Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

glaciuzzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, i have a clean sysnand and created an emunand on sd. now i have all my accounts and installed games from sysnand in emunand cfw. is it possible to use factory reset in emunand cfw to delete user profiles and accounts or do i destroy my emunand or sysnand this way ? if its possible what is getting deleted ? is my homebrew on sd still there ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, totally new to Switch CFW so apologies if this question doesn't make sense...

Say I wanted to install CFW solely for the purpose of changing the hourly music in Animal Crossing. How does this work when it comes to downloading the seasonal updates? Am I able to load the same save file in both CFW and OFW? Am I able to edit the music in the OFW or will that get me flagged for a ban? The one thing stopping me from installing CFW is that I don't want to lose access to updates.
CFW is not installed however it does leave traces in your system that can lead to a ban. CFW and OFW are just different ways of booting the console. And if you ever use CFW and/or homebrew, there is a chance of being banned.

Hey, I am thinking to buy a switch, would it be possible to dual boot (OFW/CFW) in a hacked switch? Can we play online with a hacked switch?
As explained in the above post, CFW and OFW are simply alternative ways of powering up the Switch. Playing online with a hacked device has the chance of invoking a ban.

noob question .can i downgrade emummc to any firmware version? or just the one where it was created?
Yes you can downgrade emuMMC to any firmware version however cartridges may or may not work depending on how many cartridge fuses were burnt.

hey, i have a clean sysnand and created an emunand on sd. now i have all my accounts and installed games from sysnand in emunand cfw. is it possible to use factory reset in emunand cfw to delete user profiles and accounts or do i destroy my emunand or sysnand this way ? if its possible what is getting deleted ? is my homebrew on sd still there ?
It is better to leave any Nintendo Account linked as certain games will not launch without one. And all homebrew is shared between sysMMC and emUMMC via the Switch folder.
Ok, I got icognito installed and tested everything works.

I went to CFW and checked the system settings. All good. Now a couple of noob questions.

1) How to get to sysnand OFW from CFW? I went from CFW to KosmosToolbox and rebooted to Hekate and then launched sysnand OFW. Is that the right way? Or should I just turn off the switch a cold boot?

2) Any way to get back to emunand from sysand OFW? I guess that is a stupid question. I have to RCM Hekate again and launch from there right?
  1. Doesn't make a difference
  2. Correct

TisIte

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's probably the safest method of having a clean up-to-date sysNAND while also having AutoRCM so as not to burn fuses.
Unfortunately it seems that after downloading the update in OFW Stock (in settings under system update, no longer says version info but system update is downloaded). When going to offline CFW SysNAND - I am unable to actually update as it asks to connect to the internet, airplane mode or wifi w/ 90DNS has similar error. Not sure if I'm missing something.

Do I just bite the bullet and connect wifi just to update and then let it reboot with AutoRCM? or try the ChoiDujourNX offline and risk dirtying SysNAND?

Last edited by TisIte,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately it seems that after downloading the update in OFW Stock (in settings under system update, no longer says version info but system update is downloaded). When going to offline CFW SysNAND - I am unable to actually update as it asks to connect to the internet, airplane mode or wifi w/ 90DNS has similar error. Not sure if I'm missing something.

Do I just bite the bullet and connect wifi just to update and then let it reboot with AutoRCM? or try the ChoiDujourNX offline and risk dirtying SysNAND?
If it were me, I would install AutoRCM if it's not already installed, boot my system using the latest stock Atmosphere this one time, connect online, and update. Your NAND is unlikely to be dirtied this one time. If the risk isn't worth it, I'd give up having a low fuse count. If you want AutoRCM but don't care about your fuse count, you can install AutoRCM after updating your sysNAND without Atmosphere.

dracosson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember at one point seeing a homebrew app for amiboo duping ? Not sure if the right word... Where you can inject like a file that you have it .

I can't remember what the name of apps was and was wondering if it's hard to use?

Isaac02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I update my stock firmware via nintendo's servers, will I get banned?
I use EmuMMC on my sdcard but i don't know if updating the stock firmware can detect that and ban me.
I have never launched any cfw in the stock hardware.

Deleted member 524491

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi, guys, not sure if this is the right place:

I recently restored my NAND and am planning to be legit from now on, but I'm still paranoid to connect it to the internet.
The reason is that when running CFW I updated from 5 something to 7 something. And I think the joycons updated as well.
So I was wondering if that could be a ban risk and if so, is it possible to downgrade their firmware?
I also used the tinfoil method if that matters.

Thanks for any :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I update my stock firmware via nintendo's servers, will I get banned?
I use EmuMMC on my sdcard but i don't know if updating the stock firmware can detect that and ban me.
I have never launched any cfw in the stock hardware.
You risk getting banned whenever you go online after using CFW & homebrew.

Hi, guys, not sure if this is the right place:

I recently restored my NAND and am planning to be legit from now on, but I'm still paranoid to connect it to the internet.
The reason is that when running CFW I updated from 5 something to 7 something. And I think the joycons updated as well.
So I was wondering if that could be a ban risk and if so, is it possible to downgrade their firmware?
I also used the tinfoil method if that matters.

Thanks for any :)
Depends on how you updated your firmware. If you updated online, you should update offline to the firmware you were on before the restore. If you updated offline, then you will be fine going online.

Isaac02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Depends on how you updated your firmware. If you updated online, you should update offline to the firmware you were on before the restore. If you updated offline, then you will be fine going online.
That didn't really answer my question. I know that, but will updating sfw via Nintendo's servers detect my emuMMC and guarantee ban my sfw?
My cfw is in incognito right now. If i removed the sd card and update, would that help prevent a ban?
All I want to do it update my sfw to 10.0

Last edited by Isaac02,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't really answer my question. I know that, but will updating sfw via Nintendo's servers detect my emuMMC and guarantee ban my sfw?
My cfw is in incognito right now. If i removed the sd card and update, would that help prevent a ban?
All I want to do it update my sfw to 10.0
No that was the answer to your question. All bans are due to people using CFW or homebrew and then going online. Any other action will not warrant a ban.

Isaac02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that was the answer to your question. All bans are due to people using CFW or homebrew and then going online. Any other action will not warrant a ban.
So even though I've been running an emuMMC partition with it's serial number completely removed via incognito, If I go back to stock firmware (that has no traces of cfw), I'm still at risk of getting banned?

Deleted member 524491

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

Perhaps I didn't give clear info.
I made a backup on firmware 5.x.x and started using CFW.
At some point I updated the firmware to 7.x.x using ChoidujourNX without burning any fuses.
I think then I was prompted with joycon updates, and did them as well. I believe they were offline updates, cause I was always on airplane mode.
Now I restored my NAND to 5.x.x, and wanna be legit (OFW only).
So I'm curious, is there a ban risk by using joycons updated through CFW?

wafflebroguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally updated to 10.0.0 earlier this week and today I barely hacked my switch. I am using awoo installer and have captain toad treasure tracker, but when I try to launch it, it keeps saying I need to connect to the internet before I can play it. What do I do?

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I have a quick question
Do I have to Delete my legit games before I perform full nand backup for every update? I mean do I have to initialize my switch before performing backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3