Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Foxy-trn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I have a problem launching through Hekate CFW and OFW.

I don’t have EmmuMMC. I am checking if my 128Gb card is corrupt, but I doubt it.
As for the Hekate and Atmosphere files, they are updated.
I have a copy of NAND in version 13.2.1 and 14.1.1.
When launching CFW - sysMMC and OFW - sysMMC I will get: The error will always jump: unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! Trying backup bootloader… Found pkg1 <´´>.
View attachment 367472
When launching Fuse.bin I will get:
  • 13.2.1: Invalid GPT Signature.
  • 14.1.1: Unable to identify package1!
View attachment 367473

What could be the reason? I’ve been trying to make it work for hours.
Yesterday there were no problems and the CFW was launched successfully.
He probado diferentes versiones de Atmosphere sin éxito.
I have also tried with 2 other microSD cards without success.
Could the switch’s MicroSD card reader have broken? Any ideas?

Greetings!:lol:
I have mounted Hekate emmc in read mode and with HacDiskMount in read mode I have mounted PRODINFO. But I can’t access it when mounting it, it seems corrupt at least Windows requests to format it, on the other hand with PRODINFOF I can mount it and navigate normally, is this normal? PRODINFO is INEXPRORABLE from HacDiskMount, can it be corrupt and hence the problem? Can someone try to see what happens?

I have to add to the first comment that I also have BIS_keys.txt, prod.keys, dev.keys. Hence I can decrypt with HacDiskMount.

OLED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(2) No, you have read correctly that some version increments do not require newer patches. However, the rules for this phenomenon aren't settled in stone.
That much I know. I was only referring to 16.0.2 and 1.5.2 versus 16.0.0 and 1.5.1. I know it's not set in stone. Incidentally, if everything I'm trying to do works, I'm probably not incrementing the versions on either of the First Gen Switches that I intend to keep for a LONG time (if ever).

(4) It would only considered depreciated if you cannot download it anymore or f it was broken on newer firmware versions, neither of which is the case.

This is true of GameCard Installer. Incidentally, NxDumpTool was not working for me on Firmware 16.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 (I tried both to make sure I wasn't going insane). I only used Tinfoil because the tools you were suggesting weren't working. Having had success with GameCard Installer and NxDumpTool in the past, that was my first try the second time around on the newer versions of the firmware and of Atmosphere.

Also, I work in IT. The word "deprecated" doesn't necessarily mean either that it's unavailable for download or that it's broken on newer software or firmware. It means that it is no longer recommended for use going forward. I get that may not be true of NxDumpTool. It ABSOLUTELY IS true of GameCard Installer. And incidentally, I have not had a good time getting NXDumpTool to do what I need it to do for me on the newer Switch firmware. Based on what you're telling me, I'm probably having some other problem with it.

It was even last updated a year ago which is more recent than most other commonly used homebrew apps. At any rate, everyone here recommends nxdumptool as it has a longer history for dumping game files so it's verified to work for its intended purpose. On the other hand, DZ, which is the real name of that other app (the real Tinfoil can be found here), is littered with problems. Its creator has known to stuff it with hate speech just for his amusement, not supporting builds of Atmosphere using Hekate, and changing its name to confuse the community. I am specifically telling you NOT to use it to avoid problems like those or others down the road

I've seen bashing of Atmosphere and Hekate and I've read up a little on the long-running drama therein. Incidentally, the version I downloaded EXPRESSLY supports Atmosphere, Hekate, and the current Switch firmware, all of which work just fine together. Also, the dude could change the name to Cupcake for all I cared and it wouldn't change the utility or function of the software.

If you're telling me that I'll have functional problems using this thing as it exists, then I'd love to hear more details about that!

If you're telling me that the nsp files that I'm making aren't going to work, then I'd love to hear more details about that!

Seriously!

But for now, it just sounds like it's not your (or this community's) preferred tool, which I've incidentally had problems using on the version of Atmosphere, Hekate, and the Switch's firmware that I currently have running. I do not care about nor care for the politics behind waring developers of tools nor am I trying to take sides in a war of hackers.. I'm just trying to dump games and enjoy Atmosphere on first generation Switches.

(5) I mean let that sink in. You are listening to a subreddit, not a hacking forum, full of pirates, not trusted developers.

That subreddit IS a hacking forum full of people trying to help others resolve issues. Documentation for all of this is fragmented across several different sources; otherwise I wouldn't be posting on this site.

Furthermore, "trusted developers" when talking about literal hacks designed to subvert the stock operating system into doing things it was never intended to do is...well...interesting language, to put it politely.

Most people, if not everyone, would laugh at you for considering that subreddit as a reliable source of information.

Look man, I'm just trying to get from point A to point B. I am following guides to the best of my ability and I'm Googling what isn't already apparent or coherent (again, the documentation on this is fragmented at best). If I'm dealing with a community that would laugh at me for information I'm finding from one source versus another, then clearly I'm not in the right place.

In case you don't believe me, the developer of Atmosphere who also implemented exosphere also says its not guaranteed to be safe. In his own words, "This is not known to be safe, as data may be cached elsewhere in the system. Usage is not encouraged" which can be found in the exosphere.ini file once you download Atmosphere

It's not that I don't believe you. Again, your information HAS been very helpful! But there's A LOT of information out there that is contradictory and being relatively new to this scene, I don't know enough to indicate that this site's information is any more or less knowledgable than any of the others. For what it's worth, Exosphere scares the crap out of me. 90dns will at least work, so that's literally what I've been doing across the board on anything even flirting with the idea of running Atmosphere. I was wondering if there were better things out there since there are people out there that believe that there are.

(11) I was hesitant to mention Gamecard Installer because that hasn't been updated in a very long time but as long as it still works on the current firmware, its probably the best tool to use to install cartridges directly to your system

It doesn't work on current firmware. Though, I wasn't able to get NxDumpTool to do anything for me on current firmware either. So, it's possible that my experience here may be suspect. However, I did read (DEFINITELY on these forums) that GameCard Installer is deprecated, not supported, not being updated and with the developer stating that it should no longer be used (and that was dated at least six months ago).

(12) Then abstain from using the words "Jailbreak" or "CFW" from your auction. There are ways to even just imply your console is hackable without outright stating it. As I mentioned, the word unpatched carries a lot of mileage as this is what people look for when buying a hackable unit. You can also provide the serial number as this is what is predominantly used to determine if a console is unpatched or not
That's probably what I'll do. I wasn't going to use "Jailbreak" or "CFW" in my auction. The topic of selling these things was also something I did a fair bit of looking into and reading about. And yes "V1" and "Unpatched" do carry a lot of mileage. Probably enough to be reasonable in making money back on it. What I'm not sure of is whether or not I sell the SD card ready to go along with it and if so, what do I add in the description about it. I'll mull it over a bunch. I still need to beat Luigi's Mansion on it.

Foxy-trn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have mounted Hekate emmc in read mode and with HacDiskMount in read mode I have mounted PRODINFO. But I can’t access it when mounting it, it seems corrupt at least Windows requests to format it, on the other hand with PRODINFOF I can mount it and navigate normally, is this normal? PRODINFO is INEXPRORABLE from HacDiskMount, can it be corrupt and hence the problem? Can someone try to see what happens?

I have to add to the first comment that I also have BIS_keys.txt, prod.keys, dev.keys. Hence I can decrypt with HacDiskMount.
Today I felt like trying to rebuild a Nand from scratch, it seems to have worked, now I’m running version 14.1.1. If anyone has something similar happen to them, they should perform an MMC Reconstruction. But what could have happened? Did it get corrupted because of using CFW - sysMMC?

OLED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I felt like trying to rebuild a Nand from scratch, it seems to have worked, now I’m running version 14.1.1. If anyone has something similar happen to them, they should perform an MMC Reconstruction. But what could have happened? Did it get corrupted because of using CFW - sysMMC?
What were you on before? I don't have answers. I'm just curious as to your situation and whatever resolution folks come up with for it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen bashing of Atmosphere and Hekate and I've read up a little on the long-running drama therein. Incidentally, the version I downloaded EXPRESSLY supports Atmosphere, Hekate, and the current Switch firmware, all of which work just fine together. Also, the dude could change the name to Cupcake for all I cared and it wouldn't change the utility or function of the software.

If you're telling me that I'll have functional problems using this thing as it exists, then I'd love to hear more details about that!

If you're telling me that the nsp files that I'm making aren't going to work, then I'd love to hear more details about that!

Seriously!

But for now, it just sounds like it's not your (or this community's) preferred tool, which I've incidentally had problems using on the version of Atmosphere, Hekate, and the Switch's firmware that I currently have running. I do not care about nor care for the politics behind waring developers of tools nor am I trying to take sides in a war of hackers.. I'm just trying to dump games and enjoy Atmosphere on first generation Switches.
Then allow me to put it another way. This is a tool that isn't known or used for its dumping functionality. There have been plenty of other homebrew apps before and after that have been used to dump game files. Honestly speaking, I didn't even know it could dump files but it doesn't seem that surprising in retrospect. As a comparison, its like somebody asking if they should use a machete to cut grass. Sure, it can technically cut grass but that isn't what it was originally designed for. And while there may not be immediate consequences, there's no telling what will happen down the road. So in the good conscious of me serving as tech support in this scene since its inception, I cannot recommend using DZ to dump files.
That subreddit IS a hacking forum full of people trying to help others resolve issues. Documentation for all of this is fragmented across several different sources; otherwise I wouldn't be posting on this site.

Furthermore, "trusted developers" when talking about literal hacks designed to subvert the stock operating system into doing things it was never intended to do is...well...interesting language, to put it politely.
The "trusted developers" are the people who made the tools so I think they know more about the ins and outs than random people on the Internet. I don't see SciresM or CTCaer posting on reddit. And most of what I learned have come from developers like them rather than noobs. When it comes to piracy, I will grant you that they may be more knowledgeable although that's more likely due to the fact that most developers stay away from piracy. But everything else concerning hacking originates from this site and then goes through the horrible game of Telephone when it reaches other places like YouTube or reddit.
It's not that I don't believe you. Again, your information HAS been very helpful! But there's A LOT of information out there that is contradictory and being relatively new to this scene, I don't know enough to indicate that this site's information is any more or less knowledgable than any of the others. For what it's worth, Exosphere scares the crap out of me. 90dns will at least work, so that's literally what I've been doing across the board on anything even flirting with the idea of running Atmosphere. I was wondering if there were better things out there since there are people out there that believe that there are.
My honest opinion is that they all suck whether its 90DNS, Incognito, or even Airplane Mode. They are touted as "anti-ban tools" but that couldn't be farther from the truth. They don't prevent bans, they delay them. Not connecting to Nintendo doesn't mean you're preventing a ban, you're delaying the inevitable. Keep in mind some of these tools predate the existence of emuMMC so they were nearly functionally useless. Their only caveat is the ability to use Internet without worrying about a ban however most people weren't using them for that purpose and were surprised when they still ended up being banned. If you don't want to connect to Nintendo, just delete the Wi-Fi settings. You can't get banned if you can't go online.
It doesn't work on current firmware. Though, I wasn't able to get NxDumpTool to do anything for me on current firmware either. So, it's possible that my experience here may be suspect. However, I did read (DEFINITELY on these forums) that GameCard Installer is deprecated, not supported, not being updated and with the developer stating that it should no longer be used (and that was dated at least six months ago).
If you're having issues with nxdumptool, then I can recommend trying DBI. I have seen some people use and have success with this tool not just as a dumper but for its primary function for installing files. Although I don't know if it supports installing from cartridges off the top of my head, it definitely works on newer firmware versions.
That's probably what I'll do. I wasn't going to use "Jailbreak" or "CFW" in my auction. The topic of selling these things was also something I did a fair bit of looking into and reading about. And yes "V1" and "Unpatched" do carry a lot of mileage. Probably enough to be reasonable in making money back on it. What I'm not sure of is whether or not I sell the SD card ready to go along with it and if so, what do I add in the description about it. I'll mull it over a bunch. I still need to beat Luigi's Mansion on it.
The problem is you cannot mention what's on the SD card without using terms such as "CFW" or "homebrew" which is what probably what eBay wants to avoid. Its also just an SD card; they are not hard to come by nowadays. A jig is recommended to hack Switch consoles and people usually end up buying that separately. Having the buyer purchase their own SD card and set it up is a non-issue. In fact, it will help them learn how to setup CFW in the event they run into an issue. I'm seeing more and more people experiencing problems on their hacked devices that were setup by a third-party.

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks like french, but it's not quite it. "c'est sauvegarde de jeux". :rolleyes: I don't want to play a grammar nazi, but come on!
I would like in the future to be able to save my games when I reinstall the new updates I prefer to recreate a new emunand

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is French.
Thanks, but I can recognize the language since I speak it. ;) I was just hinting that the syntax was terrible (c'est instead of ses)
I would like in the future to be able to save my games when I reinstall the new updates I prefer to recreate a new emunand
There are tools to backup your saves in a safe place. Have a read here.

Reactions: Hayato213

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
as stated above you can use JKSV to save your gamesaves, besides, you don't need to remove your games nor gamesaves at update, if you use Daybreak you have an option for keep settings.

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sd card is extant but installed his driver supports fat 32 failed to launch hos?

when i load hekate i get the above error
i tried to update and its not booting now
what do i do?

Ernestino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have problem starting switch in SYS CFW:
Panic occurred while running Atmosphere
Title ID: 010000000000002B
error: std::abort (0xFFE)

OFW and EMUMMC CFW working normal
FW 16.0.2
Latest HATS pack
Picofly chip
Before Picofly install console was reset to stock settings and updated.

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
JUST A QUICK QUESTION:
Been using emuMMC for the nonlegit stuff and decided to boot sysCFW for legit online play. downloaded unite,strikers and NSO apps, but it went to SD CARD!

Should I be worried? i already transferred it back to internal 64gb but i also have this folder in sd card(plug to pc)?

Attachments

• image_2023-04-29_214846879.png
    image_2023-04-29_214846879.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image_2023-04-29_214855291.png
    image_2023-04-29_214855291.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 24

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I live in India and there is a shop that is able to install Sx Core chip on my OLED switch.

Is there a risk doing it ? Is this a bad idea ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...