Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Successfully using home-brew now with atmosphere which is really cool, but what I'm after is to play that new Zelda asap.

Will I be using SX OS for this and is there anything else that is worth a try?

Also, SX OS with argon on my microSD has a 'BOOT.DAT?' error after initializing.

I've downloaded boot.dat and payload.bin but need to know where to place them in my microSD.

Thank you.

Tomsa00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey everyone,
I'm new to switch cfw-s, I have ReinX installed on my switch and I'm trying to get some mods working with Skyrim.
I saw that most topics about this claim that LayerdFS, the tool used to mod the game, works well with Athmosphere but doesn't work with ReinX, however these posts were all from 2018.
I also tried following this guide, but without success - I don't have checkmarks near my .kip files: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-reinx-work-with-layeredfs-and-mods-including-qlaunch.518947/ (it's one of the worst written tutorials i've ever seen)

Can anyone troubleshoot me on this? Did you manage to get LayeredFS working on ReinX?
Do I have to change my OS to atmosphere? if yes, how do I do that?

Thanks!

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to run xci and nap files on my modded switch with firmware version 9.0.0

Does SX OS even work on version 9.0.0?

If not how am I to play the new Zelda, can you please recommend a way?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to run xci and nap files on my modded switch with firmware version 9.0.0

Does SX OS even work on version 9.0.0?

If not how am I to play the new Zelda, can you please recommend a way?

I know close to nothing about switch stuff, but based on what I've read, there hasn't been an update to offer 9.0.0 with sx os, so you'd have to use atmosphere 'til then. no idea if that's a big undertaking just for one game.

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know close to nothing about switch stuff, but based on what I've read, there hasn't been an update to offer 9.0.0 with sx os, so you'd have to use atmosphere 'til then. no idea if that's a big undertaking just for one game.

Atmosphere cannot run xci and nap files just home-brew only am I right?

Going to try the way of Gold Leaf and Tinfoil home-brews to view images.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Any idea what else could I try? Its the one problem I have thats keeping me from playing anything lol
Did you also try the sigpatches from the sigpatches thread? People write there that the jonnies patches works fine for them if they boot with hekate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Atmosphere cannot run xci and nap files just home-brew only am I right?

Going to try the way of Gold Leaf and Tinfoil home-brews to view images.
Atmosphere is able to install and load NSPs. But it can’t mount XCI like SX OS.

Reactions: kruptah

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also try the sigpatches from the sigpatches thread? People write there that the jonnies patches works fine for them if they boot with hekate.

Yeah I tried those. Dropped them inside atmosphere folder and still get error invalis NCA(4518). Might be missing sigpatches or a too low firmware. Lol I had never had so many damn problems with a jailbroken console. This is crazy man..

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Will have to inquire about loading NSP's with atmosphere, can you give me a quick run down and maybe recommend an easy xci to nap convertor for OS X?

Thanks.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah I tried those. Dropped them inside atmosphere folder and still get error invalis NCA(4518). Might be missing sigpatches or a too low firmware. Lol I had never had so many damn problems with a jailbroken console. This is crazy man..
You use the latest goldleaf version?

Will have to inquire about loading NSP's with atmosphere, can you give me a quick run down and maybe recommend an easy xci to nap convertor for OS X?

Thanks.
4NXCI.

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the EMUMMC partition of my microSD card for?

Noticed it was there initially after setting up, but after completing my way through the set up process via guide the EMUMMC was no longer available.

Just reformatted my microSD and wondering if I need to be copying anything from my initial setups home directory that I have saved?

Thanks.

ElfenToola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where to ask this but will SD card speed effect framerates based on speed? Is a card marked Micro SDXC I, U1, and (10) work well with installed NSPs?

I wanted a larger card. My old card was SDXCI, U3, and v30. I just want to know if there'll be a visible difference anywhere besides loading times. I do know the new one is a bit slower but if it doesnt effect performance in game I dont mind.

Last edited by ElfenToola,

Tomsa00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Not sure where to ask this but will SD card speed effect framerates based on speed? Is a card marked Micro SDXC I, U1, and (10) work well with installed NSPs?

I wanted a larger card. My old card was SDXCI, U3, and v30. I just want to know if there'll be a visible difference anywhere besides loading times. I do know the new one is a bit slower but if it doesnt effect performance in game I dont mind.
Games are ran from the switch's RAM, loaded from the SD card. Slower card speeds affects loading times, but not framerates.

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PLEASE ADVISE

Just ran Goldleaf and installed some nsp files to my SD card and they both now show in with my games, but will not launch as they require a download that won't initialize.

With my Switch having a firmware version of 9.0.0 is there anything I can use that supports piracy?

It would seem ReiNX and SXOS do not support version 9.0.0 yet so I'm under the impression I cannot play any xci or nsp files, correct?

Thanks in advance...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE ADVISE

Just ran Goldleaf and installed some nsp files to my SD card and they both now show in with my games, but will not launch as they require a download that won't initialize.

With my Switch having a firmware version of 9.0.0 is there anything I can use that supports piracy?

It would seem ReiNX and SXOS do not support version 9.0.0 yet so I'm under the impression I cannot play any xci or nsp files, correct?

Thanks in advance...
Make sure you're using the latest signature patches. Make sure you are installing the games and not just the game updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3