1, XAW4, XAW7 units.

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said there isn't a range of serial number you can expect from XAW9 to be 100% unpatched, possibly patch, and 100% patched, so single XAW9 number doesn't help much, you have to collect hundred of serial numbers to tell. So if someone hand you a XAW9 unit can you tell if it is unpatched or not without pushing a payload, with the opening post you can with XAW1, XAW4, XAW7 units.
Then just say the status of patchablilty is unknown instead of saying its probably patched

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you tell OP, it is not my thread, beside when people buy a unit to see if it hackable or not they don't buy refurbish from Nintendo.
I was more so referring to buying it from a 3rd party, not Nintendo themselves, I agree that it would be foolish to chance an unpatched refurbed switch from Nintendo. But a lot of people have refurb switches from Nintendo before they patched it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was more so referring to buying it from a 3rd party, not Nintendo themselves, I agree that it would be foolish to chance an unpatched refurbed switch from Nintendo. But a lot of people have refurb switches from Nintendo before they patched it.

XAW9 is from Nintendo only, you don't get XAW9 from retails.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about an independent seller who already tested the systems.

XAW9 come from Nintendo so it doesn't help the general public who want to get a 100% unpatched unit, I mean if someone hand you an XAW9 you wouldn't be able to tell if it unpatched or not by just looking at the serial #, with the opening post you can tell with XAW1, XAW4, XAW7.

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XAW9 come from Nintendo so it doesn't help the general public who want to get a 100% unpatched unit, I mean if someone hand you an XAW9 you wouldn't be able to tell if it unpatched or not by just looking at the serial #, with the opening post you can tell with XAW1, XAW4, XAW7.
Hey, as the patched switches grow rarer as time pass people are gonna get more desperate for an unpatched switch, or maybe someone will find an exploit for the newer switch model, or not.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand the problem here?! XAW9 units are possibly patched because they are refurbished. POSSIBLY!!! Can you read? That's fair enough imho. You have an unpatched XAW9...so good so far. Yours is unpatched, but that doesn't mean that every XAW9 unit is unpatched. So, why crying here?

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
@MASTERLITE I have read your posts and I partly agree with your criticism. For the most part I consider XAW9 consoles edge cases as there are so few of them that it is hard interpolate the data to being able to say if ALL of them are unpatched or if we are seeing an "anomaly" in the sample size. This is were my "possibly patched" statement was made. As far as I can tell, a majory of XAW9 consoles were unpatched, I think I saw one in the thread that was patched.

I don't want add bounderies to this serial number as, like I said, the sample size is to small and secoundly, they come directly from Nintendo as refubished. You could argue that the other Switch come from Nintendo as well, but I don't know if the follow the same pattern. They seem to, yes, but this is where the small sample size comes into play again.

TL;DR: I agree that theXAW9 situation is far from ideal, but in my opinion this is the best option right now. Keeping them as possibly patched also keeps the presentation of the data consistent with the others. Maybe I should add an astrerix that they are more likely to be unpatched.

Last edited by Essometer,

MASTERLITE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MASTERLITE I have read your posts and I partly agree with your criticism. For the most part I consider XAW9 consoles edge cases as there are so few of them that it is hard interpolate the data to being able to say if ALL of them are unpatched or if we are seeing an "anomaly" in the sample size. This is were my "possibly patched" statement was made. As far as I can tell, a majory of XAW9 consoles were unpatched, I think I saw one in the thread that was patched.

I don't want add bounderies to this serial number as, like I said, the sample size is to small and secoundly, they come directly from Nintendo as refubished. You could argue that the other Switch come from Nintendo as well, but I don't know if the follow the same pattern. They seem to, yes, but this is where the small sample size comes into play again.

TL;DR: I agree that theXAW9 situation is far from ideal, but in my opinion this is the best option right now. Keeping them as possibly patched also keeps the presentation of the data consistent with the others. Maybe I should add an astrerix that they are more likely to be unpatched.

I hold no issue with the "possibly patched" rating because its the truth, I just feel like it was a mistake to say "very possible all patched." when you knew nothing concrete about the systems; refurbed switches were being sold long before they fixed the hardware error on the switch meaning unless Nintendo decided to implement the motherboard into the refurbed switches many months before they did their assembly line(which is unlikely) than it is guaranteed that a large amount of refurbed switches were sold unpatched.

Also thank you for addressing this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong