Hardware Switch nand dump

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMHO Switch can't fail hacked or not, it's going to replace the 3DS (Nintendo keeping it as quiet as possible because the 3DS is still selling) and it is already Nintendo's latest home console replacing the Wii U.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Both are, actually, but the Wii U was more limited to how portable it was. I'm just trying to figure out why people are so eager to do it with the Switch.
It's always fun to hack cart-bases systems, especially since it's based on FreeBSD for the OS.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO Switch can't fail hacked or not, it's going to replace the 3DS (Nintendo keeping it as quiet as possible because the 3DS is still selling) and it is already Nintendo's latest home console replacing the Wii U.
I wish you were right, but they insist on doing a new portable device.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's also good news but the way I see it is the Switch is a portable handheld that can be played at home as a home console and not the other way around.

The reasoning for the marketing towards the Switch being a home console that you can take with you is because the Wii U is a big failure and Nintendo wants to cover that gap for the time being, it's not even as powerful as the XBone which is now considered a semi-last gen console with the PS4 Pro already released and the Scorpio on it's way.

If looking at the Switch as a handheld, it's the most powerful handheld to date that double as a home console something their competitors are lacking and will have to copy and look like copy cats in order to get a device out that is similar to compete.

Hybrid is the marketing now for the Switch until a price drop takes place with an option that does not force users buyers into the dock bundle which makes it a home console, when the time comes it'll replace and 3DS and most if not all 3DS owners will upgrade to a price dropped and non Hybrid Switch (still can get the dock separately the user wants to use it as a home console).

Edit:

Ask yourself this, why would anyone want to buy a another Nintendo portable that is less powerful than the Switch as a replacement for the 3DS?

Since the Switch is marketed as a Hybrid console replacing the Wii U as Nintendo home console for this generation, have you ever heard of the handheld being more powerful than a home console ever?

No way another 3DS replacement other than the Switch is going to be more powerful than the Switch (LOL), which bring me back to my first point now that Switch is out is there a demand for less powerful Nintendo handheld to replace the 3DS?

Truth is the Switch is placeholder, if it fails then a 3DS replacement comes out and if it succeeds it is the 3DS replacement.

Last edited by Nemix77,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It shouldn't be hacked this soon. Hacking it this soon will make the system def fail and maybe Nintendo as a hardware developer in a whole. Most people know this so even if they find something i doubt they'll release it this soon and they shouldn't !!!!!!!

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It shouldn't be hacked this soon. Hacking it this soon will make the system def fail and maybe Nintendo as a hardware developer in a whole. Most people know this so even if they find something i doubt they'll release it this soon and they shouldn't !!!!!!!
Exactly, more Wii U hax before Switch hax pls

Reactions: kumikochan

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
My hope is it won't be hacked too soon, we don't want another DS/PSP situation where the piracy rates are so high it turn developers away.
I hope not too :( this is the trouble Nintendo has, the hackers hack the systems way to early and it puts big 3rd party developers off like Capcom etc.. straight away! this is very bad news for the Switch's future!!! the WiiU went the same way, soon as the hacker group failoverflow showed a working hack so very early on in its stage off development, it killed the WiiU instantly and don't be surprised if the Switch goes the same way reading into this thread! this will end Nintendo's development of future consoles if its the case. People like this should keep there shit to themselves and think before there actions!

Last edited by Reecey,

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hope is it won't be hacked too soon, we don't want another DS/PSP situation where the piracy rates are so high it turn developers away.
Yep. Because piracy caused the DS to become one of Nintendo's worst selling systems of all times.
Except, according to Wikipedia, the DS got more than 1,800 games, and, according to Nintendo's official IR website, outsold every other piece of hardware that they ever made.

But it was totally a failure with no games. /s

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is still no correlation between piracy and a failing system. However you like it or not, it's more of a service and price issue most of the times. Look at Steam. It's not a lot of people I know that pirate on PC anymore, since it's more of a hassle than buying a game on Steam.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yep. Because piracy caused the DS to become one of Nintendo's worst selling systems of all times.
Except, according to Wikipedia, the DS got more than 1,800 games, and, according to Nintendo's official IR website, outsold every other piece of hardware that they ever made.

But it was totally a failure with no games. /s

Just going by the releases nintendo DS had more than 5000 titles. Even if some were shovelware.
This of course counts multi region releases.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
a hacked system does not make it fail.
I for one want the system cracked lets get the ball rolling

With Ninty's track record, it may very well deter third parties. So, yes, it's a bad thing.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why are you speculating about Switch being hacked? All we have is a NAND dump and even that hasn't been confirmed yet. NAND dump alone is worthless without being able to decrypt it. I doubt Nintendo made the same mistakes on the Switch they did on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI