Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

gratje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
@Draxzelex thanks, than I just need to spend a day to install them all again. and SXos has also an multiple nsp installer. so plug it into the power and leave it for a night.
thanks for the quick reply

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When installing NSP's via tinfoil should I ignore the firmware version? Default is no, but I've been selecting yes. I’m On 5.1.
The short answer is yes however I will also try to explain what it actually does in as simple terms as possible.

All games, updates, and DLC are encrypted with a key. These keys vary from firmware to firmware and align with ones where a new fuse is burnt. This means that certain content are designed to work on certain firmwares and the only way around this is by decrypting those things and reencrypting them with the lowest key found on firmware 1.0. But that's another problem entirely. Within .NSP files is also an .XML file. This file contains a required firmware version separate from the keys used to encrypt the content and is usually higher than the firmware required by the keys. What Tinfoil can do is bypass this .XML file and only rely on the key encryption used by the files inside to install and launch the content.

Let's take an example. Say Game X is encrypted with the key found on firmwares 5.X (meaning it will work on all firmwares between 5.0 and 5.1) but the .XML file requires a firmware of 6.0. If your firmware is 5.1, you cannot install Game X because the .XML file requires a base firmware of 6.0 but if you use Tinfoil to bypass this, you can not only install it on 5.1 but also lower 5.X firmwares such as 5.0 because all 5.X firmwares use the same key to encrypt their content.

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying ReiNX for the first time today and noticed when I click album it takes me to the actual album and not the homebrew. I also tried while holding R and nothing, same thing with L. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Also, just curious....when you send the Hekate payload over and choose launch, then CFW is that atmosphere that it defaults to?

Last edited by CobraX83,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying ReiNX for the first time today and noticed when I click album it takes me to the actual album and not the homebrew. I also tried while holding R and nothing, same thing with L. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Also, just curious....when you send the Hekate payload over and choose launch, then CFW is that atmosphere that it defaults to?
Make sure you a folder that ends in 100D under titles as well as hbmenu.nro on the root of the SD card.

Reactions: CobraX83

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so as simply put as possible what can we do with a emmunand ?
Online?
What SX OS is not the EmuNAND that we all know and love. Basically instead of redirecting/emulating the NAND on an SD card (like how it was done on the 3DS), they split the NAND into 2 partitions. Meaning your total NAND has now been modified and can be detected by Nintendo, if not already. Not only that but your console can easily get bricked if one or both partitions get messed up. Apart from that, its the same old EmuNAND that we all know; separation of hacks from legit play, allows users to boot higher firmwares without updating, etc.

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this doesn't allow you to go online without getting banned or anything like that? From what you described I think I'm going to cancel making Annie Moon and on my system and just stick with 2.0 as it is I wouldn't even use S xos but I bought it before I knew about the other custom firmwares

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this doesn't allow you to go online without getting banned or anything like that? From what you described I think I'm going to cancel making Annie Moon and on my system and just stick with 2.0 as it is I wouldn't even use S xos but I bought it before I knew about the other custom firmwares
Upon further reading, this guy "claims" its pretty safe: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-does-sx-os-emunand-work.518936/
Maybe you should listen to him since he's a trusted developer and knows what he is talking about with all of the proof to backup his claims. I mean what do I know, I'm not a developer. At the very least, I'm interested to see if this will prevent or lead to bans so if you want to be a guinea pig, be my guest. But based on how I and others know this works as well as the telemetry of the Switch, this is probably a ban waiting to happen.

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So guys, I usually proceed with entering AutoRCM, inject Hekate, and then launch reiNX.

My Question now, can I skip injecting Hekate and just inject ReiNX directly from AutoRCM?

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't tried it yet. thought I need to do the Hekate Step for whatever reason (Protecting eFuses, or Sig Patches, or something)
So directly injecting ReiNX is basically safe/the same as if I first inject Hekate and then launch ReiNX trough that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet. thought I need to do the Hekate Step for whatever reason (Protecting eFuses, or Sig Patches, or something)
So directly injecting ReiNX is basically safe/the same as if I first inject Hekate and then launch ReiNX trough that?
Only difference is you don't have to navigate the Hekate menu or any menu when you load ReiNX directly but functionally, its identical.

Reactions: VIERcntHOLZ

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't used my switch in a while, its currently on 4.1.0, I see that I can update it without burning the fuses, I just want to update it then use it as a normal switch but with the capability of downgrading at a later date... is there a way of doing that without being banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't used my switch in a while, its currently on 4.1.0, I see that I can update it without burning the fuses, I just want to update it then use it as a normal switch but with the capability of downgrading at a later date... is there a way of doing that without being banned?
This is about the least riskiest way to update without burning fuses in terms of being banned: https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-easy...ch-firmware-without-burning-any-fuses.511847/

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk