Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be reccomended to keep my switch updated? From one side, you get some bug fixes with the updates, on the other side the chances of softmodding later may be diminished. What is the right way to go?

Edit: I am talking about the "new" normal (non-lite) switch, usually marketed as "has more battery power"
You are talking about Mariko systems, which cannot be hacked without a TX modchip. In other words, you don't really have much to gain from not updating it. You should always make sure the CFW you're using is compatible before updating, however.

Reactions: IRHP

IRHP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is the right place to ask.

From what I've seen (older topics), Switch Lite has no chance to ever be hacked, at least not anytime soon (multiple years), right? If there is something in the works, what is it and where can I read about it?

Thanks!

Micker003

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this is the right place to ask.

From what I've seen (older topics), Switch Lite has no chance to ever be hacked, at least not anytime soon (multiple years), right? If there is something in the works, what is it and where can I read about it?

Thanks!

Yes, this should be the right place to ask.
I read there are already modchips for the Switch Lite, Google tells me it's called SX Lite. If i'm correct it's the only "branded" modchip (as, a legit team made it, and not some half-trustible Alibaba production company). Some info should be findable about it on this forum, but my new account won't let me link to it.

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm planning to upgrade my SD card to a larger capacity. I also want to transfer some of my SYSNAND saves to the EMUNAND (so I can play Pokemon Shield without starting over again). So I'm planning to make a new EMUNAND instead. I have some few questions:
  1. Do I have to activate incognito again for my new EMUNAND or is it automatically activated even if I make a new one.
  2. For my old SD card, since it's partitioned, I'll just format it with windows explorer then use it normally right? I'm planning to use it for my Homebrewed 3DS.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm planning to upgrade my SD card to a larger capacity. I also want to transfer some of my SYSNAND saves to the EMUNAND (so I can play Pokemon Shield without starting over again). So I'm planning to make a new EMUNAND instead. I have some few questions:
  1. Do I have to activate incognito again for my new EMUNAND or is it automatically activated even if I make a new one.
  2. For my old SD card, since it's partitioned, I'll just format it with windows explorer then use it normally right? I'm planning to use it for my Homebrewed 3DS.
  1. Yes, you need to activate Incognito on a new emuNAND. However, you can transfer the old emuNAND from one SD to the other, if you don't want to make a brand new emuNAND.
  2. To make sure you remove the emuNAND partition on the old SD card, you should delete the partitions in Disk Management (or something like it) and then format the unpartitioned SD card using something like guiformat.

shinji888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i need help with nro2nsp.

When i launch the nsp of my retroarch rom i get this error:
"rom file missing from the declared path, fix path and try again"
but my rom is still there so i don't know. Can anyone help?

sx os 3.02 -fw 10.4- fat32
nro2nsp 3.3.5

Thanks

Ikaruga007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should still try formatting it to FAT32.
Fat32 won't be able to handle my larger ROMs though? I guess there is some way to split NPS but will installing them even work fine? I guess I'll try getting everything to work from scratch when I have a bit more time, didn't think this would introduce so many problems, won't update my switch again, that's for sure.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32 won't be able to handle my larger ROMs though? I guess there is some way to split NPS but will installing them even work fine? I guess I'll try getting everything to work from scratch when I have a bit more time, didn't think this would introduce so many problems, won't update my switch again, that's for sure.
You should not be installing an NSP off the SD card. Install your NSP over USB or FTP (or better yet, install them over the internet using something like HBG).

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sigh, i updated to 0.13 Atmosphere and broke everything, whenever i boot the Switch via Fuse i get to see the Atmosphere Splash and thats it, nothing happens after it.
If i use Hekate, i get to the menu and basically get an Error code when i try to launch it via the CFW option.
I also had a backup of the 0.12 Atmosphere folder and deleted the folders i overwrote completely on my SD Card and replaced them with my backups, but i still get the same Error code when i start the Switch via Hekate.
Anyone knows a solution?
I will just recopy my Atmosphere backup to another SD Card to see if the card is the problem.

Alright, so i deleted the whole Atmosphere, Bootloader and Switch folder and replaced them with the new Atmo 13 files and its working again, problem solved so far.

Last edited by DieHardjagged,

NoAds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate and Atmosphere doesn't boot up properly, and leaves me with a black screen when it turns on... does anyone know how to fix this problem. I'm running the latest Amtosphere and hekate.

NoAds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate what you mean when said Hekate doesn't boot properly and leaves you with a black screen. Does Hekate not work or does launching CFW from Hekate not work?
it just leaves it in a black screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have autoRCM on so it boots to hekate, however hekate's doesn't show its gui or anything for that matter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's what she said