Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so question. I'm trying to transfer my Monster Hunter XX save from my 3DS to my switch. Now in order for the transfer to work, I have to update the switch to current firmware before it will let me make the transfer, which is obviously a no-bueno. However If I have 2 switches, one on current firmware, and 1 on like 4.0 where the system transfer became available, could I do the 3DS transfer to the Current witch, then copy user/save data from current switch to older switch? My only thought is that the older switch will require a firmware update to make the system transfer as well....anyone know if thats true?
Switches that you're migrating user data to/from need to be on the same version, yeah

hyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My question wasn't answered. Do i need Japanese tetris game????? cause it says it was needed for modding.

It is needed as there is probably an exploit you can do to run homebrew. One method of getting homebrew on the Wii was with a lego Indiana Jones game, by exploiting the 'make your own lego man' section. I believe it will be like that on the switch. I hope this helps!

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is needed as there is probably an exploit you can do to run homebrew. One method of getting homebrew on the Wii was with a lego Indiana Jones game, by exploiting the 'make your own lego man' section. I believe it will be like that on the switch. I hope this helps!
or like twilight princess. talking to npc does it

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question wasn't answered. Do i need Japanese tetris game????? cause it says it was needed for modding.
It's needed only if you're on 1.0.0, but it might not be for much longer. It was needed to load the web browser, but there was an exploit discovered in the news applet that does the same thing

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all! Got a switch 3 weeks ago and I want to hack it, but I don't know it's version. When I try to check it in system>console, it says "update is ready" instead of my version

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! Got a switch 3 weeks ago and I want to hack it, but I don't know it's version. When I try to check it in system>console, it says "update is ready" instead of my version
When booting, hold both volume buttons down, then when the recovery menu pops up select the option to exit it. That will reboot your console and the downloaded update will be deleted

shinyrocara98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey i was away 4 months and want to ASK: is there Switch Hacking available now ? (Not PegaSwitch)

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

HMM2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to luck into buying an extra Switch on 2.0.0 for 107 GBP. I also have a launch copy of Pokken Tournamnt Deluxe with a serial number ending in 000 which I believe contains firmware 3.0.0. Is that correct? If so should I upgrade to 3.0.0? I believe I will be able to access the homebrew launcher now but will it make things more difficult regarding CFW down the line?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to luck into buying an extra Switch on 2.0.0 for 107 GBP. I also have a launch copy of Pokken Tournamnt Deluxe with a serial number ending in 000 which I believe contains firmware 3.0.0. Is that correct? If so should I upgrade to 3.0.0? I believe I will be able to access the homebrew launcher now but will it make things more difficult regarding CFW down the line?
Iirc it won't make installing cfw any harder if your on 3.0.0. also yes, you will be able to launch homebrew

Reactions: HMM2
D

Deleted User

Would the CFW installation process for 4.X be the same as 5.X when FG goes live this summer?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find the Switch BFRES format specs?

I was able to find the Wii U BFRES specs here: http://mk8.tockdom.com/wiki/BFRES_(File_Format)
However, I heard the Switch version is different, but I can't find anything. Anyone know where I can find the specs for the Switch version?
I don't know. I would make a separate thread on that because the people who would know are more likely to see it
Would the CFW installation process for 4.X be the same as 5.X when FG goes live this summer?
When cfw first launches, the cfw installation will be the same. You will need to do a simple hardmod on both 4.x and 5.x. however, there will be a software solution for 4.x eventually, and there's no guarantee that 5.x will have one

Last edited by APartOfMe,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak: Press that and then select wii games