Hardware Switch misbehaving when a microSD card is inserted

BBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With a microSD card on my Nintendo Switch the touch screen stops working.
When I wake up the console from sleep it always tells me that the microSD was disconnected and that I need to power off the console.

Tried two SD Cards. Sandisk Ultra 16GB and Samsung EVO 128 GB. The second one formatted with GUIFormat.

This is an old model. Bought used two months ago. First time trying to use a microSD card.

Reactions: funnyguywiiu

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a microSD card on my Nintendo Switch the touch screen stops working.
When I wake up the console from sleep it always tells me that the microSD was disconnected and that I need to power off the console.

Tried two SD Cards. Sandisk Ultra 16GB and Samsung EVO 128 GB. The second one formatted with GUIFormat.

This is an old model. Bought used two months ago. First time trying to use a microSD card.

I would check actual slot, may be something get in.
You can reach card slot very easy just by taking back housing off:

One screw on the top (Philips)
Four on back (Tri-Wing)
Two on the bottom (Philips)
One on each side(middle one on the rail) (Philips)

When you will open console you will see card slot flex-cable, may be connection is bad or water get in, pins in a slot might be bent also.
Either way i hope that is not a motherboard issue.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    880.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: BBR

BBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yesterday I tried taking of the slot, cleaning it a little with isopropyl alcohol and put it back in to no avail.
I also swapped the piece with a friends slot and did nothing to fix the error, my piece worked as intended in his console.
I removed the shield to take some pictures, here they are:

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I tried taking of the slot, cleaning it a little with isopropyl alcohol and put it back in to no avail.
I also swapped the piece with a friends slot and did nothing to fix the error, my piece worked as intended in his console.
I removed the shield to take some pictures, here they are:

I am out of ideas, i would check elements around, compare multimeter readings with working switch to make sure hardware is good.
Over all pictures looks good for me, may be it's a software issue or maybe cards are faulty, did you tried to check those cards in your friend switch?

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're fine with this:
I've recently fixed an MicroSD issue and I've got enough knowledge around fixing various random switch issues;

I'll be glad to help you out if you can micro solder and have a multimeter at hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Why so serious!