TheAgeOfLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've got a problem with my switch and wondering someone else must of experienced this. I'll preface with I purchased my switch from eBay already modded. So I have not gone through the modding ritual myself (although I did a Wii years ago).
The seller installed Tinfoil, showed me how to use it and the only maintenance I've had to do is find a new shop when the current one gets taken offline.
I lost access to a shop earlier in the year and didn't find a replacement until this week. When I download games, they do not launch and look like this on the Home:

1704209558079.png

I suspect this is only recent games as I can download older games (Super Mario 3D All Stars) and this worked as expected. So I must have something which is outdated. I've updated Tinfoil to 17.0 and this has not resolved the issue. I'm hesitant to update anything else without checking as I don't want to break this thing.

I've done some research:
The switch uses Hekate = v 5.7.2
Atmosphere I think is 1.3.2 (image below of system settings).
As far as I can tell, I have a V2 switch.
1704209633068.png

I've seen Sigpatches are a thing and this could be the cause? But I'm unsure whether I can use new sigpatches with an old version of Atmosphere. If I update Atmosphere, is there anything else I should consider?

To update, is it as simple as just drag & drop some files on SD card or do I need to get some sort of software to execute it?

Any ideas?

Ta

TheAgeOfLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the response.
Regarding updating CFW, is there a preference on method, PC or Switch? They both seem relatively straightforward.

TheAgeOfLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok,
So perform the update via hekate SD card mount feature (for future readers, access hekate by restarting switch > Tools > USB Tools > SD Card).

Using the rentry.org URL > How to update your CFW gets me to the following:
  • Hekate (github)
  • Atmosphere (github)
  • fusee (Only download this if you are using fusee.bin....am i?)
  • Sigpatches (Only down this if you are updating your firmware)

Darthsternie seems to get me the 17.0.1 Firmware, presume this is fine to update via hekate sd card mount feature.

I'm presuming the order would be
1. Hekate
2. Atmosphere
3. Fusee & Sigpatches
4. Firmware

Does this sound right or am I way off? Appreciate the responses so far

Reactions: Blythe93

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok,
So perform the update via hekate SD card mount feature (for future readers, access hekate by restarting switch > Tools > USB Tools > SD Card).

Using the rentry.org URL > How to update your CFW gets me to the following:
  • Hekate (github)
  • Atmosphere (github)
  • fusee (Only download this if you are using fusee.bin....am i?)
  • Sigpatches (Only down this if you are updating your firmware)

Darthsternie seems to get me the 17.0.1 Firmware, presume this is fine to update via hekate sd card mount feature.

I'm presuming the order would be
1. Hekate
2. Atmosphere
3. Fusee & Sigpatches
4. Firmware

Does this sound right or am I way off? Appreciate the responses so far

Correct, patches could be found here. Use daybreak to update your firmware.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

TheAgeOfLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Daybreak is a new variable in the mix. It looks like it comes with Atmosphere and it's just a case of launching Daybreak within the Switch and going through the prompts.

I've found this guide (first link) on the internet, does it look 'right' to you?

switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade.html

I should have some time over the weekend to do this :)

TheAgeOfLove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To provide an update to the thread.
Went through the steps and Atmosphere is now updated. System version still says 14.1.1???
I now have the game icon when downloading new games but still cannot play them with "You must have the software in order to play".

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
To provide an update to the thread.
Went through the steps and Atmosphere is now updated. System version still says 14.1.1???
I now have the game icon when downloading new games but still cannot play them with "You must have the software in order to play".
It seems you only updated atmosphere. Use Daybreak to update the Switch firmware as well

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
But I'm unsure whether I can use new sigpatches with an old version of Atmosphere.
Sigpatches are backwards compatible with all Atmosphere and firmware revisions up until the latest one mentioned in the first post. I remember asking about it few months ago here. Firmware 17.0.1 was a minor revision so there was no change done to the actual code other than few more words being added to the language filter (source).

Last edited by Blythe93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto