Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FTP is slow in general.
Partition means that if your SD card becomes corrupted, EmuNAND won't be affected in anyway.
Not sure what you're confusing in the hekate_ipl.ini file preventing a controller update for; there is no way to prevent those from popping up. They are included in the firmware files themselves.
Regardless of what you use, you need a jig to enter RCM then something to send a payload which can either be a dongle like the SX Pro or a computer plus a USB-C cable. AutoRCM only removes the need for a jig (by "bricking" your Switch). If you turn on the console without using a jig or AutoRCM, it will boot up normally. As for resellers, their website has plenty for specific countries.

With speed of sd card do u need to not notice slowdown with emuNAND on sd card instead of internal?

With emuNAND on sd card that means u unable to swap sd card with diff games?

With the Partition EmuNAND file system is it? would it be easy to see on pc and copy if needed ?

If stored on files sd card only and emuNAND corrupted how would u recover from that?

Last edited by Zap2000,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Just looking for confirmation to check that I'm doing this right? I want to update my 5.1 switch to the latest fw. I'm using sxos pro. So these are the steps I am planning to take:
1. Update my sxos to latest version via the update feature in the album. Switch off and re-enter cfw.
2. Transfer 6.2 files to a 'firmware' folder on my sd card via ftp.
3. Transfer ChoidujourNX.nro to my sd card via ftp.
4. Load ChopidujourNX.nro and select fw to update with ex fat option (haven't used this before but assume it's fairly obvious?)
5. The switch should now be on 6.2 with ex fat? Do I need to switch off the console and re-enter cfw? I'm not bothered about burning fuses (there doesn't seem to be much point as i have no plans to downgrade etc - unless i am missing something?) do I have to select burning fuses in choidujour before updating?

Appreciate any help!

EDIT: To use the new installer, do i simply download it, put it on my sd card and then access it from the album to install nsp files etc?

Last edited by RitchieRitchie,

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On latest SXOS i installed games but when i try to run its says download required.
What i am doing wrong?
Running emunand 6.1

Last edited by DocBo,

AnriHanekawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, two weeks ago i've mod with a friend my nintendo switch, and before proceed with install all tools, exploit etc. my friend does a backup with hekate of clean switch(without mods, exploit, tools, cfw etc.). my question is: if i restore this clean backup without any type of mod, i risk the ban if i go online?

The firmware as the same of the backup and I never use choi

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
XAJ10018235967

is this SN hackable? this switch is a mario odyssey bundle one and it is japan region if im not mistaken. yes i did refer to the chart and google spreadsheet but i heard someone say that it can't be hacked so i wanted to double-check and confirm without a shadow of a doubt that it is hackable. before buying it that is.

i asked this question in another thread as well, but wanted to post this here in case someone misses it.

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok man. I'm fucking confused as all fucking get out. I have 2 switches. One is 4.1, the other 6.2. I have bought NS-Atmosphere dongle. I do not have a computer, as it broke weeks ago, and is being sent to be repaired, so I can't do anything that requires a PC.

I've been trying to use my phone (Galaxy Note 9) to send a payload via NXLoader, with the default fuses.bin, and I get a green screen. Wat? Why?

What files do I need on the MicroSD card of my Switch? (I can put the files I need on the MicroSD card via my phone) What files do I need on my phone for the NXLoader? What files should I be selecting with NXLoader?

Answers would be appreciated.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
XAJ10018235967

is this SN hackable? this switch is a mario odyssey bundle one and it is japan region if im not mistaken. yes i did refer to the chart and google spreadsheet but i heard someone say that it can't be hacked so i wanted to double-check and confirm without a shadow of a doubt that it is hackable. before buying it that is.

i asked this question in another thread as well, but wanted to post this here in case someone misses it.

Serials beginning with XAJ1:
XAJ1002000X and below are safe to buy

ataraxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi all. I just updated to 6.2 using CDNX and running Rienx. I keep getting prompt to update controllers. Is it safe to do it? Thx

I'm always offline btw.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, and is 6.2 now possible on emunand without issues or danger?!
Should be fine as long as you are using SX OS V2.4 or 2.4.1
Thanks for the clarification. I saw that the SX pro doesn't work for "patched" Switches. Are the other methods (atmos) prevented from working with a payload like computer/usb-c as well? (I haven't yet bought a Switch yet.)
All CFW use the same exploit to load whether its SX OS, Atmosphere, ReiNX, etc.
Quick question: is it possible to play physical games (cartridges) without updating the Switch's firmware?

I know they come with the update, but are we required to install it before launching the actual game?
Usually you would need the firmware that comes on the actual cartridge to play the game.
Anyone know how to fix error 2347-0005 on atmosphére? I've heard you need a "boot.nro" file on the root of the SD but I don't know how to find this. I am on atmosphére 0.8.2 and switch vers. 6.2.0.
Yes you need a .NRO file on the root of the SD card but I have never heard anyone refer to it as the "boot.nro"; it is traditionally called hbmenu.nro.
Just looking for confirmation to check that I'm doing this right? I want to update my 5.1 switch to the latest fw. I'm using sxos pro. So these are the steps I am planning to take:
1. Update my sxos to latest version via the update feature in the album. Switch off and re-enter cfw.
2. Transfer 6.2 files to a 'firmware' folder on my sd card via ftp.
3. Transfer ChoidujourNX.nro to my sd card via ftp.
4. Load ChopidujourNX.nro and select fw to update with ex fat option (haven't used this before but assume it's fairly obvious?)
5. The switch should now be on 6.2 with ex fat? Do I need to switch off the console and re-enter cfw? I'm not bothered about burning fuses (there doesn't seem to be much point as i have no plans to downgrade etc - unless i am missing something?) do I have to select burning fuses in choidujour before updating?

Appreciate any help!

EDIT: To use the new installer, do i simply download it, put it on my sd card and then access it from the album to install nsp files etc?
Sounds good to me. To clarify some confusion, fuses are burnt when you boot the console up when running a firmware higher than the fuse count. ChoiDujourNX prevents this by enabling AutoRCM which prevents the console from normally booting up which in turn causes the user to boot the console with a bootloader that prevents fuses from being burnt which all bootloaders do by now. And I haven't tested their new installer but since its such a reskin of DZ/Tinfoil, it should work similarly to that tool.

On latest SXOS i installed games but when i try to run its says download required.
What i am doing wrong?
Running emunand 6.1
May either be a system or game update, or both.
hi, two weeks ago i've mod with a friend my nintendo switch, and before proceed with install all tools, exploit etc. my friend does a backup with hekate of clean switch(without mods, exploit, tools, cfw etc.). my question is: if i restore this clean backup without any type of mod, i risk the ban if i go online?

The firmware as the same of the backup and I never use choi
Should be fine since RCM is virtually undetectable by Nintendo.
Ok man. I'm fucking confused as all fucking get out. I have 2 switches. One is 4.1, the other 6.2. I have bought NS-Atmosphere dongle. I do not have a computer, as it broke weeks ago, and is being sent to be repaired, so I can't do anything that requires a PC.

I've been trying to use my phone (Galaxy Note 9) to send a payload via NXLoader, with the default fuses.bin, and I get a green screen. Wat? Why?

What files do I need on the MicroSD card of my Switch? (I can put the files I need on the MicroSD card via my phone) What files do I need on my phone for the NXLoader? What files should I be selecting with NXLoader?

Answers would be appreciated.
The default payload that comes with NXLoader is just a sample payload designed to show that the exploit works on your Switch. Its purpose is not to load CFW. For that, you need a payload that does allow CFW which will depend on whatever CFW you want to use. I will just link the 3 main CFW for you to pick from. They are largely the same but all of them have their own bootloader/payload for you to send with NXloader (that would be the file that has the .bin extension) while the other CFW files go on the SD card.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.com/
Atmosphere: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
Hi all. I just updated to 6.2 using CDNX and running Rienx. I keep getting prompt to update controllers. Is it safe to do it? Thx

I'm always offline btw.
If you modded your Joy-Cons, it may cause issues with your Joy-Cons. Otherwise, I don't know of any harm in updating the Joy-Cons,

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should be fine as long as you are using SX OS V2.4 or 2.4.1
All CFW use the same exploit to load whether its SX OS, Atmosphere, ReiNX, etc.
Usually you would need the firmware that comes on the actual cartridge to play the game.
Yes you need a .NRO file on the root of the SD card but I have never heard anyone refer to it as the "boot.nro"; it is traditionally called hbmenu.nro.
Sounds good to me. To clarify some confusion, fuses are burnt when you boot the console up when running a firmware higher than the fuse count. ChoiDujourNX prevents this by enabling AutoRCM which prevents the console from normally booting up which in turn causes the user to boot the console with a bootloader that prevents fuses from being burnt which all bootloaders do by now. And I haven't tested their new installer but since its such a reskin of DZ/Tinfoil, it should work similarly to that tool.

May either be a system or game update, or both.
Should be fine since RCM is virtually undetectable by Nintendo.
The default payload that comes with NXLoader is just a sample payload designed to show that the exploit works on your Switch. Its purpose is not to load CFW. For that, you need a payload that does allow CFW which will depend on whatever CFW you want to use. I will just link the 3 main CFW for you to pick from. They are largely the same but all of them have their own bootloader/payload for you to send with NXloader (that would be the file that has the .bin extension) while the other CFW files go on the SD card.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.com/
Atmosphere: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
If you modded your Joy-Cons, it may cause issues with your Joy-Cons. Otherwise, I don't know of any harm in updating the Joy-Cons,

Wat file system is advised for nand back up? I wanna make sure I do it right seeing how important nand back up is. exfat or fat32 for nand back up? And if fat32 does it not split any files in the nand back up?

Last edited by Zap2000,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help Draxzelex, really appreciate you taking the time to help a noob like me! I'm thinking about creating an emunand and doing it that way. Do you know what size the emu is if i create it on my sd card (not partition)? Previously it was 15gb, is that still the case? If I update via emunand do any fuses get burnt? Does rcm mode have to be activated when I use Choidujour to install the new fw or does updating emunand not burn any fuses? Sorry for all the questions!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wat file system is advised for nand back up? I wanna make sure I do it right seeing how important nand back up is. exfat or fat32 for nand back up? And if fat32 does it not split any files in the nand back up?
Either or is fine. ExFAT will produce a single file while FAT32 will split it into parts which you can join together with any file joiner script/program such as those in CTCaer's GitHub page for Hekate.
Thanks for your help Draxzelex, really appreciate you taking the time to help a noob like me! I'm thinking about creating an emunand and doing it that way. Do you know what size the emu is if i create it on my sd card (not partition)? Previously it was 15gb, is that still the case? If I update via emunand do any fuses get burnt? Does rcm mode have to be activated when I use Choidujour to install the new fw or does updating emunand not burn any fuses? Sorry for all the questions!
SX OS allows you to migrate EmuNAND from your internal storage to your micro SD card. Some reasons one might be interested in doing this is if they feel safer knowing that EmuNAND is stored on the SD card from a banning perspective or they want to free up space from their internal storage.

Also EmuNAND will never burn fuses. If you want a technical explanation, its because to boot into EmuNAND, you have to use SX Loader which disables the fuse check as of V1.2.

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Thank you for the reply, Draxzelex.

So there’s no way to play a physical copy of Mario Odyssey on a 1.0.0 Switch without actually updating the system?

I’m only asking because I’d love to play that game while waiting for my dongle and jig to arrive, but I don’t want to risk “losing the 1.0.0 virginity”.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply, Draxzelex.

So there’s no way to play a physical copy of Mario Odyssey on a 1.0.0 Switch without actually updating the system?

I’m only asking because I’d love to play that game while waiting for my dongle and jig to arrive, but I don’t want to risk “losing the 1.0.0 virginity”.
No but there is a way to preserve your 1.0 and play your game. The answer is to update your firmware without burning fuses. Fuses primarily are designed to prevent downgrading but there is a homebrew application named ChoiDujourNX that can put you on whatever firmware you give it without burning any fuses. How it prevents fuses from being burnt is that it enables AutoRCM after installing the firmware. AutoRCM, as the name implies, causes the Switch to AUTOmatically enter RCM. It does so "bricking" the Switch but its an easily reversable brick. With AutoRCM, you cannot boot the Switch normally; instead you will have to send a payload to use the console so if you don't use sleep mode or turn off the console a lot, you may have to change your habits. Another thing to note is that with AutoRCM, turning off the console will cause it to reboot into RCM. This is only a minor inconvenience as it is still possible to turn off a console with AutoRCM. All you have to do is power it off from RCM. Options include a manual shutdown in RCM (holding power for 12 seconds) or using the Power Off function in Hekate which involves sending Hekate as a payload.

Reactions: CapCaveman

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either or is fine. ExFAT will produce a single file while FAT32 will split it into parts which you can join together with any file joiner script/program such as those in CTCaer's GitHub page for Hekate.
SX OS allows you to migrate EmuNAND from your internal storage to your micro SD card. Some reasons one might be interested in doing this is if they feel safer knowing that EmuNAND is stored on the SD card from a banning perspective or they want to free up space from their internal storage.

Also EmuNAND will never burn fuses. If you want a technical explanation, its because to boot into EmuNAND, you have to use SX Loader which disables the fuse check as of V1.2.

What’s the most practical and simple method? I need good nand backup safe?
Have u got update tutorial or YouTube link?

If I use exfat to keep it all in one bit will I be able to switch to fat32 for rest of setup easy?

Also with regards to emuNAND on file in sd card or as hidden partion. If card corrupted how would u recover in each instance?
Which one is recommended if starting fresh?
I don’t know much about the two differences if u have any info?

Last edited by Zap2000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.