Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you at least boot into OFW? Also have you tried reformatting your SD card and starting over? You could try a different FW but don't see how that'll make a difference if your setup is solid.
When I turn my switch off yeah I can boot into my OFW. I'll try reformatting my SD card and see how it goes (does exFat has anything to do with this problem? Because that's what I'll choose when formatting it)
Since my current FW doesn't effect this whole problem then I won't update I suppose.

EDIT: tried and still I get the same old black screen after the Nintendo logo

Last edited by haxan,

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I turn my switch off yeah I can boot into my OFW. I'll try reformatting my SD card and see how it goes (does exFat has anything to do with this problem? Because that's what I'll choose when formatting it)
Since my current FW doesn't effect this whole problem then I won't update I suppose.
If you've done exfat format on PC the switch will still not recognize it. It needs Nintendos exfat update. Can you try fat32 format instead? There's THIS tutorial for updating exfat with out updating the FW but one of the disclaimers is that it hasn't been tested out on 2.0.0 apparently (unless someone has and it didn't get updated or reported) so you'd be a guinea pig trying it without using later FW's and hoping you already have a NAND backup at this point even attempting something like this.

Harampapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello pretty new to the switch scene.
Wanted to buy a switch for playing games no intention of going online. is this nintendo switch with serial XAJ70010869041 ? Okay to buy ?

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone tell me how to connect my Nintendo switch to the pc to run a payload.... I don't have a wire USB c to USB or is it thru wifi???

total noob here for this

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone tell me how to connect my Nintendo switch to the pc to run a payload.... I don't have a wire USB c to USB or is it thru wifi???

total noob here for this
What you are describing is actually an unreleased exploit known as Deja Vu where you can load hacks/CFW through webpages similar to the PS4 HEN as seen below.
To answer your question, you are going to need a USB-C cable to send a payload (or install an internal trinket by opening up your console) until Deja Vu comes out. However, USB-C cables that are good enough for the job are extremely cheap. As an example, here is the one I personally use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8GU544/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another noob question, if I buy a second hand physical game can Nintendo ban me if the header is already used or whateveR? It would be zelda botw

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question, if I buy a second hand physical game can Nintendo ban me if the header is already used or whateveR? It would be zelda botw
If you are planning on injecting that header into a backup to play online, you might as well kiss those hopes goodbye as Nintendo has implemented additional checks if the header doesn't match the game it comes from. Also, they now have the power to ban individual headers used inappropriately so while you may not get a full console ban, they will at the very least ban the header you are using.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/8rxg26/psa_strong_antipiracy_measures_implemented_by/

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are planning on injecting that header into a backup to play online, you might as well kiss those hopes goodbye as Nintendo has implemented additional checks if the header doesn't match the game it comes from. Also, they now have the power to ban individual headers used inappropriately so while you may not get a full console ban, they will at the very least ban the header you are using.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/8rxg26/psa_strong_antipiracy_measures_implemented_by/
No I'm not planning using it online, but if the previous owner did something...

BTW is it true that 4.1 firmware consoles have a different way to enter RCM than the jig and pins?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not planning using it online, but if the previous owner did something...

BTW is it true that 4.1 firmware consoles have a different way to enter RCM than the jig and pins?
Its possible that other people will use headers from used games so they can play their backups online. This means that many second-hand games can be considered tainted in the world of hacking. What will happen if you use a second-hand game from a banned console is beyond my imagination, but its a risk I'm not willing to take. As for your other point, those consoles have another exploit that doesn't involve the use of RCM. Instead they load unsigned code (much like payloads) via a userland exploit (web browser) which causes the console to reboot giving us full access to the Switch. I posted a demo of it on the previous page of this thread.

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its possible that other people will use headers from used games so they can play their backups online. This means that many second-hand games can be considered tainted in the world of hacking. What will happen if you use a second-hand game from a banned console is beyond my imagination, but its a risk I'm not willing to take. As for your other point, those consoles have another exploit that doesn't involve the use of RCM. Instead they load unsigned code (much like payloads) via a userland exploit (web browser) which causes the console to reboot giving us full access to the Switch. I posted a demo of it on the previous page of this thread.

So my 4.1 console can't use a jig or sxexecuter? Becase in your video is an unreleased exploit. I can't run fusee gelee on a 4.1 console?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 4.1 console can't use a jig or sxexecuter? Becase in your video is an unreleased exploit. I can't run fusee gelee on a 4.1 console?
You misunderstand. What I am saying is 4.1 consoles and below have access to a completely separate but unreleased exploit outside of Fusee Gelee. Outside of the fact that its actually not fully patched out in 5.X (it may be the only exploit for Mariko units), we already have the RCM-based exploit so this one is not useful at the current time. All current Switch units 4.1 and below can use both Fusee Gelee and Deja Vu, but the latter has yet to be released and we don't know when that will happen.

Reactions: ssssss13

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You misunderstand. What I am saying is 4.1 consoles and below have access to a completely separate but unreleased exploit outside of Fusee Gelee. Outside of the fact that its actually not fully patched out in 5.X (it may be the only exploit for Mariko units), we already have the RCM-based exploit so this one is not useful at the current time. All current Switch units 4.1 and below can use both Fusee Gelee and Deja Vu, but the latter has yet to be released and we don't know when that will happen.

Thank you, it was my fault, I 'm really having a hard time understanding switch scene, there are things that I still dont understand. Like, if 5.1 is needed for octopath traveller, how are people with 4.1 or 3.0 palying octopath even in cfw without burning fuses? Makes no sense to me

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to run hbl by using hekate, i see "sigpatch + cfw". what's that?

should i run this?
Uh...depends on where you downloaded it from. There are some signature patches to allow for the installation of homebrew as NSP while there are others that allow you to play NSP games you don't own. Any signature patches though shouldn't affect your ability to run the homebrew launcher.
Thank you, it was my fault, I 'm really having a hard time understanding switch scene, there are things that I still dont understand. Like, if 5.1 is needed for octopath traveller, how are people with 4.1 or 3.0 palying octopath even in cfw without burning fuses? Makes no sense to me
This is where stuff gets a little technical. See, eShop games have a file in there that makes them different from retail cartridge dumps. Its in the form of an XML file. This file forces the game to only work on the most recent system firmware when it was put up on the eShop. What we do is modify that file so the game can be launched on its real firmware requirement; its encrypted masterkey blob. Basically, every few system updates or so Nintendo adds a new masterkey to the console. What this masterkey officially does is decrypt games and other content on the console so the Switch can launch them. Now I don't know where there's a repository of what games were encrypted with what masterkey, but an easy trick is that these masterkeys usually tie in with firmwares that burnt new fuses. Until someone compiles such a list, its basically trial and error to see which games are encrypted with which masterkeys.

Reactions: ssssss13

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so whats the current state of homebrew? I saw this SX OS dongle by Executer and the price is good for me and seems cool. Is it safe? Can i get banned for using it? Also in terms of home brew, what is possible currently? I dont want to pirate switch games, i am more interested in emulation on switch like SNES9x, and gameboy games etc

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so whats the current state of homebrew? I saw this SX OS dongle by Executer and the price is good for me and seems cool. Is it safe? Can i get banned for using it? Also in terms of home brew, what is possible currently? I dont want to pirate switch games, i am more interested in emulation on switch like SNES9x, and gameboy games etc
You can be banned for hacking, period. Right now, I would say homebrew only bans have been limited to but one case but that user did something else which I don't advise doing so you should be good. As for the state of homebrew as a whole, its a work in progress. However, I would suggest shying away from the SX Pro as not all homebrew, if all of them anyways, work so well with their CFW so I would suggest using another one like Hekate, Atmosphere, ReiNX, RajNX, etc. If you want to learn how to launch homebrew without the SX Pro, you can read up on the current exploit and related items here.

Tian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can be banned for hacking, period. Right now, I would say homebrew only bans have been limited to but one case but that user did something else which I don't advise doing so you should be good. As for the state of homebrew as a whole, its a work in progress. However, I would suggest shying away from the SX Pro as not all homebrew, if all of them anyways, work so well with their CFW so I would suggest using another one like Hekate, Atmosphere, ReiNX, RajNX, etc. If you want to learn how to launch homebrew without the SX Pro, you can read up on the current exploit and related items here.
i only run hbl with hekate, and i dont have sx. when I run some homebrews, it crashes. it generates somes error logs. will I get trouble?

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uh...depends on where you downloaded it from. There are some signature patches to allow for the installation of homebrew as NSP while there are others that allow you to play NSP games you don't own. Any signature patches though shouldn't affect your ability to run the homebrew launcher.
This is where stuff gets a little technical. See, eShop games have a file in there that makes them different from retail cartridge dumps. Its in the form of an XML file. This file forces the game to only work on the most recent system firmware when it was put up on the eShop. What we do is modify that file so the game can be launched on its real firmware requirement; its encrypted masterkey blob. Basically, every few system updates or so Nintendo adds a new masterkey to the console. What this masterkey officially does is decrypt games and other content on the console so the Switch can launch them. Now I don't know where there's a repository of what games were encrypted with what masterkey, but an easy trick is that these masterkeys usually tie in with firmwares that burnt new fuses. Until someone compiles such a list, its basically trial and error to see which games are encrypted with which masterkeys.

Really interesting. Thanks to the people who works on that, it blows my mind they can do those things.

Isnt SXExecuter the only CFW than runs XCI files , in other words, the only CFW that runs backup games? Also the dongle might be useful for the average guy like me who is terrible at these things.

Hell I did not even make the jig work ffs

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only run hbl with hekate, and i dont have sx. when I run some homebrews, it crashes. it generates somes error logs. will I get trouble?
Possibly yes, but I've seen more problems arise from people who tried to clear those error logs than those who kept them around. What I would have suggested is backing up the NAND before you did any hacking and restoring it before you went online but it seems as though you have already hacked your console. Unless your console has connected online with those error logs and/or you are on a 5.X firmware, I would suggest clearing them right away. Otherwise, it would be wise to keep those error logs than try to get rid of them
Isnt SXExecuter the only CFW than runs XCI files , in other words, the only CFW that runs backup games? Also the dongle might be useful for the average guy like me who is terrible at these things.

Hell I did not even make the jig work ffs
We have a means of playing backups in NSP format with a title installer (Tinfoil) and a CFW with the appropriate signature patches (ReiNX, RajNX, Atmosphere/Hekate + sig patches). SX OS remains the only CFW to play backups in XCI and NSP format. However, there has been a recent breakthrough with a tool that can successfully convert XCIs into NSPs meaning we can now play all backups in NSP format with one of the aforementioned free CFWs. Now the only advantage SX OS has is a way of playing XCI games raw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0