Hacking Switch no longer loading up after ChoiDujourNX crash while updating to 6.2

machinehead79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a fully functional 6.1 f/w working on my switch. Decided to upgrade to 6.2 using ChoiDujourNX.... options selected were autorcm enabled/exFAT enabled... (which i had previously also selected when going from 5.1 --> 6.1)... during the update ChoiDujourNX crashed . I had also updated ReiNX to 2.0 (tested and working prior to f/w upgrade). Now on switch boot on hekate CTCaer Mod v 4.6 when i select Launch -->Payloads-->ReinNX.bin it loads the splash screen with the anime girl but black screen after that.... From the same menu if i select Launch-->CFW (AtlasNX/Kosmos v11.5) it loads the Nintendo splash screen and black screen after that. Same deal when Launch-->Stock is selected.

So looks like i am stuck not being able to load into any launcher.

Other information: I currently have a NAND backup but it was from f/w 5.1..

Any suggestions on how to get this console up and running again would be greatly appreciated..

Diablos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NAND restore will certainly solve the problem, maybe the firmware files you used with ChoiDujourNX are bad or corrupted (if you obtained the .nca files from the web, always check them with an .md5 checker and the usually provided .md5 hash).

If you've preserved your fuses (using hekate and autoRCM) you'll be able to restore safely your 5.1 NAND.
First from hekate check your fuse count (Hekate main menu -> "Console info" -> "Print fuse info"). Coming from fw 5.1 you should have 6 burnt fuses: if so, you can proceed safely with the NAND restore, if instead you have 7 or more burnt fuses you can restore the NAND, but you have to always use RCM and hekate to skip the fuse check (while you have the 5.1 installed).

In addition to the rawnand.bin file you also have to restore the BOOT0 and BOOT1 files.

I suggest you to follow this guide (just the "Restore Nand Guide" section under spoiler).
You should also update your files in the SD card with the newest version of Kosmos (11.9 at the moment).

Good luck! :yayswitch:

Last edited by Diablos90,
Reactions: machinehead79

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another good more recent guide (addresses 7.0 downgraders too) - https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/manualchoidowngrade

Edit: Someone in another thread said the guide above 'doesn't work'. Not sure if that's accurate but I'd look into it before trying.

No, it works, it's just not recommended.
I had a fully functional 6.1 f/w working on my switch. Decided to upgrade to 6.2 using ChoiDujourNX.... options selected were autorcm enabled/exFAT enabled... (which i had previously also selected when going from 5.1 --> 6.1)... during the update ChoiDujourNX crashed . I had also updated ReiNX to 2.0 (tested and working prior to f/w upgrade). Now on switch boot on hekate CTCaer Mod v 4.6 when i select Launch -->Payloads-->ReinNX.bin it loads the splash screen with the anime girl but black screen after that.... From the same menu if i select Launch-->CFW (AtlasNX/Kosmos v11.5) it loads the Nintendo splash screen and black screen after that. Same deal when Launch-->Stock is selected.

So looks like i am stuck not being able to load into any launcher.

Other information: I currently have a NAND backup but it was from f/w 5.1..

Any suggestions on how to get this console up and running again would be greatly appreciated..

When you launch ReiNX can you hold the minus volume button, it log what's happening and any error codes

Reactions: machinehead79

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT