Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I dont get one thing. Eventually nintendo will launch games that requires a new firmware. So, to update we'll have to connect the console to the internet (or theres another way to update?) and possibly be banned. So whats the point leaving the console offline now? Wont we get banned sooner or later?

I am thinking about use sx os and also play online in the ofw, knowing i'll be banned eventually, when this occurs, I just remain playing the backup games and sell the original cartridges.

I just want to know what I will lost if I get banned, a lot of people seems to be very afraid of getting a ban, but if its just the online to me its fine. (and I guess when you mod your switch you almost choose to lose online).

1 You can update offline from cartridges

2 you lose access to all remote services from ninty ....(eShop, multiplayer, friendlist...)

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1 You can update offline from cartridges

2 you lose access to all remote services from ninty ....(eShop, multiplayer, friendlist...)

I totally forgot about the offline update from cartridges hahaha thanks, feel more secure now.

So, to someone that only wants to play offline with the backup games, ban doesnt mean a lot right?

and you think the sx os backup loader will continue to run all the future games? I know that you dont have an answer, just looking for an opinion.

Guess i'll buy the sx os, thanks for you answers :D

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I totally forgot about the offline update from cartridges hahaha thanks, feel more secure now.

So, to someone that only wants to play offline with the backup games, ban doesnt mean a lot right?

and you think the sx os backup loader will continue to run all the future games? I know that you dont have an answer, just looking for an opinion.

Guess i'll buy the sx os, thanks for you answers :D

All you need to play newer games are the keys (hard to get though). If newer fws are cracked you can bet Sx will support the newer games, if not you have no chance

Reactions: Matheuscas

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Because SX OS relies on a hardware exploit, Nintendo can never patch it out. They can patch features of SX OS such as the homebrew launcher or backup loader, if possible, but TX can just counter back with updates of their own. Its the battle of whose more stable.

So nintendo can update the firmware so that SX OS backup loader wont work anymore (on newer games), right? In that case TX should re update their firm to make it work again. My worry is that we lose support from TX in time

Reactions: Matheuscas

dynelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read about people clearing their error logs after using homebrew on Switch in order to go online. Can anyone explain the process, or provide a link to somewhere that explains the process? Thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So nintendo can update the firmware so that SX OS backup loader wont work anymore (on newer games), right? In that case TX should re update their firm to make it work again. My worry is that we lose support from TX in time
This is usually how the war between hackers and Nintendo go on. Usually, Nintendo is the first to yield but neither side gives up until the device is near the end of its lifespan.

I've read about people clearing their error logs after using homebrew on Switch in order to go online. Can anyone explain the process, or provide a link to somewhere that explains the process? Thanks in advance.
It is a payload known as nx-dreport that is meant to wipe all error logs on your Switch but running in firmwares 5.X might create inconsistencies that can still flag a ban.
Payload: https://github.com/Thog/nx-dreport

Reactions: daijobu and dynelf

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Question: how can i do a full System NAND dump before i crack it with the SX Pro? Any tutorials?
My reasoning is do a full backup of my untouched NAND and then completely disconnect the Internet for as long as i use SX CFW, when I'm done with SX i could potentially flash my NAND back and escape the Ban.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: how can i do a full System NAND dump before i crack it with the SX Pro? Any tutorials?
My reasoning is do a full backup of my untouched NAND and then completely disconnect the Internet for as long as i use SX CFW, when I'm done with SX i could potentially flash my NAND back and escape the Ban.
You dump your NAND with a bootloader known as Hekate, however there is modification by CTCaer that allows you to dump it in parts in case your SD card is not big enough. The NAND is 29.1 GB in total. Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

Reactions: tatumanu

Kanolein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People have reported that you can still update games as long as the icons are still on the Switch menu. I'm not sure about firmware update.

Thank you for the information. So they just prevent hackers from online cheating?

I have some thoughts of that they send right complaints to the people who use pirate games in europe because the law is strict....

dynelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have some interest in doing some save game editing (Hyrule Warriors) in order to do that do i have to install a CFW and the Homebrew Channel?

Last edited by Thanatos,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey is there a way to dump my Nand directly to my PC? I dont wanna have to wait 5 more days to get my sd card lol
Yes but it can be a little dangerous since Windows might make modifications while the NAND is copied and pasted onto your computer: https://gbatemp.net/threads/biskeyd...c-decryption-real-time-mounting-tools.502434/
Have some interest in doing some save game editing (Hyrule Warriors) in order to do that do i have to install a CFW and the Homebrew Channel?
Yes, follow this guide from start to finish to be able to run homebrew: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-1-x-5-x-how-to-run-homebrew-on-your-nintendo-switch.506529/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any modifications to the switch risk a ban. the chance of getting banned by using homebrew is low, but it has been reported iirc
And is there a risk of being banned for just having Homebrew on the Switch or are bans only coming from using backups/pirated software?
3 hits so far, assuming they are true. It is under "Statistics for the Lazy" in the "Nintendo Switch Banning Hub"

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. There would be no way to import your Switch saves onto your PC to edit without CFW. I would recommend the app called "checkpoint" to import and export the edited save back onto your switch.
BTW, there's also already a HWL editor here: https://gbatemp.net/download/hyrule-warriors-definitive-edition-save-editor.34977/

dabman19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i have a 4.1.0 switch and all i really want to do right now is run emulators and other homebrew shit. i loaded the switchfilesv3.zip stuff by tomger, got in to the hbmenu and ran some emulators but they don't perform very well. I was reading in an emulator thread that 5.0.2 does this pretty well, and i saw yet another thread showing how to boot in to other firmwares without burning fuses. what i'd like to know is how to get 5.0.2, i've seen a website hosting other firmwares (for historical documentation purposes only, of course) up to 4.1.0, but nothing beyond. what i don't want to do is connect my switch to the internet and get banned. dms are open but responses here are cool too, thx.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i have a 4.1.0 switch and all i really want to do right now is run emulators and other homebrew shit. i loaded the switchfilesv3.zip stuff by tomger, got in to the hbmenu and ran some emulators but they don't perform very well. I was reading in an emulator thread that 5.0.2 does this pretty well, and i saw yet another thread showing how to boot in to other firmwares without burning fuses. what i'd like to know is how to get 5.0.2, i've seen a website hosting other firmwares (for historical documentation purposes only, of course) up to 4.1.0, but nothing beyond. what i don't want to do is connect my switch to the internet and get banned. dms are open but responses here are cool too, thx.
Follow this tutorial, to the dot, from start to finish. In regards to your specific question, it is addressed in the guide. (Pay close attention to any coughs)

Reactions: dabman19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?