Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I got it second hand. It was factory reset. If it somehow matters its a neon red/blue switch.
If its throwing that error code even after a factory reset, it might be worth a shot to rebuild the NAND. Use ChoiDujour for this purpose. The keys in that guide can be obtained with Lockpick_RCM. And if you have any issues launching CFW at the end, try launching ReiNX instead of what the guide recommends. And the type of Switch does not make a difference assuming it is not patched.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I please get some help back when I first installed blood-stained ritual of the night I used check point and Kefir yo make the game work but it deleted all my saves. Yes I did back them up but how do I restore them to the default account now? I need help I had hours of gmae play in all my saves but now I don't know how to restore it. How can I restore the save from 2 account to another? Did I screw up and all can't be restored? Before I used Kefir I backed up all the saves from my account and all my games but I have 2 save files when I go to try restore it and it doesn't work. I really need help getting my progress and saves rwdtored

Sekiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys for the replies. As this whole Switch is still in infancy for me, I gotta ask again...
1. I've seen Aliexpress sell some RCM loaders? Is this something I need or is this "RCM jig?" is enought to do what I need?
2. Do I need to always load the CFW (from SD/PC/RCM?) to boot into it or it works just like old iOS jailbreaks (untethered) so you can boot right into it?
3. And is there any site here or somewhere else that has everything about Switch CFW/JB tha basically lists all those Kefri(?), RCM(?), NANDs etc. as a list like Q/A type of list. That would help me at least to get to know to all of these names and what not.
4. Anyone here with the new revised Switch v2 (red box) version that is unpatched? Just wondering since this is the one I am planning to get.

Thanks in advance. Cheers! :yay:

Last edited by Sekiro,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you guys for the replies. As this whole Switch is still in infancy for me, I gotta ask again...
1. I've seen Aliexpress sell some RCM loaders? Is this something I need or is this "RCM jig?" is enought to do what I need?
2. Do I need to always load the CFW (from SD/PC/RCM?) to boot into it or it works just like old iOS jailbreaks (untethered) so you can boot right into it?
3. And is there any site here or somewhere else that has everything about Switch CFW/JB tha basically lists all those Kefri(?), RCM(?), NANDs etc. as a list like Q/A type of list. That would help me at least to get to know to all of these names and what not.
4. Anyone here with the new revised Switch v2 (red box) version that is unpatched? Just wondering since this is the one I am planning to get.

Thanks in advance. Cheers! :yay:
1) That are RCM payload injectors. You can use them on the go instead of injecting payloads with a computer or smartphone.
2) You always need to insert the jig and inject the payload somehow. To automate the jig, you can install autoRCM. To automate the payload injection, you can install a mod chip.
3) Google for them. There are explanations everywhere.
4) They will be patched.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can i have more info ? I check online but im still confused
Inject Hekate -> Tools -> Enable AutoRCM.
To update the firmware of your switch: Get the firmware files from google and put them in a folder called "firmware" on your micro sd card. In addition, you need ChoiDujourNX nro file in your "switch" folder. Boot to CFW, launch homebrew menu and update with ChoiDujourNX. Also ChoiDujourNX will enable AutoRCM by default (if your switch is unpatched), so you don't have to install it with Hekate.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,
Reactions: Epps

Epps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What error were you getting in OFW?

1. Yes
  2. If you want to maintain a clean NAND backup, then yes. Otherwise, it is optional
  3. Yes
  4. I would create a NAND dump after registering the account but I do not see the point in performing a factory reset

Thanks.

1. As Nintendo knows that I’m on 6.20 do i have to do the official upgrade or can I use a Homebrew method before going online?

2. If I use a Homebrew method of updating to 8.10 and want to keep my option of downgrading to 6.20 in future will I need to put my Switch into AutoRCM.

3. I assume the only reason to keep 6.20 is for future vulnerabilities in that firmware.

Sorry to ask many questions.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
can I delete the firmware files from my SD once I've updated with choiNX?
Yes.

Thanks.

1. As Nintendo knows that I’m on 6.20 do i have to do the official upgrade or can I use a Homebrew method before going online?

2. If I use a Homebrew method of updating to 8.10 and want to keep my option of downgrading to 6.20 in future will I need to put my Switch into AutoRCM.

3. I assume the only reason to keep 6.20 is for future vulnerabilities in that firmware.

Sorry to ask many questions.
1) Don't go online if your NAND is dirty.
2) ChoiDujourNX will enable autoRCM by default.
3) If you update with ChoiDujourNX and don't disable autoRCM during the installation process, you can always go back to 6.2.0 without the need of a custom boot loader.

Reactions: fatherjack and Epps

rubinorosso93

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To update the firmware of your switch: Get the firmware files from google and put them in a folder called "firmware" on your micro sd card. In addition, you need ChoiDujourNX nro file in your "switch" folder. Boot to CFW, launch homebrew menu and update with ChoiDujourNX. Also ChoiDujourNX will enable AutoRCM by default (if your switch is unpatched), so you don't have to install it with Hekate.
Really ty, there is any risk or thing i need be careful? I rember u im noob

Epps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If we use ChoiDujourNX to update firmware and then go online does Ninty recognise the use of ChoiDujourNX and ban the console?

Epps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.

1) Don't go online if your NAND is dirty.
2) ChoiDujourNX will enable autoRCM by default.
3) If you update with ChoiDujourNX and don't disable autoRCM during the installation process, you can always go back to 6.2.0 without the need of a custom boot loader.

Thanks pLaYeR, I have a clean NAND at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbqh0vXaRLw