Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

OLED-N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi All,
I need some help. as my name suggest I am a complete n00b. and happy to be laughed at.

I just got my launch OLED Switch modded with a chip. Starting to get into the scene, i have some really dumb questions.

1. My tinfoil looks nothing like others or tutorials that i have seen. I do not have a new games tab and only shows my games that are installed.

People are saying to make sure my date and time is right, does my Tinfoil, need to match to my region? as my region is US and change it to my region nothing changes?

I want to know am i doing something wrong?

2. I installed a game, and the game told me to launch the installed it told me to sign into the eShop before i can run it and because well its a modded so that wont work.

All my cartridge dumbs seem to work with no issues.

Please if someone can give me any help that would be great.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,
I need some help. as my name suggest I am a complete n00b. and happy to be laughed at.

I just got my launch OLED Switch modded with a chip. Starting to get into the scene, i have some really dumb questions.

1. My tinfoil looks nothing like others or tutorials that i have seen. I do not have a new games tab and only shows my games that are installed.

People are saying to make sure my date and time is right, does my Tinfoil, need to match to my region? as my region is US and change it to my region nothing changes?

I want to know am i doing something wrong?

2. I installed a game, and the game told me to launch the installed it told me to sign into the eShop before i can run it and because well its a modded so that wont work.

All my cartridge dumbs seem to work with no issues.

Please if someone can give me any help that would be great.
The pics (or vids) of tinfoil you may have seen were probably showing it accessing some shops. You have to subscribe to these special shops to access the content. From what I read, it's not that easy nowadays. There's a recent thread here about it. It might be easier for you to just hunt down the games you want to download on regular good old warez sites. They're not too hard to find. Then you just install the nsp files to your Switch with tinfoil via USB. I personally prefer using DBI for that task.

CATSOFT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello All. I need some help from someone with more experience.

I got a new OLED Switch and a mod chip. It's the HWFLY RP2040 from Aliexpress. The installation is perfect, don't want to brag, but I am an electronics guy, repair stuff and have good tools and knowledge. No bodged wires, I used the flex cables, but it is my first install. After soldering and assembly, booted into Hekate no problem, made backup, made Athmoshpere, created emuMMC, updated CFW firmware to latest, because console was on 14xx something, all seemed well. But after everything was done I saw some space missing on the 256GB card. Hekate partitioned the card with 2 64GB emuMMC partitions and the rest for normal SD. So I had CFW emuMMC and CFW sysMMC.
Then I wanted to boot into OFW, but all I got was black screen after the logo, tried several times. EmuMMC works ok, but OFW not. Then I got in Hekate slow EMMC, so I searched online and it seems that HWFLY has some issues with EMMC on OLED models, especially Hynix EMMC like I have. So my EMMC got corrupted, I did a restore from the backup but still OFW not working. I removed the flex cables from the modchip and booted ok into OFW, updated to the latest 16.0.3, put the modchip back, OFW not working, now I get error code 2002-3539, but benchmark's on eMMC are above 300MiB/s.
So what is there to do? Also, why did Hekate made 2 partitions? Also I cant boot into CFW sysMMC.
Post automatically merged:

Fixed the problem with OFW not starting, rerouted the DAT0 cable, found a post here, thanks carbncl!
Now why do I have 2 partitions on my SD card CFW emuMMC and CFW sysMMC?

Last edited by CATSOFT,

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to re ask the question but I didn't get an answer. After this time, I will stop being a nuisance and won't ask again.

I am accessing the files via Tegra memloader and sometimes DBI. In both cases my PC gives me an error that it can't delete files but when I refresh, they are in fact gone.

Is this a sign the SD is corrupt? Or what should I do? Everything works fine still.

"...could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

But after I press cancel or Skip, the files are still gone after I refresh. I am jut worried that if it is corrupt problems will get worse over time. So I need to know if I must buy a new SD card.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to re ask the question but I didn't get an answer. After this time, I will stop being a nuisance and won't ask again.

I am accessing the files via Tegra memloader and sometimes DBI. In both cases my PC gives me an error that it can't delete files but when I refresh, they are in fact gone.

Is this a sign the SD is corrupt? Or what should I do? Everything works fine still.

"...could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

But after I press cancel or Skip, the files are still gone after I refresh. I am jut worried that if it is corrupt problems will get worse over time. So I need to know if I must buy a new SD card.
Are you using FAT32 or exFAT? If exFAT, there is a chance of corruption. Only way to find out is to test your SD card. You could use this.

Reactions: baobao43

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
After hours of scouring for a not detected cheats in ediZon - solution (build id, program id, file location etc) APPARENTLY pokemon sword and MH rise has wrong and the same Build ID. How to fix this?

Ravebp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello guys. Please help me out.
I bought my switch already modded. Recently tried to sideload some games. Dbi fails say old cfw. Want upgrade but could not find the solution or I do not feel confident with the answers.
I don't even know what type of mod do I have. I use a payload. Bin to start. I have tinfoil, system says cfw is 10.0.0|neu 0.11.1|S
Sometime the console freezes out than I see firmware:neutos. 0.11.1

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. Please help me out.
I bought my switch already modded. Recently tried to sideload some games. Dbi fails say old cfw. Want upgrade but could not find the solution or I do not feel confident with the answers.
I don't even know what type of mod do I have. I use a payload. Bin to start. I have tinfoil, system says cfw is 10.0.0|neu 0.11.1|S
Sometime the console freezes out than I see firmware:neutos. 0.11.1

You are on old firmware, latest firmware is 16.0.3

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using FAT32 or exFAT? If exFAT, there is a chance of corruption. Only way to find out is to test your SD card. You could use this.
Thank you very much. Yes, it turned out to be corrupt. Can I just buy a new SD card and do a fresh install of hektate and atmosphere? I know I could save some of the files but I wanted to start from scratch as I forget some of the changes I have made and want everything fresh. I can just follow the rentry guide on a new sd right?

Like hypothetically, if I erased everything from the corrupt SD card then reinstalled Atmosphere, hektate, sigpatches and fusee, it would be totally back to fresh cfw?

Last edited by baobao43,

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. Yes, it turned out to be corrupt. Can I just buy a new SD card and do a fresh install of hektate and atmosphere? I know I could save some of the files but I wanted to start from scratch as I forget some of the changes I have made and want everything fresh. I can just follow the rentry guide on a new sd right?

Like hypothetically, if I erased everything from the corrupt SD card then reinstalled Atmosphere, hektate, sigpatches and fusee, it would be totally back to fresh cfw?
Well if...
I erased everything from the corrupt SD card then reinstalled Atmosphere, hektate, sigpatches and fusee
it would depend, are you reinstalling to the corrupt sd card (probably not) or a new one,
because if you did it on the new one yes it would start from scratch,
but if you wanted to do it on the corrupted one it would still not work (me being captain obvious over here)

Reactions: baobao43

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if...

it would depend, are you reinstalling to the corrupt sd card (probably not) or a new one,
because if you did it on the new one yes it would start from scratch,
but if you wanted to do it on the corrupted one it would still not work (me being captain obvious over here)
Yea, I meant a new one with nothing on it lol. Just wasn't sure if there are some files I had to carry over or something. I think I will do that now before SD card gets worse. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by baobao43,

hobojester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of NSP's. I want to compress them to NSZ. SAK needs prod.keys file.

Can I download a "complete" prod.keys file anywhere and plug it into SAK to start compressing my local NSP collection? (if yes, can anyone shoot me a hint on where a good, current prod.keys file is?)

Or is the prod.keys file tied to the physical switch?

THANK YOU!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)