Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 6.2 right now. Is 7.0.1 fully functional on cfw like sigpatches or should I wait a little longer?
CFW on 7.0.1 is fully functional. Games and updates are starting to require 7.0.x one way or another, so you might as well update now in order to make things easier on yourself.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 6.2 right now. Is 7.0.1 fully functional on cfw like sigpatches or should I wait a little longer?

Sigpatches yes from what I understand. Some homebrew not working.. I think custom themes still have a problem but I am not sure about that. if you want to play a game or use a update that requires Masterkey 7 .. then yes update. Only reason I did was for Yoshi -- but then here it is and does not need key 7 LOL. only game I know needs key7 is that power rangers game. and some other games updates need it.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it should work on any Dock with a USB Output?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

I can't say for sure. but the usb controller is in the switch not the dock. I don't see any reason why not. are you looking to buy a 3rd party dock or do you already have one and looking to buy SXOS ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't say for sure. but the usb controller is in the switch not the dock. I don't see any reason why not. are you looking to buy a 3rd party dock or do you already have one and looking to buy SXOS ?

the dock is more off a splitter that splits the HDMI from usb.. no controllers just a splitter

Humor me, why wouldn't it work?

So mean LOL, its a section for people to ask any thing why be such a ... not like he made a new post

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to transfer save data from a hacked Switch to an unhacked one without the unhacked Switch or Nintendo account getting banned?

Assuming the Switch Pro rumours are true I intend to overclock my Switch then transfer my save data and Nintendo account to my Switch Pro in the future.

Rengetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new in box switch that has not been patched based on the serial number. I would like to buy some indie games from the eshop and also eventually use CFW.

Q1:
Is there anything wrong with this plan? / is this the right order? Am I missing a restore NAND step?

- Don't go online yet with the switch
- Create a clean NAND backup
- Install CFW (SX OX)
- restore NAND using the clean backup
- Update to latest firmware without burning fuses using the guide floating around here
- Create another NAND backup?
- boot to OFW?
- buy games on the eshop & download?
- go back offline
- freely play on my eshop games or CFW (on the same SD card )

Q2:
My likelyhood of getting banned with this plan is pretty low right? I have no interest in playing online, it's ok if I get banned but it would be nice to continue to access the eshop so I'm trying to avoid it.

Thank you so much!!

(background on my reasoning, feel free to skip :
I think the best order is to buy games after installing the CFW because i need the latest firmware to access the eshop, and CFW will allow me to update without burning fuses so I will have the ability to downgrade the firmware for whatever reason.)

Last edited by Rengetsu,

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new in box switch that has not been patched based on the serial number. I would like to buy some indie games from the eshop and also eventually use CFW.

Q1:
Is there anything wrong with this plan? / is this the right order? Am I missing a restore NAND step?

- Install CFW (SX OX)
- Update to latest firmware without burning fuses using the guide floating around here
- go back offline

Q2:
My likelyhood of getting banned with this plan is pretty low right?

Thank you so much!!

check the serial with this http://ismyswitchpatched.com and get back with the results .

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is it possible to transfer save data from a hacked Switch to an unhacked one without the unhacked Switch or Nintendo account getting banned?
In order to transfer you would need to run homebrew on the unhacked switch. Running homebrew can get you banned.

Q1:

- Install CFW (SX OX)
- boot to OFW?
- go back offline

Q2:
My likelyhood of getting banned with this plan is pretty low right? I have no interest in playing online, it's ok if I get banned but it would be nice to continue to access the eshop so I'm trying to avoid it.

Thank you so much!!

(background on my reasoning, feel free to skip :
I think the best order is to buy games after installing the CFW because i need the latest firmware to access the eshop, and CFW will allow me to update without burning fuses so I will have the ability to downgrade the firmware for whatever reason.)
If you use SX OS you are able to create EmuNAND. So you could just update SysNAND and use it for online purpose while you keep EmuNAND offline and use it for backups. Disadvantage is that you update SysNAND to latest firmware and burn fuses. If you don’t want that you should create a clean NAND backup and always restore it when you want to go online (no EmuNAND).

If you always restore a clean nand backup before going online, the chances are low. The approach with EmuNAND is also pretty safe.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,
Reactions: Rengetsu

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only thing I know of for sure that requires a linked account is the nes online app. afaik unless the game has an online mode then offline is fine

Alrighty .. was asking cause someone said some offline games wont work. and when I start Smash Bros says download content work work yet it does any ...

Also are custom themes working on 7.0.1 ? I think I read system wont boot with theme

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alrighty .. was asking cause someone said some offline games wont work. and when I start Smash Bros says download content work work yet it does any ...

Also are custom themes working on 7.0.1 ? I think I read system wont boot with theme

I booted with a custom theme when I was doing reinx testing. didn't test every menu though

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NXThemes ? or is there another way ? I am using KOSMOS

Also , do I make a theme or Theme or themes or Themes folder ? on root of ssd correct ... thank you for you time

Last edited by Undwiz,

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was installed with the nxtheme installer on 6.2 with the .nxtheme format iirc. It's possible the .nxthme format is broken on 7.x but previous themes work in my experience.

Using Reinx

Sweet custom theme is working on 7.0.1 after all.. got a nice Zelda theme going now. thanks

Sweet custom theme is working on 7.0.1 after all.. got a nice Zelda theme going now. thanks

just started hacking switch 3 days ago ... is turning out really nice.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow