Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that kind of makes sense. I have plenty of space on my microsd card, but I also use lakka, so would it work if I keep it FAT32? Or will it break the nand backup? Also, it doesn't make sense when you said "don't need to keep more than one clean NAND backup at a time since you can't restore one more than once", but in a previous comment, you said that I would need to make a nand backup every time before I would load up cfw, then make a nand backup of the cfw, but since i have like 50 gb left on my microsd, wouldn't i not need to make multiple nand backups of my cfw, correct? Also, I don't have a 100% clean nand btw, lol. But I don't think nintendo will ban me since i haven't installed nsps, or do anything way too over the board, if you get my drift at that. let me know dude. Thanks for the input!
You're going to need exFAT because you can't restore the NAND in FAT32. And when I said don't keep more than one clean NAND backup is every subsequent time you make a new NAND clean NAND backup, the previous ones are useless because once again, you cannot restore the same NAND twice at least from a banning perspective. Lastly, Nintendo has banned plenty of people for never using .NSP files. People have been banned for using LayeredFS, .XCI files, bogus error codes, and even just using homebrew.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS bootloader has an option to backup NAND now. What options should I choose when doing so? Will a 64 GB card be enough space for it?
If its anything like Hekate, which has had NAND dumping for months now, the NAND that will be dumped is 29.1 GB in size. Don't know if SX OS supports partial NAND dumping like Hekate because they don't specify that in their vague changelog.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
If its anything like Hekate, which has had NAND dumping for months now, the NAND that will be dumped is 29.1 GB in size. Don't know if SX OS supports partial NAND dumping like Hekate because they don't specify that in their vague changelog.

Yeah, they need to update the user guides. They haven't updated those in months, so the new features have to be Googled, essentially. Couldn't find any info on the SX OS NAND backup utility, oddly enough. But yeah, it does have options to backup everything including system and user partitions.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm using the newest ReiNX/AutoRCM with 5.1 FW. Is there any reason why I might want to stay on 5.1, or should I go ahead and update to 6.0.1?

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. I'm going to hack my switch with sx os pro and I am not interested in playing online. Do you recommend to create emunand and play xci from there anyway?

LightPam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dumb question here
I am on 5.1 and ordered an sx and microSD
If i do a nand backup and then update with ChoiDujour, i read that if fuses are burned by error, the clean nand backup would be unusable, and it would be a 100% ban when going online
Should I update to the lady firmware , do a clean backup, and then restore it to update officialy, and then do a new clean backup?
And do it every time i want to update ?
I dont really care about coolboot and stuff

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Are we there yet?

I have a Switch firmware 2.2 I have been waiting to hack it but am totally confused as to the status of Switch hacking.

Is Atmosphere out? Should I wait more? I thought it was coming out in June and then it never did but then something was released.. Loads of people seem to be hacking away but I don't see any of the nice, easy guides like there were for the 3ds.

chaxelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just want to ask if this is safe to buy?

Attachments

• CAEEE89E-C095-47A1-BA0A-5236DD49C5B9.jpeg
    CAEEE89E-C095-47A1-BA0A-5236DD49C5B9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dumb question here
I am on 5.1 and ordered an sx and microSD
If i do a nand backup and then update with ChoiDujour, i read that if fuses are burned by error, the clean nand backup would be unusable, and it would be a 100% ban when going online
Should I update to the lady firmware , do a clean backup, and then restore it to update officialy, and then do a new clean backup?
And do it every time i want to update ?
I dont really care about coolboot and stuff

If you don't care, update officially, get the exfat update at the same time. Make your clean nand backup with hekate then run your CFW. If you update after this you can use ChoidujourNX to downgrade to your firmware you did the clean nand dump on, restore it, boot OFW using hekate then update again officially

Are we there yet?

I have a Switch firmware 2.2 I have been waiting to hack it but am totally confused as to the status of Switch hacking.

Is Atmosphere out? Should I wait more? I thought it was coming out in June and then it never did but then something was released.. Loads of people seem to be hacking away but I don't see any of the nice, easy guides like there were for the 3ds.

yes you can hack your switch with cfw now, yes atmosphere is (pre)released 0.7.3, if you want to hack it I suggest following THIS first to backup your nand and biskeys

then follow THIS for ReiNX or THIS for atmosphere

i have some games bought from eshop and some cartridges. Can i play them offline after modding with sx os?

Yes

Hello. Do I need to have autorcm enabled in hekate if I have atmosphere CFW?

No, you don't need autorcm. AutoRCM is for if you updated without burning fuses or don't have a reliable method of getting into RCM mode all the time.
“What is AutoRCM and should I use it”?

• Good question.

Firstly, let’s explain exactly what AutoRCM is. In order to get CFW working on your Switch, you must enter RCM and push a payload, which can be quite a pain in the ass depending on what method you are using to bridge the pins on the right Joycon rail. AutoRCM alleviates this by having your Switch boot directly into RCM. This can be healthier for the Switch as you won’t be tinkering with the Joycon rail on each boot. However, you will be unable to boot your Switch unless you send a payload to it on each boot. If you turn your Switch off periodically and occasionally would like to boot into OFW (Original Firmware), it’s probably best that you leave AutoRCM behind. However, if you are just interested in running only CFW and do not want to tinker with your Joycon rail on each boot, AutoRCM is for you!

crashpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after getting my switch from the shop it did a official update from 5.1.0 to 6.0.1 and now everyone I try to play a game offline it won't let me. Still gives me checking if software if playable this device is on ofw right now anyone experience this ? Or does cfw fix this ?

rodan100919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a second switch for homebrew purposes, but I'm still waiting on my jig to arrive. I'm torn between ReiNX and Atmosphere for my CFW. From all the guides I've read, the process should be as simple as running one of the payload applications, setting up the SD card, making a backup of the sysNAND, and then running the payload for the selected CFW. Question is: how do I change CFW payloads later on if I decide I want to try one out?

Also, I want to keep my real switch completely separate from my homebrew switch, but I would like to play eShop games I've purchased with my real account on the modded switch so I can use LayeredFS. Is it possible to make a copy of those titles to my modded switch?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the newest ReiNX/AutoRCM with 5.1 FW. Is there any reason why I might want to stay on 5.1, or should I go ahead and update to 6.0.1?
Unless you want to play online, nothing requires being on firmware 6.X currently
just want to ask if this is safe to buy?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
So after getting my switch from the shop it did a official update from 5.1.0 to 6.0.1 and now everyone I try to play a game offline it won't let me. Still gives me checking if software if playable this device is on ofw right now anyone experience this ? Or does cfw fix this ?
Is your console set as the Secondary account holder on Nintendo's website?

BvonB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gamecart slot firmware Q.

So I get how the fuses work with the main Switch OS – fuses only burn if you boot into OFW and it detects a lower number of fuses burnt for that OS version.

I’m safe as I have AutoRCM enabled.

What I’d like to get my head around is how the gamecart slot works.

I am on 3.0.2 – I know that the slot is “updated” from v 4 and up – what I don’t understand is at what point it updates? My guess is not right away as otherwise adding the nogc line would be pointless after the fact right?

Is it:

1. Right away, I.e. part of the Switch OS, as soon as you install anything 4 and over your slot is updated?

2. Only when you physically insert a cartridge after you have updated to 4 or higher?

3. Some other scenario – please explain.

I know I’ve asked a similar question on this, sorry – just trying to get my head round this specific detail before thinking about going passed 3.0.2

Cheers!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecart slot firmware Q.

So I get how the fuses work with the main Switch OS – fuses only burn if you boot into OFW and it detects a lower number of fuses burnt for that OS version.

I’m safe as I have AutoRCM enabled.

What I’d like to get my head around is how the gamecart slot works.

I am on 3.0.2 – I know that the slot is “updated” from v 4 and up – what I don’t understand is at what point it updates? My guess is not right away as otherwise adding the nogc line would be pointless after the fact right?

Is it:

1. Right away, I.e. part of the Switch OS, as soon as you install anything 4 and over your slot is updated?

2. Only when you physically insert a cartridge after you have updated to 4 or higher?

3. Some other scenario – please explain.

I know I’ve asked a similar question on this, sorry – just trying to get my head round this specific detail before thinking about going passed 3.0.2

Cheers!
The first one. Its pretty much near instantaneous. Its about as fast as the fuses getting burnt but in this case, its not a fuse.

Reactions: BvonB

BvonB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first one. Its pretty much near instantaneous. Its about as fast as the fuses getting burnt but in this case, its not a fuse.
Cheers. Ok that makes sense. And I guess the only downside to updating now is if I want to downgrade back to below 4 I won't be able to use the physical gamecart slot at all but I'd still be able to mount any xci I like using sxos right? It just breaks physical cartridge access?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online