Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't restore a clean NAND backup prior to going online, regardless if you're currently in CFW or OFW, you risk getting banned since traces of CFW persist even after the console is shut off.

Also, there is no "better" way to update as both have their pros and cons. Updating without burning fuses lets you retain the ability to downgrade in case future exploits come out for lower firmwares such as a hypothetical untethered coldboot but you risk getting banned this way. You can update officially which will most likely not lead to you getting banned (if done safely) but by doing so, you will irreversibly burn fuses rendering yourself unable to downgrade meaning you may be stuck using a jig and USB cable to boot CFW for a very long time. Weigh which one is more important to you, downgrading or being banned.

Kosmos has its own updater tool that you can use to update the package whenever there is a new version. You can use this without getting banned if you setup 90DNS on your Wi-Fi settings (they are literally just DNS settings). The offline alternative is downloading the latest Kosmos and replacing any files/folders from the old Kosmos.

If you want to transfer, make a copy of your Nintendo folder and rename it to Emutendo. By the way, the Nintendo/Emutendo folder only contains data for installed content on the SD card; it does not have any save data or content installed to internal memory.

Your SysNAND's firmware has not been patched for exFAT support. Either patch it by either updating to the latest firmware which will irreversibly burn fuses or with homebrew applications such as ChoiDujourNX. Or the simplest option is reformat the SD card to FAT32.

Retroarch had some Gamecube support however something happened which caused them to pick up support for the N64 over the Gamecube meaning the only option left is running Dolphin via Lakka which is not pretty. PS2 emulation will probably also be handled by Retroarch since there are no other PS2 emulators planned on being added to the Switch.

You can either use Hekate or SX OS to dump the NAND. I recommend using Hekate since, unlike SX OS, it can verify the backup. Hekate is a payload so you can either send it as the primary payload with a USB-C cable or chainload it from the SX OS menu.

While you can use ChoiDujourNX to update your SysNAND, if you want to play online without getting banned with SysNAND, it would be best to avoid using a homebrew application to update your SysNAND.

Right now, most people would say 6.2 is the "most desirable" firmware since it is the latest firmware and the exploit works on all firmware so most people are going to end up on the latest firmware one way or another.

When EmuNAND is first created, it is a 1:1 copy of your SysNAND so its firmware will be whatever your SysNAND was on when you created EmuNAND.
Thanks for the advice, just wish I'd waited for you to reply! I messed around and ended up deleting all my 100gbs of games accidentally. Note to self,never do anything until someone smarter than me tells me what to do!

jackirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to install my sxpro today but before i do i want to take a clean back up of my NAND using Hekate.

Trying to find a decent tut on how to do this but im struggling.

Correct me if im wrong but these are the steps im taking.

1, Format SD in Fat32 - Done
2. download zip from https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v4.6 - Done
3. place bootloader folder and hekate_ctcaer_4.6.bin file on root of SD. - Done
4. Place SD card in to swtich and enter RCM
5. Create back up

Is this correct as all of the other tuts ive seen mention files and payloads i dont have, literally the only thing on my SD are the folder and file i mention above.

Richard2019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Anyone know how to uninstall apps from homebrew menu?

Like I've managed to end up with two versions of same apps from updating how do I remove these?

TWilliamson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to install my sxpro today but before i do i want to take a clean back up of my NAND using Hekate.

5. Create back up

Is this correct as all of the other tuts ive seen mention files and payloads i dont have, literally the only thing on my SD are the folder and file i mention above.
Use SX Pro's guide to launch the SX payload. Whilst there, there is an option to inject external payload. Go ahead and inject the Hekate payload. [the other tutorials you have been reading about are talking about the hekate payload - it is the bin file, which you have. The difference with these tutorials is probably the fact that they inject hekate directly through software on their PC, instead of through SX. But the dongle that comes with the SX kit is the payload injector in your case, not a PC]. From Hekate, backup your NAND. Follow this guide (from the point he is at Hekate) to make sure you backup everything.
EDIT: DO NOT boot CFW from SX payload before you have made the clean NAND backup. If you do, your future NAND backup will not be clean.

Last edited by TWilliamson,
Reactions: jackirate

jackirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use SX Pro's guide to launch the SX payload. Whilst there, there is an option to inject external payload. Go ahead and inject the Hekate payload. [the other tutorials you have been reading about are talking about the hekate payload - it is the bin file, which you have. The difference with these tutorials is probably the fact that they inject hekate directly through software on their PC, instead of through SX. But the dongle that comes with the SX kit is the payload injector in your case, not a PC]. From Hekate, backup your NAND. Follow this guide (from the point he is at Hekate) to make sure you backup everything.
EDIT: DO NOT boot CFW from SX payload before you have made the clean NAND backup. If you do, your future NAND backup will not be clean.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Having some issues even getting in to RCM with the dongle at the moment, just getting a blank screen. Im charging it up for a few minutes and hope that helps if it does ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks again.

Reactions: TWilliamson

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

5. Create back up

Hey mate follow this for a fully comprehensive backup guide that will backup your nand and all your keys to go with it :)

Guide

Reactions: jackirate

jackirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys, im having an absolute mare just trying to get the SXPRO to work!

everytime i slide the jig in, insert the dongle and attempt to inject the payload nothing happens just a black screen. I have charged the dongle up (green light on charge) then with the switch turned off i plug it in (light on dongle stays off) attempt RCM... and nothing lol - i have plugged the dongle in while the switch was on normally and i get a green light, so im not sure if its holding charge?

I have attempted to get in to RCM with the dongle plugged in and micro usb plugged in to the dongle (Green light stays on) but still nothing. I have reformatted my SD again (Fat32) with a new boot.dat ect but still nothing.
I have never actually entered RCM on this console i bought it for the sole purpose of hacking, i was under the impression that it was exploitable (SN:70007152453 - not 7007 but 70007)

Faulty dongle maybe?

Any other suggestions to try?

jackirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys, im having an absolute mare just trying to get the SXPRO to work!

everytime i slide the jig in, insert the dongle and attempt to inject the payload nothing happens just a black screen. I have charged the dongle up (green light on charge) then with the switch turned off i plug it in (light on dongle stays off) attempt RCM... and nothing lol - i have plugged the dongle in while the switch was on normally and i get a green light, so im not sure if its holding charge?

I have attempted to get in to RCM with the dongle plugged in and micro usb plugged in to the dongle (Green light stays on) but still nothing. I have reformatted my SD again (Fat32) with a new boot.dat ect but still nothing.
I have never actually entered RCM on this console i bought it for the sole purpose of hacking, i was under the impression that it was exploitable (SN:70007152453 - not 7007 but 70007)

Faulty dongle maybe?

Any other suggestions to try?

So i have managed to put it in to RCM and i now know its 100% exploitable leaving one of two options in my head.

1. The dongle is faulty
2. Could it be an SD card issue? maybe incompatibility?

Its a brand new 64GB card which i used a 3rd party tool to format as Fat32, i decided i was going to try reformat in Exfat via the switch but it told me that for the card to be supported i needed to update the system software.. Now does that mean the cards format is not supported or that the actual card itsself isnt supported? Im currently on FW 5.1.0

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i have managed to put it in to RCM and i now know its 100% exploitable leaving one of two options in my head.

1. The dongle is faulty
2. Could it be an SD card issue? maybe incompatibility?

Its a brand new 64GB card which i used a 3rd party tool to format as Fat32, i decided i was going to try reformat in Exfat via the switch but it told me that for the card to be supported i needed to update the system software.. Now does that mean the cards format is not supported or that the actual card itsself isnt supported? Im currently on FW 5.1.0

It's the card format. you would install exfat support officially (updating) or unofficially, using choidujourNX

Check the sd card with h2testw to see if its fake

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried installing a few NSP files to my sx os (latest) and fw 5.1 but i just get blank placeholders with spinning timer, they do not launch and I can delete them via the system menu.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Let's assume I'm using SX OS and the games I play are on an external HDD. Will the saves of these games be saved on the HDD as well or on the micro sd card in the switch?

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still normal for the system to crash after every 20th to 30th launch of a program/game on the system? That's about what happens with my Kosmos + Atmosphere-0.8.1 setup. When it freezes launching a game I lose control but I can still hold power and select Restart from within Horizon. Then just push the hekate payload while the Switch is in RCM and it's back to normal.

Last edited by nutsack,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still normal for the system to crash after every 20th to 30th launch of a program/game on the system? That's about what happens with my Kosmos + Atmosphere-0.8.1 setup. When it freezes launching a game I lose control but I can still hold power and select Restart from within Horizon. Then just push the hekate payload while the Switch is in RCM and it's back to normal.

There is 0.8.2 you can try.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried installing a few NSP files to my sx os (latest) and fw 5.1 but i just get blank placeholders with spinning timer, they do not launch and I can delete them via the system menu.
Might possibly be bad .NSP files or they weren't fully installed. Try installing them with another application such as Tinfoil or Goldleaf to see if the issue persists.
Let's assume I'm using SX OS and the games I play are on an external HDD. Will the saves of these games be saved on the HDD as well or on the micro sd card in the switch?
The games will be on the HDD and their icons will stay on your home screen. They won't be associated with the micro SD card unless you install some updates to that card for those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.