Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DrROBschiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 is highly recommended, and your Switch might not even have exFAT support installed. Use guiformat to reformat your SD card as FAT32.

That did it!

Had to jump through one more hoop but thanks for getting me into atmosphere!!!

One last question. If i did want to update to a higher firmware whats the safest way to do so?

Last edited by DrROBschiz,

Ikaruga007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys one question, my Switch is vulnerable(it's the launch version) and I am already using it to play "stuff" after entering RCM Mode. I was wondering if I can update my normal Switch Boot version to the newest firmware without losing the ability to enter RCM mode, they can't patch this as it's a Hardware vulnerability right? I'd like to play Tetris 99 online in standard mode but I need to update the Switch to do so -but don't want to lose the possibility to enter RCM Mode and use the payload to play my other stuff...

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use Goldleaf or Tinfoil to install updates to games I legitimately own? If so, which version of Goldleaf/Tinfoil (there's like 4 different versions of "Tinfoil" that I found) should I use? Is there a good, comprehensive guide for me to use? I'd appreciate any help given.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys one question, my Switch is vulnerable(it's the launch version) and I am already using it to play "stuff" after entering RCM Mode. I was wondering if I can update my normal Switch Boot version to the newest firmware without losing the ability to enter RCM mode, they can't patch this as it's a Hardware vulnerability right? I'd like to play Tetris 99 online in standard mode but I need to update the Switch to do so -but don't want to lose the possibility to enter RCM Mode and use the payload to play my other stuff...
You answered your own question in your post.

Should I use Goldleaf or Tinfoil to install updates to games I legitimately own? If so, which version of Goldleaf/Tinfoil (there's like 4 different versions of "Tinfoil" that I found) should I use? Is there a good, comprehensive guide for me to use? I'd appreciate any help given.
Neither. Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer and Tinfoil unfortunately has been depreciated (any other version of Tinfoil that works is a fake). You can try using Awoo Installer as it is an evolution of the depreciated Tinfoil.

rodgadala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Hope all is well! i updated my switch with
ChoiDujourNX to 10.0.4 but after i installed it the switch kept displaying a message to update and it was already on the latest version. the only way i manage to remove it was to booting on normal firmware and it did a reboot and it removed autorcm. is there a way to avoid this from happening? i was on stealth mode also

Tenwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question my switch is on the latest firmware and my emunand with atmosphere too. Im getting an error with Awoo installer everytime I tried to install a game with ns usb loader via USB the error is " Failed to install *the name of the game*" Partially installed contents can be removed from the system settings applet. How i can fix this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Hope all is well! i updated my switch with
ChoiDujourNX to 10.0.4 but after i installed it the switch kept displaying a message to update and it was already on the latest version. the only way i manage to remove it was to booting on normal firmware and it did a reboot and it removed autorcm. is there a way to avoid this from happening? i was on stealth mode also
You could have installed the system update in CFW which would not disable AutoRCM.

I got a question my switch is on the latest firmware and my emunand with atmosphere too. Im getting an error with Awoo installer everytime I tried to install a game with ns usb loader via USB the error is " Failed to install *the name of the game*" Partially installed contents can be removed from the system settings applet. How i can fix this?
What bootloader are you using to launch Atmosphere?

Biggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone point me in the right direction for the best way to develop codes for Animal Crossing: New Horizons? I see that EdiZon doesn't support dev saves. Should I just use a Hex Editor for it?

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thankfully I don't have any problem at the moment, but I've always wondered how sdcard corruption works (i do use Fat32 so hopefully this will never happen). I'm specifically worried about my saves which i regularly back up with Checkpoint.

Is it that just the sdcard gets corrupted, or that individual files on the sdcard get corrupted? What I mean is, if for some reason my sdcard does get corrupted and I end up reformatting my sdcard, is it ok to copy back over my game saves? Or is it a situation where perhaps the game saves had gotten corrupted so by copying back over those corrupted files it will lead to the sdcard getting corrupted again?

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

followed this, got custom firmware working on emunand.

now what lol haha

help

ahhh found what I was looking for I think

didnt realise everything is in the album folder

Last edited by Alex Finlay,

PzrrL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am wondering can I have both sysNAND online and emuNAND offline at the same time? Basically I want to play with friends online using sysNAND, but play other games using emuNAND completely offline.

I mainly use emuNAND (never go online, all time flight mode since setup), but rarely wants to play with friends online using sysNAND, so I am not sure do I have to restore my sysNAND EVERYTIME before I go online with it. Or other words, what should I do (or complete steps/guide) to go online with my friends while I am having an emuNAND on my sdcard? Or can I simply remove the sdcard and boot to sysNAND and play?

I have been using CFW for a long time already. I did a backup of clean sysNAND already before starting to play with emuNAND.

Another question is that since my emuNAND is 9.2.0, the clean backup of sysNAND is 9.2.0 as well. Now the latest version is 10.0.4, I wonder if there is a problem if my sysNAND upgrades to 10.0.4 while i m still using 9.2.0 in my emuNAND?

thanks!!!

Biggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering can I have both sysNAND online and emuNAND offline at the same time? Basically I want to play with friends online using sysNAND, but play other games using emuNAND completely offline.

I mainly use emuNAND (never go online, all time flight mode since setup), but rarely wants to play with friends online using sysNAND, so I am not sure do I have to restore my sysNAND EVERYTIME before I go online with it. Or other words, what should I do (or complete steps/guide) to go online with my friends while I am having an emuNAND on my sdcard? Or can I simply remove the sdcard and boot to sysNAND and play?

I have been using CFW for a long time already. I did a backup of clean sysNAND already before starting to play with emuNAND.

Another question is that since my emuNAND is 9.2.0, the clean backup of sysNAND is 9.2.0 as well. Now the latest version is 10.0.4, I wonder if there is a problem if my sysNAND upgrades to 10.0.4 while i m still using 9.2.0 in my emuNAND?

thanks!!!
All you'd really need to do is boot your switch without RCM mode (don't inject payloads into sysNAND). When using emuNAND through Hekate it sets up an emulated NAND which allows you to put all your homebrew stuff on there without affecting the sysNAND.

From what I've seen, pirated games online = ban. Homebew on sysNAND and going online = ban sometimes. But if you have a clean sysNAND you should be all good. Simply boot up your system and you should be good to go.

Also, it shouldn't matter if there is a difference in system firmware. You can update your sysNAND without touching your emuNAND. If you want to update your emuNAND use something like choidujour to update your emuNAND without needing to connect to nintendo servers. If you have a clean, unmodified sysNAND without any homebrew on it you should be ok to connect to Nintendo servers to update your firmware and play online. That's the beauty of emuNAND, it keeps your homebrew stuff separate!

AbowlOfFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Im trying to install my backup file with goldleaf, but I cant place the nsp file on to my switch SD card. It just says "file is too large for destination file system.

How do I get the file onto the sd card?

PzrrL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
All you'd really need to do is boot your switch without RCM mode (don't inject payloads into sysNAND). When using emuNAND through Hekate it sets up an emulated NAND which allows you to put all your homebrew stuff on there without affecting the sysNAND.

From what I've seen, pirated games online = ban. Homebew on sysNAND and going online = ban sometimes. But if you have a clean sysNAND you should be all good. Simply boot up your system and you should be good to go.

Also, it shouldn't matter if there is a difference in system firmware. You can update your sysNAND without touching your emuNAND. If you want to update your emuNAND use something like choidujour to update your emuNAND without needing to connect to nintendo servers. If you have a clean, unmodified sysNAND without any homebrew on it you should be ok to connect to Nintendo servers to update your firmware and play online. That's the beauty of emuNAND, it keeps your homebrew stuff separate!

Thanks for your reply! Of course i only use legit games in sysNAND. But will there be any trace or log found or generated by emuNAND then carried to sysNAND? I do understand sysNAND and emuNAND are separated by just afraid if there is any log left behind...

Besides, do you mean that the emuNAND won't check the number of fuses? Or the emuNAND simply ignore it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey,

Im trying to install my backup file with goldleaf, but I cant place the nsp file on to my switch SD card. It just says "file is too large for destination file system.

How do I get the file onto the sd card?
is you SD Card formatted as exFAT or FAT32? If FAT32, the max. support file size is 4GB only, you will either need to format your card to exFAT or install NSP over USB using goldleaf which i think is a better option

Last edited by PzrrL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON