Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
You probably have updated key if you are able to run tegraexplorer on 15.0.1
I followed the steps from Rentry guides... I'm actually running version 4.1.0 of TegraExplorer on CFW 15.0.0 (OFW is 15.0.1)

confirm that you have the latest prod.keys here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/post-9978999

mrdude’s visual aid from the thread (see the 0e in red)

View attachment 336389
Was this for me? I don't use Windows, so I think I can't use that IPS Patch creator!

Last edited by HelloShitty,
Reactions: Hayato213

Yerba

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone. I´m a total noob in switch hacking.
I just bought an OLED model, with some pokemon pictures on it.
1) Is this special model any different to an original OLED model, on the inside? (hardware components)
2) And what about the software? Is it different?
3) I want to buy a HWFLY OLED v5+ modchip, and ask someone to solder it. Will this work?
4) Once I have the modchip installed on my console. Can i switch between Atmosphere and the original firmware? My idea is to buy multiplayer games, and play them on the original firmware (without risk of ban), but download singleplayer games on Atmosphere. Is this possible?
Thank you for your help, and sorry my bad english.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I´m a total noob in switch hacking.
I just bought an OLED model, with some pokemon pictures on it.
1) Is this special model any different to an original OLED model, on the inside? (hardware components)
2) And what about the software? Is it different?
3) I want to buy a HWFLY OLED v5+ modchip, and ask someone to solder it. Will this work?
4) Once I have the modchip installed on my console. Can i switch between Atmosphere and the original firmware? My idea is to buy multiplayer games, and play them on the original firmware (without risk of ban), but download singleplayer games on Atmosphere. Is this possible?
Thank you for your help, and sorry my bad english.

You can use a HWFLY OLED to mod the OLED Switch, recommend a V4. As for playing online you need to seperate your NAND by creating an emunand and keep your sysnand for online stuffs.

Reactions: Yerba and SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remember that console bans are very common if you are online, especially when using a modded Switch. If you get perma banned from online play by using cheats or save file modifications, or by using Nintendo's online services, then there's no possible way to recover from this since the ban is linked to your console's information. Even if you try and restore your NAND back to the way it was, it will be still there.
Post automatically merged:

Since your Switch is an OLED model, as mentioned previously, a HWFLY V4 or V5+ modchip will do the job. RCM modchips on the other hand require an unpatched V1 Switch.

Reactions: Yerba

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was this for me? I don't use Windows, so I think I can't use that IPS Patch creator!
It was for anyone who might was looking for a way to positively check their prod.keys file to see if they are on the old _0d keys or the new 15.0.0 compatible _0e keys. The new _0e keys can be derived using the latest version of Lockpick_RCM that came out 3 days ago.

The picture was just where to look…

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: HelloShitty

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
It was for anyone who might was looking for a way to positively check their prod.keys file to see if they are on the old _0d keys or the new 15.0.0 compatible _0e keys. The new _0e keys can be derived using the latest version of Lockpick_RCM that came out 3 days ago.

The picture was just where to look…
And using Linux, do you know how can we check? Maybe dumping the contents of the file in hex format (no idea)?

Edited;
Is it this:
1668036234564.png

Last edited by HelloShitty,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And using Linux, do you know how can we check? Maybe dumping the contents of the file in hex format (no idea)?

Edited;
Is it this:
View attachment 336565

You did a great job masking the intellectual property! :-)
You could have used vim or a simple cat of the prod.keys file as well. It’s plain text. The part highlighted in yellow shows that you absolutely have dumped the latest 15.0.0 prod.keys. green is 0C and red is 0d…absolutely perfect. You’re all set man.

Reactions: HelloShitty

anditsung

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just bought switch oled with chip. i try to backup my keys using lockpick_rcm
i only get prod.keys. cant find title.keys
i see the screen says no title found
aldready use latest lockpick...
please advice

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bought switch oled with chip. i try to backup my keys using lockpick_rcm
i only get prod.keys. cant find title.keys
i see the screen says no title found
aldready use latest lockpick...
please advice

You looked under the /switch directory?

what are you looking to do and what guide are you following?

you need a title installed to get title keys which is why I’m wondering what you are looking to achieve. Most people won’t need them.

most people would be looking for Sigpatches and a good installer.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — latest Sigpatches here

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Last edited by binkinator,

anditsung

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
im following this guide on rentry.org DumpingKeys
i only got prod.keys not like what the guide says.
i dont have any game installed on semi-stock
is it because of this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im following this guide on rentry.org DumpingKeys
i only got prod.keys not like what the guide says.
i dont have any game installed on semi-stock
is it because of this?
That guide works well. Yes, it’s because you have no game titles installed to get title keys from yet.

You are good with What you have, prod.keys.

No need for title.keys unless you are going to decrypt games and modify them. (Highly unlikely at this stage.)

Go on to the next section: https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

you will likely want this version for this step:
3. Set up Atmosphere with EmuNAND on Mariko

Reactions: anditsung

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I've been trying to get Tinfoil to work on my CFW but even after updating all the files its still giving me issues. I figure I have the wrong sigpatches but no longer know where to get up to date ones. Anyone able to help me out a bit and point me in the correct direction?
The issue could be more than likely the installer. Personally, I use TinWoo Installer and never have any issues while using it. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Witchfyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well... I don't think I did that properly...

So I recently updated my CFW switch to Atmosphere 1.4.0, updated my fusee, and installed a new installer to my Switch. I tried to install a game, unfortunately, the game came up with an error message 2002-4000, unable to open... after that I tried to open another game and it won't open either, none of my games will... Confused and looking for a bit of help! Thank you in advance!

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country

So I recently updated my CFW switch to Atmosphere 1.4.0, updated my fusee, and installed a new installer to my Switch. I tried to install a game, unfortunately, the game came up with an error message 2002-4000, unable to open... after that I tried to open another game and it won't open either, none of my games will... Confused and looking for a bit of help! Thank you in advance!
Have you update Sigpatches (https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/)?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Seems highly likely to be sigpatches need updating, follow advice of reply above mine to find the latest ones.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !
I'm here with a BIG noob question but I never can find any answer on that one.

I've a CFW Switch. Sysnand, emunand. Both works well, but I never updated the firmware since i've them.
On my Sysnand, I've the DNS redirection active to avoid any bad surprise with a Legends : Arceus update. So I guess my firmware is around 12.0 or something like that.

How I could update the firmware on my emunand since i'm in airplane mode, and I don't / can't connect it at all ? Choixdujour implies that right ? Could I dump the update from another CFW Switch like you do for emulators

Thanks !

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi !
I'm here with a BIG noob question but I never can find any answer on that one.

I've a CFW Switch. Sysnand, emunand. Both works well, but I never updated the firmware since i've them.
On my Sysnand, I've the DNS redirection active to avoid any bad surprise with a Legends : Arceus update. So I guess my firmware is around 12.0 or something like that.

How I could update the firmware on my emunand since i'm in airplane mode, and I don't / can't connect it at all ? Choixdujour implies that right ? Could I dump the update from another CFW Switch like you do for emulators

Thanks !
Look around for that Darthsternie firmware guy.

Use daybreak.nro to update firmware. It comes with Atmosphere.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
I can dump mine's folder if necessary for legality wise. I'm just curious, it's not an issue if the sysnand is like in 12.0 and the emunand in 15.0 ?
Thanks a lot <3

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can dump mine's folder if necessary for legality wise. I'm just curious, it's not an issue if the sysnand is like in 12.0 and the emunand in 15.0 ?
Thanks a lot <3
No issues with the Sysnand being 12.x and the emunand being 15.x.
They are essentially two separate systems at this point and can be upgraded independently.

You just need a way to get the latest firmware into Daybreak.nro so yiu can update your emunand.

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good news that your SDCard checks out and we can eliminate it from the potential problems.
Do you have an /atmosphere/contents directory? If so, try to move/rename it to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to test. What we’re doing here is temporarily taking any sys modules out of the equation. Please let us know if that helps at all.
Post automatically merged:
Hey again binkinator.
So i tried renaming the contents folder and rebooted using tegra and hekate bin file.The speed issue is still there, and it uses forever on booting and also starting games. I can even se lag in certain game when using fast menues etc.
Its strange since the SD speed is good at the computer atleast.

It can also be mentioned that some times when I try to reboot or even start with tegra it goes beyong the switch logo and then just stops with a faintly glowing screen. Not reacting to buttons and I have to hold the power down to shut it down and retry. But might just be a reaaaaly slow boot.
If i hoever press and hold the power button and restarts, it boots to hekate. But when I then start emummc it boots with the atmosphere logo. It does not show that logo when injecting right from tegra boot on pc, only switch logo. Just as slow doh.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by maraxion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Maybe it was my Atari 1300... +1