Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It helps organize your backups, rename them in a format you prefer, etc.
I mainly need it because I have no idea what versions these files are and the "v0, v65536," etc version number naming scheme Nintendo uses is bunk.
I know what it does. I wanted to know what you were trying to do.

Switch Backup Manager might still work with an updated keys file and versionlist file, but I'm not sure. I haven't used it in ages.

NSC_Builder might also do what you're wanting. I'm not sure. I keep very few NSP files on my computer and mostly use Tinfoil shops like HBG, etc., not counting the occasional early release XCI.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I know what it does. I wanted to know what you were trying to do.

Switch Backup Manager might still work with an updated keys file and versionlist file, but I'm not sure. I haven't used it in ages.

NSC_Builder might also do what you're wanting. I'm not sure. I keep very few NSP files on my computer and mostly use Tinfoil shops like HBG, etc., not counting the occasional early release XCI.

Ah. OK, well, those are the primary reasons I use it. But I don't seem to be able to get it to work right. Could the versionlist file? I don't recall how to update it, suppose I'll google it. I also haven't used it in ages and have forgotten a lot of the basic homebrew stuff since I last hacked a Switch. Hence all my questions as of late. lol

NSC_Builder sounds like it's exactly what I needed! Thanks! And I honestly have a lot of space to spare, so I don't mind keeping them. There ARE the occasional files you won't find on HBG (or alternatives, which... I don't really know of any, tbh), but making sure you have the latest is a pain when their naming scheme doesn't really help in that regard, especially when you use a reference like this site, to check on available updates.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. OK, well, those are the primary reasons I use it. But I don't seem to be able to get it to work right. Could the versionlist file? I don't recall how to update it, suppose I'll google it. I also haven't used it in ages and have forgotten a lot of the basic homebrew stuff since I last hacked a Switch. Hence all my questions as of late. lol

NSC_Builder sounds like it's exactly what I needed! Thanks! And I honestly have a lot of space to spare, so I don't mind keeping them. There ARE the occasional files you won't find on HBG (or alternatives, which... I don't really know of any, tbh), but making sure you have the latest is a pain when their naming scheme doesn't really help in that regard, especially when you use a reference like this site, to check on available updates.
I've never seen anything that couldn't be found on HBG and other sources combined.

Edit: they also automatically scan your system for available updates and DLC.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen anything that couldn't be found on HBG and other sources combined.

Edit: they also automatically scan your system for available updates and DLC.

Oh YEAH, they do, huh.

Pretty sure there's even a way to extract those DLC and updates to the microSD, anyhow. Too bad it can't be done with games themselves (well, not last time I checked, anyway).

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If you install a game, you can then dump that game. I don't know why you would though.

Why am I not surprised? ..... Damn, I am really behind on the Switch homebrew scene! lmao
To be honest, it's more of a OCD thing. Also a habit from when I lived at a place where the only internet we had access to was AT&T U-Verse DSL, which was gawd-awful.

While we're on the subject of Tinfoil/HBG... I have been trying to launch Tinfoil without success. Oddly enough, it SHOULD be working because I'm launching from fusee-primary (and my sigpatches work, as well), but I'm not sure what else could be the issue. It briefly goes to a black screen, then back to the hbmenu. And yes, I'm launching it with the proper "full memory, etc" method (holding R and "launching" a game). Any ideas?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I not surprised? ..... Damn, I am really behind on the Switch homebrew scene! lmao
To be honest, it's more of a OCD thing. Also a habit from when I lived at a place where the only internet we had access to was AT&T U-Verse DSL, which was gawd-awful.

While we're on the subject of Tinfoil/HBG... I have been trying to launch Tinfoil without success. Oddly enough, it SHOULD be working because I'm launching from fusee-primary (and my sigpatches work, as well), but I'm not sure what else could be the issue. It briefly goes to a black screen, then back to the hbmenu. And yes, I'm launching it with the proper "full memory, etc" method (holding R and "launching" a game). Any ideas?
Blawar's Tinfoil installs to the home menu. Only the installer is run from the Homebrew Launcher. What happens when you launch Tinfoil from the home menu?

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Blawar's Tinfoil installs to the home menu. Only the installer is run from the Homebrew Launcher. What happens when you launch Tinfoil from the home menu?

Ahh... I don't actually have it installed. I am using the nro that came bundled with the HBG package.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... key word being should. It doesn't, which means Tinfoil isn't just crashing, it's not even loading at all.
Remove the tinfoil folder from the switch folder, redownload HBG, and try again. Make sure you are using the latest Atmosphere booted with fusee-primary and the proper signature patches. And make sure you're on 10.1.0.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Remove the tinfoil folder from the switch folder, redownload HBG, and try again. Make sure you are using the latest Atmosphere booted with fusee-primary and the proper signature patches. And make sure you're on 10.1.0.

Yep, the last three parts check out. Gonna have to try the first suggestion, though.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to get cfw atmosphere and jailbreak my switch for the first time. First I formatted my SD card to fat32. Then I placed the latest atmosphere files on my sd card, removed it & put the SD card in switch. Next I placed the newest fusee-primary in TegraRcmGUI(v2.6). Connected my switch to my computer & put in in RCM mode. Now my problem is every time I inject the payload the tegragui freezes/crash & then I have to force close it & try again with the same results.

I am new to this & not sure what else to do.
Try using TegraRCMSmash instead.

Hello,
I have a patched v1 Sx Core Switch and I wondered if I can run rcm payloads on it at the moment??
(Btw this is my 2nd post of the same question since I thought it wasn't seen, really sorry if seen and didn't answer intentially)

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk
You can only chainload them via the SX OS menu.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to get cfw atmosphere and jailbreak my switch for the first time. First I formatted my SD card to fat32. Then I placed the latest atmosphere files on my sd card, removed it & put the SD card in switch. Next I placed the newest fusee-primary in TegraRcmGUI(v2.6). Connected my switch to my computer & put in in RCM mode. Now my problem is every time I inject the payload the tegragui freezes/crash & then I have to force close it & try again with the same results.

I am new to this & not sure what else to do.

Honestly, you should be using Hekate. Not just because it's more likely to solve your issue, but mainly because it is HIGHLY recommended that you make a backup of your NAND (and your keys, if you intend to pursue other homebrew applications/hacks). This is mandatory and I do not recommend skipping this step. On top of that, if you so chose, you can also enable AutoRCM so you won't have the need for a RCM entry point (it literally allows you to boot directly into RCM and load a payload or boot into Hekate/CFW). Please do this if you value your console.

Just keep in mind that the sigpatches available come in two flavors (one for Hekate/fss0, which loads fusee-secondary by defaul, and one for Atmosphere, for those who boot fusee-primary instead/directly). Those are needed for playing backups.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

Shadowfox1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, you should be using Hekate. Not just because it's more likely to solve your issue, but mainly because it is HIGHLY recommended that you make a backup of your NAND (and your keys, if you intend to pursue other homebrew applications/hacks). This is mandatory and I do not recommend skipping this step. On top of that, if you so chose, you can also enable AutoRCM so you won't have the need for a RCM entry point (it literally allows you to boot directly into RCM and load a payload or boot into Hekate/CFW). Please do this if you value your console.

Just keep in mind that the sigpatches available come in two flavors (one for Hekate/fss0, which loads fusee-secondary by defaul, and one for Atmosphere, for those who boot fusee-primary instead/directly). Those are needed for playing backups.

lol ok I am going to be 100% honest & say I have never made a backup of my Nand because I don’t really know how to yet. But since you recommended that I do I will do my research. Also figure out more info on Hekate. I’m literally new to this so thanks for all the help

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
lol ok I am going to be 100% honest & say I have never made a backup of my Nand because I don’t really know how to yet. But since you recommended that I do I will do my research. Also figure out more info on Hekate. I’m literally new to this so thanks for all the help

Everyone starts off the same, just overwhelmed by all the information from different sources. Some even conflicting with others. But the scene is in agreement, a NAND backup is very much necessary. Be warned that it is roughtly 29.2 GB once completed. A 32 GB microSD card is recommended, but NOT necessary, as Hekate will pause the process as necessary and notify you to remove the card and transfer the NAND portions to your PC (or phone, or whatever). Otherwise if you have the space, it's simply one file name "rawnand.bin" along with the boot0/1 data. Also highly advised to keep multiple backups of these files.

Good luck!

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Try using TegraRCMSmash instead.

You can only chainload them via the SX OS menu.
Hello, thanks for answering. I don't know what is chainloading. So does that mean I can run any rcm from sx os boot menu? Also, if I can run payloads, can I install atmosphere too?

Last edited by GCS,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks for answering. I don't know what is chainloading. So does that mean I can run any rcm from sx os boot menu? Also, if I can run payloads, can I install atmosphere too?

SX Loader blocked loading of other CFW back when.... I want to say v2.6.0 was released. So, no, it's not possible without some sorcery, so to speak.
To answer the first question, chainloading is the process of loading one payload, then another via the previous payload, and so on as needed. It's not often necessary, but there are some cases where it is useful, or in the case of SX Core/Lite, your only entry point into Atmosphere. Because the only CFW those modchips will allow you to boot is SX OS (their proprietary CFW which they of course want you to be locked into), the alternative entry point would be to set Hekate as your "reboot-to-payload" option from SX OS. You can then chainload into Atmosphere from there. It might be a bit complicated to set up, but really the best choice.

EDIT: You could also try this first, see how it goes, if you're having trouble with the above process.
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher

How to install
  1. Drop the .nro file in the switch folder
  2. Create a folder called payloads on the root on the sd card and place your payload.bin files in there

It may be outdated, but it's really simple to use. I do recommend the Hekate chainload route, over this, though.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
SX Loader blocked loading of other CFW back when.... I want to say v2.6.0 was released. So, no, it's not possible without some sorcery, so to speak.
To answer the first question, chainloading is the process of loading one payload, then another via the previous payload, and so on as needed. It's not often necessary, but there are some cases where it is useful, or in the case of SX Core/Lite, your only entry point into Atmosphere. Because the only CFW those modchips will allow you to boot is SX OS (their proprietary CFW which they of course want you to be locked into), the alternative entry point would be to set Hekate as your "reboot-to-payload" option from SX OS. You can then chainload into Atmosphere from there. It might be a bit complicated to set up, but really the best choice.

EDIT: You could also try this first, see how it goes, if you're having trouble with the above process.
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher

It may be outdated, but it's really simple to use. I do recommend the Hekate chainload route, over this, though.
Thank you very much and lastly is my switch compatible with all payloads (except for the cfw ones until you do the chainload as you said) that unpatched eristas can run like lockpick, incognito etc. or just some specific ones?

Last edited by GCS,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you very much and lastly is my switch compatible with all payloads (except for the cfw ones until you do the chainload as you said) that unpatched eristas can run like lockpick, incognito etc. or just some specific ones?

I mean it should be able to run them all, just don't enable AutoRCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4