KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
The guide to follow if you want that desired conclusion is the rentry guide. The other guides, although useful, don't cover the important step of installing sigpatches, probably because they have a policy of no piracy. It doesn't hurt to read different guides, but ultimately, follow the guide I mentioned.
Thanks, never had this much trouble with anything before (I've setup my Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, etc... and this was by far the worst experience).

That guide looks like the right starting point but I'm a bit paranoid since once things started going wrong nothing seemed to work correctly. I was thinking of moving over the games onto the card beforehand, in which case I'd have to split them, but that would at least remove the possibility of a USB transfer error (which I was getting sometimes but it was so consistent in what worked and didn't work it made me doubt that was the actual issue).

Is that advisable and if so any particular way I should split them and verify the games or what have you? I just do not want a repeat of what was a pretty horrible experience where I'm still not sure what, or how many things went wrong. Trying to limit the variables as much as possible.

Thanks so much for the help!

Last edited by KrAzY3,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, never had this much trouble with anything before (I've setup my Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, etc... and this was by far the worst experience.

That guide looks like the right starting point but I'm a bit paranoid since once things started going wrong nothing seemed to work correctly. I was thinking of moving over the games onto the card beforehand, in which case I'd have to split them, but that would at least remove the possibility of a USB transfer error (which I was getting sometimes but it was so consistent in what worked and didn't work it made me doubt that was the actual issue).

Is that advisable and if so any particular way I should split them and verify the games or what have you? I just do not want a repeat of what was a pretty horrible experience where I'm still not sure what, or how many things went wrong. Trying to limit the variables as much as possible.

Thanks so much for the help!
You should definitely try to fix the USB transfer issues, if you have any. Splitting the nsp (or nsz) files and copying them to the SD card to later install them is too much of a hassle to even consider. USB installing is pretty straight forward. The easiest way is DBI with MTP responder. Your PC should recognize the Switch instantly, then it's just drag'n drop. Try it and see how it goes.

Reactions: KrAzY3

KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
You should definitely try to fix the USB transfer issues, if you have any. Splitting the nsp (or nsz) files and copying them to the SD card to later install them is too much of a hassle to even consider. USB installing is pretty straight forward. The easiest way is DBI with MTP responder. Your PC should recognize the Switch instantly, then it's just drag'n drop. Try it and see how it goes.
I thought it would be, but when I was using Awoo I got USB transfer errors but not based on file size or what have you, just some games it ALWAYS gave that error and some it never gave the error. It felt like it was may be something else but heck if I know what (I kind of assume it was related to sigs but then why would the thing say it was a USB error?).

I mean... I tried over a dozen games. Only 3 transferred correctly or said they did (and I replicated it, so they transferred ok the second time to) and it wasn't just the smallest ones, it was just the same ones. The ones that failed always failed at the same point and that ones that transferred ok always transferred ok.

But at this point if I knew splitting was going to work that sounds like heaven compared to trying over and over to transfer things via USB only to always get an error.

Edit: I would add that I did try to use the USB transfer thing that came via the instructions I followed,, but that just gave me a mess of empty folders I couldn't navigate.

Last edited by KrAzY3,
Reactions: testing123

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought it would be, but when I was using Awoo I got USB transfer errors but not based on file size or what have you, just some games it ALWAYS gave that error and some it never gave the error. It felt like it was may be something else but heck if I know what (I kind of assume it was related to sigs but then why would the thing say it was a USB error?).

I mean... I tried over a dozen games. Only 3 transferred correctly or said they did (and I replicated it, so they transferred ok the second time to) and it wasn't just the smallest ones, it was just the same ones. The ones that failed always failed at the same point and that ones that transferred ok always transferred ok.

But at this point if I knew splitting was going to work that sounds like heaven compared to trying over and over to transfer things via USB only to always get an error.

Edit: I would add that I did try to use the USB transfer thing that came via the instructions I followed,, but that just gave me a mess of empty folders I couldn't navigate.
That's probably the origin of your problems, using AWOO. My advice... don't! Use DBI. Check these instructions to USB install your games. Basically, you just drag'n drop your nsp (or nsz) files into the MicroSD Install folder. Nothing too complicated.

Skyetendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would highly recommend you to stop using TegraRCMGUI. Its very buggy and inferior to the original program it was based off of. I advise you to try using TegraRCMSmash instead as its what I use and I never have any issues while using it.
I tried using TegraRCMSmash as well. Still didn't work. I would've tried one of those Android payload injectors because someone suggested that to me, but I don't have an Android. Regardless, I still tried using TegraRCMSmash again, using the link you sent, but Zadig can't even find a device called "APX," and it doesn't show up in Device Manager either.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
V1 switch with trinket with some issues (https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...e-files-support.508068/page-202#post-10215407)

But now for some reason I get the no battry icon on the screen and screen turns off. If I press the home button screen comes back as normal then about a minute later happens again. There is at least 70% battery life left. Plugging in power resolves solution for now. Is there a way to calibrate the battery?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V1 switch with trinket with some issues (https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...e-files-support.508068/page-202#post-10215407)

But now for some reason I get the no battry icon on the screen and screen turns off. If I press the home button screen comes back as normal then about a minute later happens again. There is at least 70% battery life left. Plugging in power resolves solution for now. Is there a way to calibrate the battery?

To recalibrate, fully charge the battery , let it sit plug in for two hours when fully charged then discharge it to few percent then recharge.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that also. Better to get your own files anyways, to get the newest of all things you use/ need, from github or other sites that are updated.
So is Atmosphere v1.5.4 fairly safe then? How should I go about installing just Atmosphere? I'm accustomed to downloading the whole SD Setup and deleting everything on my card except for installed games directories. Do I just delete the Atmosphere folder and drop the new files in?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is Atmosphere v1.5.4 fairly safe then? How should I go about installing just Atmosphere? I'm accustomed to downloading the whole SD Setup and deleting everything on my card except for installed games directories. Do I just delete the Atmosphere folder and drop the new files in?

Safe to use, it is the latest build.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I please get some assistance about getting back into sysnand and/or parental control time limits?

I have my switch hacked. I need to set a time limit. I can't use the parental control app on a hacked switch.

I heard there's a way to set a time limit in the sysnand menu.

Is there an easy way to do this? I don't have my jig with me to reset the switch.

Thanks in advance!

94000130_FFF70000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i'm brand spanking new know-nothing to switch hacking and also generally kind of an idiot prone to overlooking the obvious. Long story short, if I wanted to copy a save from a game on one Switch and then play it on a different nintendo account profile on another Switch (both are unpatched), how the actual heck would I go about doing this? There's a lot of acronyms and shorthand and such getting thrown around that I'm not familiar with in the guides I look at, and I worry I'd miss something that's allegedly obvious if I were to actually make an attempt. My eyes just kind of glaze over... can someone give me a step-by-step set of things that would need to be done?

Are not-modified-at-all game save files originating from other users detectable by Nintendo for ban purposes, for example? The game has no online content afaik.

(I'm not actually sure if I'd go through with it even if it is fine, I'm just beyond frustrated by the possibility of having to put in hundreds of hours of solo grinding all over again, I might end up just not playing the game in question ever again instead, which is stupid and shitty because THANKS NINTENDO)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i'm brand spanking new know-nothing to switch hacking and also generally kind of an idiot prone to overlooking the obvious. Long story short, if I wanted to copy a save from a game on one Switch and then play it on a different nintendo account profile on another Switch (both are unpatched), how the actual heck would I go about doing this? There's a lot of acronyms and shorthand and such getting thrown around that I'm not familiar with in the guides I look at, and I worry I'd miss something that's allegedly obvious if I were to actually make an attempt. My eyes just kind of glaze over... can someone give me a step-by-step set of things that would need to be done?

Are not-modified-at-all game save files originating from other users detectable by Nintendo for ban purposes, for example? The game has no online content afaik.

(I'm not actually sure if I'd go through with it even if it is fine, I'm just beyond frustrated by the possibility of having to put in hundreds of hours of solo grinding all over again, I might end up just not playing the game in question ever again instead, which is stupid and shitty because THANKS NINTENDO)
If both can run CFW, then just use JKSV to transfer the save from one to the other.

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I figured I should ask this here instead of making a thread but I need some help here.
I've had a modded switch (v1 through a jig) and ended up getting a second one recently, but this one was patched so I ended up hiring someone to install picofly on it in order to access atmosphere and all. The problem is that this person never specified to me what came in the folders he used and it only came with a Stock and EmuMMC layout on hekate, I tried making a SysMMC in order to access certain content on it but it turns out that this came with Incognito by default and said SysMMC doesn't have a serial code anymore, is it possible to use any nand backup from my other switch in order to have a working SysMMC, or restart the hekate setup and wipe the SD card (I don't mind following the switch hack guide from the beginning or losing my SD files since I can just backup those) in order to start over with a proper SysMMC and EmuMMC? I thought I'd ask instead of recklessly doing something that could brick this system.

kevinic

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello its my first time posting here, i hope im not in the wrong forum. but i have a problem with my switch , for context i have cfw on sysnand using atmosphere, all of the latest version, and im on 16.0.3 bootless 2 firmware. everytime i play my game theres a system update notification "a new update is available it will be downloaded now" pop up. i already have the latest 16.0.3 and when i check goldleaf setting firmware and update, goldleaf say idont have any pending update. i have tried with getting to maintenance mode and power it off method, but it didnt work , the popup is still there. any idea what to do? i think this happened because i have upcoming update when i cfw my switch

Edit.
nevermind ive solved it using dbi clear orphan file method

Last edited by kevinic,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello its my first time posting here, i hope im not in the wrong forum. but i have a problem with my switch , for context i have cfw on sysnand using atmosphere, all of the latest version, and im on 16.0.3 bootless 2 firmware. everytime i play my game theres a system update notification "a new update is available it will be downloaded now" pop up. i already have the latest 16.0.3 and when i check goldleaf setting firmware and update, goldleaf say idont have any pending update. i have tried with getting to maintenance mode and power it off method, but it didnt work , the popup is still there. any idea what to do? i think this happened because i have upcoming update when i cfw my switch

Edit.
nevermind ive solved it using dbi clear orphan file method
You can also use Goldleaf to do the same, clear tickets (reset game update) for each game. Note: Each time you take your switch online, it will show again. Glad you got it sorted. Have Fun! :grog:

Last edited by BigOnYa,

HaseoArmahem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hello, ask for help or tips where to dig: installed HwFly on Switch lite, messed up and damaged CLK. With some luck I restore the CLK and console is now power on. But The screen is fade in dark and some times image disapear. And when the image present - if switch the screen to another menu - old menu is visible(like it not refresh, and not fully fade out).
Screen is not damaged, the pins on screen good too. Maybe I damaged some element (I have suspicious on black element over CPU slot - under Card slot zip connector ) . Any help or maybe someone at same level of not so smart as me but already fix the issue?

(This is second attemp. First console work like charm, and the good part - the first one was friends of mine. But now I try mine to chiped and not the best choice)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.