Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this bundle (if new) exists with FWs higher than 3.0.0 ??

81QYb24jlqL._SL1500_.jpg

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think all of the Splatoon 2 bundles come with 2.1.0. But something to bare in mind if you're buying off eBay is that sellers might switch the tablet with a different one inside the box, so its always best to ask.

For example, I've seen a seller list a Switch tablet with 2.1.0 at a premium price, then they've listed the rest of the box contents (joycons, dock, etc) in a separate listing, and then also listed the whole Splatoon 2 Switch bundle in a third listing at a premium price. When enquiring about the 2.1.0 tablet, I was told it was from a Splatoon 2 bundle.
Call me a cynic but I couldnt help thinking that this seller has taken the 2.1.0 tablet out of the Splatoon bundle to sell on its own for a higher price, and then stuck a higher FW Switch tablet into the Splatoon bundle box and then listed that also at a high price. Baring in mind that the 2.1.0 listing mentions its use with homebrew, while there's no mention of the firmware version in the Splatoon bundle listing.

I'd imagine you can see what's going on here...

Reactions: PCityPaul

Kilimbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just got my hands on a XAW700052*****.
Gonna open it soon to check the firmware but I'm confident to believe it's below 3.0.0. Should be 2.1.0 according to the graphs.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just got my hands on a XAW700052*****.
Gonna open it soon to check the firmware but I'm confident to believe it's below 3.0.0. Should be 2.1.0 according to the graphs.
Ooh that's a new piece of data. 2.X went through a bunch of revisions in such a short time, that the seldomly-produced XAW700 should have them all compressed right next to eachother. You could honestly get anything from 2.1.0-2.3.0

@Xplic1T @Essometer
We have a big problem. The Spreadsheet is full and no-one has the ability to add more lines. I can work in a temp solution until you get around to it.

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: Kilimbi

Kilimbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here we go... I'm happy I got this one, it was on sale!

Serial: XAW700052xxxxx
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: AUS/NZ
Firmware: 2.2.0
Color option: Grey
Store: EB Games
Was a bundle (if yes, which): NO
Purchase date: 25/03/2018

orealis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I bought a switch a couple of weeks ago and it was 4.01.. kept off updating it but decided to go back and see if I could find any older firmware ones. I found two 3.01's in the XAJ700150 - XAJ700199 range.. so I .. bought those (yes, I now have two spare switches for "future use", who needs food anyway...) and updated my 4.01 to 5.0 so I could go online...
While not sub 3.0.0, I'm not too bothered due to 4.x having trusted zone hack already..

very handy guide this!

Last edited by orealis,

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: crazyxelite

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coming back to confirm it:

Serial: XAW100600#####
Serial on device matches serial on box: affirmative
Region: US
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Neon
Store: Ebay(downpat99)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Nope
Purchase date: 3/9/18 (shipped 3/13/18)

newer switches definitely are 4.1.0, for now until chaos breaks loose probably next month

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto