Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we don’t need to do anything with Nintendo servers right now.

What do you mean by “re-import my user data from my un-hacked switch to this one?” What process are you using to do this?

You aren’t on a Mac by any chance, are you?
My original switch I hacked a few years ago, when I got my 2nd switch so I could have one "untainted" one, I had transferred my original data using the option in the switch, to the newer switch. My old switch still had the original version of my profile on it, I just made sure to not go online without using 90DNS while using CFW on emuNAND. I did it so I could transfer Pokemon between the 2 Switches. I use my Windows laptop (not my Mac desktop) for updating CFW and transferring games to either the Switch memory or the SD card. When I had updated atmosphere to the 1.5 and my Switch to 16 CFW, I had also updated my games to the 1.2.0 version, which apparently was causing "corrupted save files" I had received that error on the 2 games I had updated. I don't know if that is what caused the Nintendo Account error also.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original switch I hacked a few years ago, when I got my 2nd switch so I could have one "untainted" one, I had transferred my original data using the option in the switch, to the newer switch. My old switch still had the original version of my profile on it, I just made sure to not go online without using 90DNS while using CFW on emuNAND. I did it so I could transfer Pokemon between the 2 Switches. I use my Windows laptop (not my Mac desktop) for updating CFW and transferring games to either the Switch memory or the SD card. When I had updated atmosphere to the 1.5 and my Switch to 16 CFW, I had also updated my games to the 1.2.0 version, which apparently was causing "corrupted save files" I had received that error on the 2 games I had updated. I don't know if that is what caused the Nintendo Account error also.
I’ve never heard of a game update causing a Nintendo Account error. Something else had to have changed. Just have to try and figure out what it might have been.

How many games do you have installed on this Switch? Do you have game saves you want to keep as well?
Post automatically merged:

Alright, so, I recently purchased a switch from a friend that did the basic installing of custom firmware. Great, right? The world is my oyster, and despite there not being any software like tinfoil already installed, I can follow guides and go from there. Right? I was very wrong. As it turns out, I suck with instructions, especially when there's so many different possible situations. The friend I purchased it from recommended I ask questions here, as they didn't know too much about it themselves. So, here I am, hopeful that I can resolve this conundrum without much panic or messing up. I will have pictures showing what is on the switch, and If I need to provide more details, please tell me what, and how to find it, because I am apparently inept at finding basic yet important information. I know almost no terminology, I am sorry.

Basically, I am wanting to set up the entirety of a modded switch. I am wanting to be able to get tinfoil, as well as other such important software. I want to be able to connect to the internet without the risk of being banned. I won't be using the switch for normal stock play, and may only go into stock settings if required to for something, so I have little regard for that part. I want there to be little to no concern for going out and following other tutorials, and I have literally no idea how to do any of that with my lack of understanding, and unique situation. I was hoping that a guide could be made, or maybe I could be pointed in the right direction for things that work under my situation. And, maybe something that could help me understand what everything is, because I have no idea what half of this stuff does, and strangely I can never find key information about things.

The friend who modded the system already created a backup of the NAND, and I have the backup stored on my computer.

to be honest it looks like you’re pretty darn close already.

here’s the guide I typically use:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

some Installer links to get you started:

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Last edited by binkinator,

night814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got something weird going on. I switched to stock sysnand today cause I was gonna do some legit updates with Mario Kart but I didn't know there was a sys update. I went to switch back to cfw to update all that stuff before doing the v16 update but all of a sudden I can't launch the hetake payload. I tried using the newer .bin and it's all booting right back to stock sysnand. The injector says everything is fine and the payload is injected properly. Any help would be appreciated, all that's changed on my SD was dragging the fresh bootloader folder and hetake.bin to my sd and replacing.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got something weird going on. I switched to stock sysnand today cause I was gonna do some legit updates with Mario Kart but I didn't know there was a sys update. I went to switch back to cfw to update all that stuff before doing the v16 update but all of a sudden I can't launch the hetake payload. I tried using the newer .bin and it's all booting right back to stock sysnand. The injector says everything is fine and the payload is injected properly. Any help would be appreciated, all that's changed on my SD was dragging the fresh bootloader folder and hetake.bin to my sd and replacing.

Something else has changed some where. Please share the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

neontiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't forget to hit the "Quote" or "Reply" button if you want to answer a question, or else the person you're replying to won't be notified of your post. I also recommend to update your emunand. Unless you want to play online, you should probably leave your sysnand untouched. Look for darthsternie and use daybreak to update.
I've edited the original message with the quote, for some reason it wasn't included in the quick reply section on the bottom of the page. I didn't upgrade my emuNAND since it wasn't mentioned in the setup guide that I've followed, once I've figured out it was necessary I've upgraded to 16 and everything seems to be working fine in terms of applications. Of course, I don't want to touch the sysNAND, never upgraded and never connected to the Internet.

What's the mostly used method of installing XCI or NSP files through USB? I've tried awoo but only NSP files seem to be working and XCI returns different types of errors when used in conjunction with NS USB loader.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've edited the original message with the quote, for some reason it wasn't included in the quick reply section on the bottom of the page. I didn't upgrade my emuNAND since it wasn't mentioned in the setup guide that I've followed, once I've figured out it was necessary I've upgraded to 16 and everything seems to be working fine in terms of applications. Of course, I don't want to touch the sysNAND, never upgraded and never connected to the Internet.

What's the mostly used method of installing XCI or NSP files through USB? I've tried awoo but only NSP files seem to be working and XCI returns different types of errors when used in conjunction with NS USB loader.

Try DBI‘s MTP over USB. No need for NS USB Loader…just drag and drop…DBI does the rest and it’s super fast!

mikeshinoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone using browser in Switch CFW for playing in Cloud with Gamepass/GFNow/Boosteroid? Everything are OK? No lagging, problems with controls?

neontiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Try DBI‘s MTP over USB. No need for NS USB Loader…just drag and drop…DBI does the rest and it’s super fast!

Thanks a lot, but tinfoil keeps on giving 'could not start software' errors.
Does it have to do with the sigpatches?

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious a little because I have just receive a brand new OLED as birthday gift from my wife, as of now, there is no way (homebrew, overlay,...) that can help Mariko model to "reboot to payload" (r2p) directly like Erista, right?
Everytime I want to change to CFW EmuNAND and CFW SysNAND, I have to power off completely and turn it on again.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious a little because I have just receive a brand new OLED as birthday gift from my wife, as of now, there is no way (homebrew, overlay,...) that can help Mariko model to "reboot to payload" (r2p) directly like Erista, right?
Everytime I want to change to CFW EmuNAND and CFW SysNAND, I have to power off completely and turn it on again.
Correct. No reboot to payload that I’m aware of for Mariko.

Somebody went in and removed the safeguard from fastCFWSwitch homebrew but it doesn’t actually work. :-/

Thanks a lot, but tinfoil keeps on giving 'could not start software' errors.
Does it have to do with the sigpatches?
Yes, most likely.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

• Love
Reactions: marhalloweenvt

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country

Somebody went in and removed the safeguard from fastCFWSwitch homebrew but it doesn’t actually work. :-/
That's suck. Is there any homebrew or overlay that helps me in "Power Off" easily? I'm tired of holding Power button

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: marhalloweenvt

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I second DBI. Never had a problem with it. It will install anything... xci, nsp, nsz, xcz, you name it. (are there any other formats?) You can install with a backend, or with MTP, as binkinator mentioned. I actually don't have any other installer in my homebrew stuff. I just need the best one.

night814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something else has changed some where. Please share the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

[config]
autoboot=3
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[config]
autoboot=3
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
You have autoboot=3 set (which selects the third entry, which is Stock-sysMMC)
You also have bootwait=0 (which means execute the selected boot entry immediately.)

I recommend you change them to read:

autoboot=2
bootwait=1

This way it normally autoboots to the second entry (CFW - emuMMC) but flashes the Hekate boot screen and gives you one full second to press (Vol -) in order to stop the boot and drop into Hekate if you want. This is how Imset mine up…

neontiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Yes, most likely.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!
I've updated the sigpatches but the error persists.
DBI works fine although a bit slower than awoo (15 mb/s from 33-45) and some apps (mostly old ones)) that I've tried to install are installed successfully but do not open from the home menu (same error message as tinfoil)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the sigpatches but the error persists.
DBI works fine although a bit slower than awoo (15 mb/s from 33-45) and some apps (mostly old ones)) that I've tried to install are installed successfully but do not open from the home menu (same error message as tinfoil)

Please detail how you install the patches.

1) download .zip file…

night814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have autoboot=3 set (which selects the third entry, which is Stock-sysMMC)
You also have bootwait=0 (which means execute the selected boot entry immediately.)

I recommend you change them to read:

autoboot=2
bootwait=1

This way it normally autoboots to the second entry (CFW - emuMMC) but flashes the Hekate boot screen and gives you one full second to press (Vol -) in order to stop the boot and drop into Hekate if you want. This is how Imset mine up…
This worked thank you. Back in emmunand now.

So I've updated atmosphere now, should I update the emunand first then go back to stock and update ofw to 16. Or do stock first then emunand

Last edited by night814,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...