Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I have been out of the scene for a bit.

I'm trying to upgrade my emuNAND firmware without losing access to save files, etc.

Is this still the recommended process or are there better tools available?
  1. Back up all save files with JKSV.
  2. Upgrade Switch FW.
  3. Dump firmware with Lockpick.
  4. Upgrade emuNAND firmware with Daybreak.
  5. Restore save files with JKSV.
Any other important steps in the process that I may be missing?

Kraid3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BigOnYa

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an absolute Time with my switch.
I learned that it does not like when nintendo servers are blocked. Not an issue so far, as I don't plan on going online or using the net much for now, but still an issue. What's the best way to combat this?
(To be crystal clear, the error code was 2155-8007)

I also delinked my nintendo account for obvious reasons. And during all this, I archived Animal Crossing, and now cannot get it back without a backup. For backed up games seperated into multiple files (eg part1, part2) how does that work on switch? I'm really, really confused about that.
Back to having a Time.

Having trouble launching software. I set up exosphere, but did not block my DNS. Now I'm getting error code 2155-8007 again. Help.

daniisiilva1

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. I have a issue and I'm not sure if I have to post it here. I've got a switch on 17.0.1 version with atmosphere 1.6.2. So, when I put a cartridge, the switch gives me a read error, but if I power on the switch in stock mode (not sysCFW), the game runs correctly. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey all, I have been out of the scene for a bit.

I'm trying to upgrade my emuNAND firmware without losing access to save files, etc.

Is this still the recommended process or are there better tools available?
  1. Back up all save files with JKSV.
  2. Upgrade Switch FW.
  3. Dump firmware with Lockpick.
  4. Upgrade emuNAND firmware with Daybreak.
  5. Restore save files with JKSV.
Any other important steps in the process that I may be missing?
I never made a backup of my saves before firmware update so I'm not sure if that's a necessary step, but if it puts your mind at ease, sure do.
Updating your sysNAND firmware and dumping it afterwards so that you can update your emuNAND is one way of doing the update, probably a preferred one if you want to play games you own online on stock firmware. You should know that you can get firmware files from a certain website that we aren't allowed to link here (quick Google search is all it takes) as well and just update your emuNAND firmware via Daybreak.

With that said, whenever you're updating your firmware, always make sure that you uninstall the custom theme (if you have one, update Hekate and Atmosphere after that. followed by updating emuNAND's firmware via Daybreak. I'd also suggest getting the latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) as well, as you'll need those for game backups to work. To block Nintendo servers, set up DNS MITM.

In case you've cleared your prodinfo sometime in the past, you'll need to undo it. Otherwise, Atmosphere will crash as soon as you connect to the Internet.

Having trouble launching software. I set up exosphere, but did not block my DNS. Now I'm getting error code 2155-8007 again. Help.
That error appears with some of the games that try to connect to the Nintendo servers and fail, probably due to them being blocked.

In case you've blanked your prodinfo in the past, you'll need to undo it and set up DNS MITM. Also, make sure that you have the latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) as well.

If that doesn't work, try going into the maintenance mode on your emuNAND. Here's how:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point any pending update is deleted and cache is cleared.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
Hope that helps! Other than that, unfortunately, I'm not sure what could be an issue.

Hi. I have a issue and I'm not sure if I have to post it here. I've got a switch on 17.0.1 version with atmosphere 1.6.2. So, when I put a cartridge, the switch gives me a read error, but if I power on the switch in stock mode (not sysCFW), the game runs correctly. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks
I don't run game cartridges on my modded Switch, but I believe that enabling gamecard reader will fix this issue.

PenitentOne

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a tool or a way to convert pc games saves (steam or gog) for example to switch or it's an individual procedure. I had a save from blasphemous and I'd like to start over a new game

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Blythe93

Jason_Leviticus

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hello dears,
i just modded the switch oled, first thing is i created backups of the eMMC GPP and BOOT0 & BOOT1 from Hekate, then i partioned the SD and made an emuMMc.
i did not try launching CFW from EMUMMC or SYSMMC or even run the OFW
then i used lockpick and dumped SysNand and amiibo keys, and mariko partials, then rebooted.
i got Pkg1 decryption failed! Is BEK missing while launching, then i powered off and powered on
then i tried launching the CFW from emuMMC and it launches fine and i can get to home screen
but entering CFW from SysMMC results in an error page 2002-3539
and restarting Normally into OFW will Stuck on just the LOGO with Joycons.

i am not sure as why this is happening, i read that systemwipe will fix the issue, other places saying Dat0 issue, sthetix mentioned that use better wires as he got the same error because of bad wire from dat0 (although my EMMC info page looks fine)
Same problem did you find a fix yet?

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey people
👋🏼

I own a soft-modded Switch. I turned its airplane mode on, so my nephews can't accidentally update it . Yesterday, the Switch was out of battery, and when I turned it on, it wasn't working as it always was.

I did the RMC loader process:

1. turn it off,
1. put the jig into the right joy-con,
1. hold +volume and tap power,
1. see the black screen,
1. plug it into my PC/Windows (using a usb-c cable),
1. and inject the `payloads/hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2.bin`.

It shows (on Windows) the payload was injected with success. However, after that, my Switch won't go to the `boot-loader` select screen; it either keeps in the black screen or goes directly to the unmodded OS.

Do you know what I can do?

Thanks

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
is there a new update video of how to do it ?
As @BigOnYa said, you should stick to the written guides. In addition to the guide he linked above, I'd suggest the PC method. Also note that you don't really need to update your sysNAND in order to dump firmware files from it in order to update the firmware on your emuNAND - you can find files on a certain site we aren't allowed to link here (quick Google search is all it takes to find it). Just download the files and extract them to your SD card in a folder that you'll easily find once launch Daybreak on your emuNAND.

Also, if you have a custom theme installed, uninstall it.
If you have cleared your prodinfo in the past, restore it. If you have a blank prodinfo, Atmosphere will crash as soon as you connect to the Internet. Make sure to set up DNS MITM instead in order to block Nintendo servers.
Post automatically merged:

I turned its airplane mode on, so my nephews can't accidentally update it .
That isn't really effective unless you blocked Nintendo servers with DNS MITM or some other way.

It shows (on Windows) the payload was injected with success. However, after that, my Switch won't go to the `boot-loader` select screen; it either keeps in the black screen or goes directly to the unmodded OS.
Which firmware do you have on unmodded OS? You might have updated your unmodded OS to 17.0.1 and run into this issue that was introduced with firmware 17.0.0 few months ago.

You can fix it by updating your CFW to the latest version first. I'd recommend using the PC method instead of Switch method because AIO updaters, while convenient, may cause even more issues. After that, boot into Atmosphere 1.6.1 or higher (1.6.2 is currently the latest one) on sysNAND. If it works, great - now you can boot into emuNAND without problem. Don't forget to update your emuNAND's firmware via Daybreak after that. You can follow this or this guide. Note that you can find firmware files on a certain site we aren't allowed to link here (quick Google search is all it takes to find it). Just download the files and extract them to your SD card in a folder (name it firmware or something) that you'll easily find once launch Daybreak on your emuNAND.

Additionally, make sure to get the latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) as well, as you'll need those for game backups to work.
Some games may stop working and will probably need to be reinstalled. I personally use DBI Installer, sthetix made a great video explaining its features and how to use it.

Good luck!

Last edited by Blythe93,

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I have a modded switch running SXOS - I cannot seem to figure out how to install JKSV. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to manually install it? I saw somewhere to just place the JKSV.nro file in the switch subfolder, and I did that, but it doesn't seem to come up.

I had the switch modded by Modzville and followed his instructions for setting up SXOS. It boots up right into SXOS. Not sure if that makes any difference in the way he had me set it up.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1