Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across some Amiibo .bin files and have no idea what to do with them. Is there a place for them somewhere on the SD card or a particular CFW I need to activate them?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I came across some Amiibo .bin files and have no idea what to do with them. Is there a place for them somewhere on the SD card or a particular CFW I need to activate them?
You don't need .bin files for Switch amiibo emulation if you use emuiibo (requires Tesla-Menu and nx-ovlloader as well) and emuiigen (to generate virtual amiibos) or AmiiboGenerator (which generates all available amiibo for emuiibo directly from Switch).

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update and install DLC for physical games? Can I just install them with tinfoil?
followup question: is there any risk in doing this? Some guy told me that using phyisical games on the emunand would get me banned, but I doubt so

thank you!
If your console isn't hacked, you would use the eShop. But if your console is hacked, you can install them in the form of .NSP files. That is because going online with a hacked console can get you banned. So while I don't know the specifics of what that guy meant by saying that using physical games on emuMMC would get you banned but connecting to Nintendo's servers after using CFW & homebrew certainly carries a risk.

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To transfer to a new microSD card, can I just partition the SD card with TegraExplorer and then transfer the old contents of my prior microSD card?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Guiformat_X86_X64.7z
    144 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Blythe93

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Finch6147

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's a common question but I googled around and couldn't find an answer.

I updated Atmosphere to 16.x for 17.x FW support. Now that you can't have a blanked prodinfo anymore, is it safe to have exosphere disabled and only use dns mitm? Trying to keep the console from being banned.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's a common question but I googled around and couldn't find an answer.

I updated Atmosphere to 16.x for 17.x FW support. Now that you can't have a blanked prodinfo anymore, is it safe to have exosphere disabled and only use dns mitm? Trying to keep the console from being banned.

As you have setup DNSMitm you can blank out your serial number, when you disable DNSMitm it will crash the system.

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I made an oopsie and was using sysMMC instead of emuMMC. I installed games on there and everything. It happened after I installed the sigpatches for atmosphere. I would like to have a clean sysMMC... can I just uninstall all those games? Transfer the saves to my sysMMC using JKSV? Or is it already tainted?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made an oopsie and was using sysMMC instead of emuMMC. I installed games on there and everything. It happened after I installed the sigpatches for atmosphere. I would like to have a clean sysMMC... can I just uninstall all those games? Transfer the saves to my sysMMC using JKSV? Or is it already tainted?

Tainted unless you have a NAND backup before doing anything.

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you restore do you know what firmware is the backup on and the fuse count for the unit?
This was all within this month, so the firmware should be the most recent. What is the fuse count?
Post automatically merged:

Shoot I also am migrating to a 1TB card at this time. Should I do the NAND backup restore with the old 256GB card instead to be safe?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was all within this month, so the firmware should be the most recent. What is the fuse count?

Switch have fuses for anti downgrade purpose, for example firmware 17.0.x have 19, and 16.x.x have 18. You won't be able to boot without a custom bootloader if you have low firmware and high fuse count.

WizardWell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Switch have fuses for anti downgrade purpose, for example firmware 17.0.x have 19, and 16.x.x have 18. You won't be able to boot without a custom bootloader if you have low firmware and high fuse count.
Fascinating. I should be good then since I did my backup less than 20 days ago. Firmware and fuse count wouldn't have changed.

Thank you for your help!

What about restoring from NAND from a SD card that was migrated?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fascinating. I should be good then since I did my backup less than 20 days ago. Firmware and fuse count wouldn't have changed.

Thank you for your help!

What about restoring from NAND from a SD card that was migrated?

As long the NAND backup belong to this unit you should be fine.

Reactions: WizardWell

WOWRenegade

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone,

After reading the many useful posts in this forum while trying to repair a friend's Switch, I have decided to ask for your help. I received the Switch and it was not turning on at all. No boot logo or anything. Therefore, I decided to measure the current being drawn by the console. I measured 15 V and 0.5 A, so I assumed that M92T36 was working fine, since the 15 V indicate that fast charging is active. After that, I decided to connect the Switch to the PC and it was detected in APX mode, so I gave it a try and load TegraRcmGUI and indeed, the console was being detected in RCM mode. I tried sending a payload, but the console is a V1 patched model, so no possibility of running Hekate.

In light of the above, I drew the following conclusion: the Switch is stuck in AutoRCM because there is some problem with the EMMC and it cannot load the OS. I disassembled the console and check for shorts around M92T36 just in case, but everything was looking fine.

What are my options at this point? I read something about rebuilding the NAND, and I saw some adapters to dump the NAND via Linux with an special adapter, but I think that since I do not have the "keys" (prod.keys, master.keys? I still do not fully understand what they are) I cannot decrypt the NAND contents and try to rebuild it.

I have also considered the possibility of soldering some modchip in order to run Hekate and check the status of the NAND, or at least do the NAND dumping to the microSD, but I see many different modchips around Aliexpress and I don't really know which one I should use.

I really appreciate any possible help you can give to this newbie.

Thanks in advance :)

• Sad
Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3