Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go. Was I doing something wrong, especially on partitioning the SD Card with only 7GB for EmuNand(EmuMMC)? As for H2Testw, I'll edit this post later with the results.
Your SDCard looks good except for that tiny partition. Unless you went out of your way to shrink you emunand partition, it should be 29G x1 FULL.

Check out this guide for more details: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by binkinator,

Livebythecoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? I’m following the idiots guide and checking if my switch is vulnerable to fusee-gelee, but upon injecting the payload 3 error messages come up:

(ERROR) uSD: failed to configure controller!

(ERROR) uSD: failed to initialise the SDMMC Driver!

(ERROR) Fatal error: Failed to initialise the SD Card!

The tegrarcmgui says “smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP and that it was successfully injected.

The console has been used as a hacked console before using SXOS and I still have the SD card with all the games on, but since my ex partner put a normal game in and updated the system firmware it hasn’t worked. Spent hours trying to work out what I needed to tweak with no luck, so thought I’d just start again.

Any help appreciated

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help? I’m following the idiots guide and checking if my switch is vulnerable to fusee-gelee, but upon injecting the payload 3 error messages come up:

(ERROR) uSD: failed to configure controller!

(ERROR) uSD: failed to initialise the SDMMC Driver!

(ERROR) Fatal error: Failed to initialise the SD Card!

The tegrarcmgui says “smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP and that it was successfully injected.

The console has been used as a hacked console before using SXOS and I still have the SD card with all the games on, but since my ex partner put a normal game in and updated the system firmware it hasn’t worked. Spent hours trying to work out what I needed to tweak with no luck, so thought I’d just start again.

Any help appreciated

0x7000 means it is unpatched.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

Reactions: Livebythecoin

Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch edition Switch on 2.0.0 firmware if I recall with SDXC update.
Do I need a RCM Loader and Jig to inject CFW and install Atmosphere?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch edition Switch on 2.0.0 firmware if I recall with SDXC update.
Do I need a RCM Loader and Jig to inject CFW and install Atmosphere?
well, you could use tegrarcm loader on your pc or Android phone, and a paperclip... or tin foil..., but basically, yes.

Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this item on Amazon that includes the Loader and Jig that looked good. Search "B0B8DYCS6X"

Do you have to use a loader (pc/android/etc) each time you boot into CFW or only once to install Atmosphere?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this item on Amazon that includes the Loader and Jig that looked good. Search "B0B8DYCS6X"

Do you have to use a loader (pc/android/etc) each time you boot into CFW or only once to install Atmosphere?
You never have to use a pc/Android if you buy that item. Lately there is a chance that item is a fake/clone, so just in case you only want hekate 6.0.0 as payload.bin on it, but have the LATEST hekate always on your sd card.

But you will be using that item and jig any time you boot from being powered off (unless you want to boot into OFW with no protections, etc).

Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that one I linked does look to be a fake/clone. Was not able to find original as it seems to be out of stock right now.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that one I linked does look to be a fake/clone. Was not able to find original as it seems to be out of stock right now.

You have to compare the fake one to a real one

20221017_011945.jpg
1665964471516.jpeg

Second photo show a real one, and top one is a comparison.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fake-rcmloader-dongles-in-the-wild.620470/

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it'll be fine. it will inject hekate 6.0 without issue, and 6.0 will automatically load /bootloader/update.bin if it's a newer version. Just don't put hekate 6.0.1 on it, or you'll likely get a black screen.

Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to use this method, do you have to perform this each time you boot system though? Or just need to inject hekate 6.0 once to install atmosphere and then can boot without after?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to use this method, do you have to perform this each time you boot system though? Or just need to inject hekate 6.0 once to install atmosphere and then can boot without after?

Everytime you hard boot meaning booting from powered off state.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a lot of fake ones on Amazon for sure. Even though they are fake, they will still "work" for their intended function though?

The Real Jdbye said that it won't update the payload on the dongle, so you are stuck with what ever payload it is on. That is what it says on the thread I linked.
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys, I have a friends switch that was previously running SX OS and earlier in the year I made the conversion from SX to Atmosphere on his and my switch. Everything was working fine and has been working fine for me since then, however his switch recently stopped booting. After selecting emummc to boot, the Atmosphere blue/purple logo shows up, the almost instantly goes to a black screen and the system hangs up and will not boot.

I have tried everything from copying everything to a new SD card, deleting Atmosphere/contents folder and putting everything back on the SD from scratch related to Atmosphere and the same issues keep happening. I have verified his .ini file etc all match mine and what I use on my switch and I cannot get his emummc to boot.

I am getting close to formatting the SD card completely and starting completely from scratch however I am trying to save his emummc with any games and saves that he had. I believe his original SD card was on its way out as it was having extremely slow transfer speeds and I noticed an "automatic backup" folder inside of the atmosphere folder that just had all corrupt text for the names of the files and I was unable to delete any of these files or folder.

I am afraid if this happened to one folder, then something could be messed up in the emummc folder preventing the system from booting.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any other advice to try? I know these black screen issues seem to typically be fixed by updating sigpatches, deleting contents folder or reinstalling Atmosphere and none of these have worked for me (trying to use his old emummc) and I am afraid I will have to blow it all away and start completely from scratch. Looking for anything I might be able to do to salvage the existing emummc or data inside of it or will we just have to bite the bullet and start from scratch?

Did it had a hidden partition emunand?

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys, I'm Back from a lot of Month and I don't remember much ;)
I have Firmware Version 9.1
Atmosphère 0.10.5
Ahkate: hekate_ctcaer_5.1.3
And installed: Atmosphere Updater 0.5.1

Is it safe to do and update with the upadater Atmosphere Updater 0.5.1 or is better do by hand like to copy file in SD folder?
Could you pls remeber me
Atmosphère I found here
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
And Akate?
Ty for help

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a similar problem here... when I updated Atmosphere, Hekate, then boot into CFW, the Nintendo Switch logo stays for a whole minute, and I can't play any games, even retail-carts because they become ''corrupted''. The only way to access HomeBrew Menu is to go to the album. And if you are asking, there are NO pirated/warez stuff on my Switch, so don't ask me about .ncp or other dumps...

Here is my hekate_ipl.ini contents -

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Something wrong? I dunno what to do...
you miss the update of sigpatches.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphère 0.10.5

Is it safe to do and update with the upadater Atmosphere Updater 0.5.1 or is better do by hand like to copy file in SD folder?
Could you pls remeber me
Atmosphère I found here
And Akate?
Ty for help
Its always better to update by hand than using an external application. You can also download the latest Hekate from here.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphère 0.10.5

Could you pls remeber me
Atmosphère I found here
And Akate?
Ty for help

The atmosphere updater no longer work, it has been archived, so update your cfw files manually.

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v6.0.1
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/1.4.0

Reactions: Baoh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1