Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently hacked my switch and realized that when I went to use the 90DNS method to block internet connection, I couldn’t set it up because I wasn’t already connected to a Wi-Fi. I was in airplane mode instead. I haven’t installed any games yet, only opened up the album to see what was in it. Could I connect to a Wi-Fi to set up the 90DNS without getting banned or can I just stick with airplane mode?

You can turn on exosphere and dns:mitm that are built in to Atmosphere for adequate protection straight out the gate.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

After you do this you can reboot and if there are no issues, you can safely turn off Airplane mode.

If you want to add 90DNS on top you’re more than welcome to do so.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to move a save file from emunand to sysnand if the game was never on your sysnand?

For example: I have Pokemon Legends Arceus on emunand. I want to move the save to sysnand. But the game doesn't show up in any save manager on sysnand because it was never installed there. I just want it there so I can link with Pokemon Home.

Any way around that?

I believe I had read that JKSV had added that feature but the last build I found of it definitely didn't have that feature enabled.

I still consider myself a noob so don't just take my word, but I think save files are in the internal memory meaning you would have to use cfw to do something, meaning putting your switch at risk to be banned from online.

There are some things people have been able to do without getting banned, and I don't know if save files is one of them, so I don't know on that. But personally I don't use any cfw with the regular system side.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to move a save file from emunand to sysnand if the game was never on your sysnand?

For example: I have Pokemon Legends Arceus on emunand. I want to move the save to sysnand. But the game doesn't show up in any save manager on sysnand because it was never installed there. I just want it there so I can link with Pokemon Home.

Any way around that?

I believe I had read that JKSV had added that feature but the last build I found of it definitely didn't have that feature enabled.
We had a discussion on this the other day:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/inject-a-save-without-the-game.619769/#post-9953168

I believe you can export an SVI and import that on the other switch without installing the game.

@kidkat210 said
your right but i found this
  1. Export and use SVI files to create save data for titles not installed on your system. For games that detect other game saves to unlock content.
    • SVI files are simply the title ID, NACP, and icon packed into a file. Placing them in JKSV/svi will load them as if they are any other game on your switch. They will appear in the save creation menus with the rest.
it was right under the one i posted from the github link

Here is @JK_ himself talking about how SVI works when he released it:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/jksv-save-manager-for-switch.516186/page-9#post-9662152

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: LittleChip

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Windsall,

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes…let’s do the entire thing and get you running with the basics.

Partition based.

Naw…don’t worry about that part. We’ll be OK. There are tools to work around that.

We will also skip the part about upgrading the Sysnand. You can find that Darthsternie guy’s Firmware. It’s the same thing. We are only interested in getting your partition based emunand back up and running on a FAT32 for,attend SDCard.
I thought I followed all the steps perfectly, but when I got to this last part:

• Select Tools then select Archive Bit - AutoRCM and pick Enable AutoRCM.
  • Turn your device off by pressing Power off.
  • Place your SD card back into your PC and move back any previously deleted files into your SD card.
  • Now, place your SD card back into your switch, and press the power button.
  • Connect your Switch to your PC, and you'll launch into Hekate.
    • Make sure TegraRcmGUI is running.
    • If you have a payload launcher, then you can skip this step.
  • Once you're in hekate, click on launch, and select Atmosphere CFW to launch into Atmosphere.
    • If you ever need to go into SysNAND without your CFW, select Launch and then select Stock SysNAND.
I get "fatal error occured when running fusee. Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3
Press power to reboot"

I didn't remove the sd card and put it back in the computer because I didn't have any items I needed to move back to the SD Card... I also noticed that my laptop wasn't able to open the sd card unless I used a microsd card reader, if that explains anything.

When I insert the microSD with the adaptor, all I see on the root of the drive is "bootloader" and "emuMMC". Can I not see the atmosphere files because that is on the hidden partition? Windows definitely sees it as FAT32.

Last edited by Ricetomeetyou,
Reactions: Cnotesdip

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I followed all the steps perfectly, but when I got to this last part:

• Select Tools then select Archive Bit - AutoRCM and pick Enable AutoRCM.
  • Turn your device off by pressing Power off.
  • Place your SD card back into your PC and move back any previously deleted files into your SD card.
  • Now, place your SD card back into your switch, and press the power button.
  • Connect your Switch to your PC, and you'll launch into Hekate.
    • Make sure TegraRcmGUI is running.
    • If you have a payload launcher, then you can skip this step.
  • Once you're in hekate, click on launch, and select Atmosphere CFW to launch into Atmosphere.
    • If you ever need to go into SysNAND without your CFW, select Launch and then select Stock SysNAND.
I get "fatal error occured when running fusee. Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3
Press power to reboot"

I didn't remove the sd card and put it back in the computer because I didn't have any items I needed to move back to the SD Card... I also noticed that my laptop wasn't able to open the sd card unless I used a microsd card reader, if that explains anything.

When I insert the microSD with the adaptor, all I see on the root of the drive is "bootloader" and "emuMMC". Can I not see the atmosphere files because that is on the hidden partition? Windows definitely sees it as FAT32.
The Atmosphere files need to be there. Go back through and pull the atmosphere.x.x.x.zip file down again and unzip,it at the root of your SDCard. You will definitely be able to see them. Also be sure to pull a copy of fusee.bin and place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin. That should get you up and running.

Reactions: Cnotesdip

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have an unpatched switch and I have a nand backup from before doing anything with cfw, etc. Recently I had left my internet on and even downloaded system updates directly from the nintendo. My question is that if I restore my old nand and play only legit without cfw, will I have a risk of ban?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unpatched switch and I have a nand backup from before doing anything with cfw, etc. Recently I had left my internet on and even downloaded system updates directly from the nintendo. My question is that if I restore my old nand and play only legit without cfw, will I have a risk of ban?
Yes, because Nintendo already has information on the state your console is currently in so if you return to a previous state by an eMMC backup, Nintendo will notice the logs don't match and potentially flag you for a ban.

Reactions: Budsixz

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Atmosphere files need to be there. Go back through and pull the atmosphere.x.x.x.zip file down again and unzip,it at the root of your SDCard. You will definitely be able to see them. Also be sure to pull a copy of fusee.bin and place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin. That should get you up and running.
Weird that the files disappeared. I redid it and am now in Atmosphere

System says Current Version: 13.2.1/AMS 1.4.0/E

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After I updated atmosphere and hekate (it was reloaded), I tried to launch emunand and it failed and just shut down (went back to rcm).

Thankfully it worked the second time i tried. But I'm just wondering if that's happened to anyone before.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird that the files disappeared.
Yeah it is…
I redid it and am now in Atmosphere

System says Current Version: 13.2.1/AMS 1.4.0/E

Awesome! So we know there’s nothing wrong with your Switch and this card is good. Now would be a good time to find the Darthsternie Firmware to upgrade your emunand to 15.0.1 using daybreak.nro (comes with Atmosphere.)
Post automatically merged:

After I updated atmosphere and hekate (it was reloaded), I tried to launch emunand and it failed and just shut down (went back to rcm).

Thankfully it worked the second time i tried. But I'm just wondering if that's happened to anyone before.
This might have something to do with your hekate_ipl.ini file settings.

Here’s the docs about the way Ninty’s OS (HOS) behaves.

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#hekate-global-configuration-keysvalues-when-entry-is-config

autohosoff=10: Disable, 1: If woke up from HOS via an RTC alarm, shows logo, then powers off

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might have something to do with your hekate_ipl.ini file settings.

Here’s the docs about the way Ninty’s OS (HOS) behaves.

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#hekate-global-configuration-keysvalues-when-entry-is-config

autohosoff=10: Disable, 1: If woke up from HOS via an RTC alarm, shows logo, then powers off

I'm not sure what to make of it. Could a setting have made it that launching emunand failed or shut off but then when i tried again it worked?

The config at top should be the default:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to make of it. Could a setting have made it that launching emunand failed or shut off but then when i tried again it worked?

The config at top should be the default:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100
When set to 1 it will look like it’s booting and then turn off.

With it set to 0 it should not have done that.

Hard to tell. Try to reboot a few more times and see if you can get some sort of repeat consistency. Otherwise you’ll have to consider it a one off.

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is…

Awesome! So we know there’s nothing wrong with your Switch and this card is good. Now would be a good time to find the Darthsternie Firmware to upgrade your emunand to 15.0.1 using daybreak.nro (comes with Atmosphere.)

Should I follow a guide like this?

Not sure if I am supposed to update the sysnand or simply put the firmware on the root of the sd and then daybreak will allow me to select it and update the emmunand

QuinnAirlinez

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello :)

Usually I used PKHeX to gen and clone Pokemon, but I've seen there's other ways to do that using Edizon etc.? I'm still reading into it, but figured I'd ask something here as well. I'm currently using Atmosphere and sysNand as well to be able to trade online on those games. Not sure if that's relevant or if it's not recommended to use cheats on sysNand

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I follow a guide like this?

Not sure if I am supposed to update the sysnand or simply put the firmware on the root of the sd and then daybreak will allow me to select it and update the emmunand

Put it in a folder and run daybreak. It will allow you to navigate to the directory of your choice.

Skinborik

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello. I need some help to use rekado with my samsung j6 plus. When I touch hekate .bin the switch stays black and it doesn't wake up hejate on switch. I have to force power off and try again and it never works. How can I fix it and use rekado with otg (mini usb). I used it with a Type C port and it works. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1