Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Braden Scholes I thought I saw multiple people say they don't do account bans normally, only the console. I could be wrong.

But yeah doesn't look like you did anything ban-worthy to me. Not sure why someone would say not to go online, since that's what emunands help with. keeping the sysnand clean. as far as i know.

Last edited by Windsall,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I think I'm having trouble conveying what I mean here. It is my understanding that there are two types of bans, "console bans" which are limited to specific hardware, and "account bans" which locks your entire mynintendo account and you lose access to all of your digital games. I have accepted that my console will likely receive a ban if I ever take it back online, but I would really like to avoid an account ban as I own a lot of digital games. So let me retrace what happened so far...
1. Created nand backup
2. Played online and updated games (firmware did not change between backup and last time online)
3. Restored nand
4. Have not gone online since nand restoration

As it sits right now Nintendo has little reason to suspect anything since the last time I went online I had not done anything fishy. I understand that they will be able to tell that the switch has been tampered when I go back online, but if I perform a factory reset before going back online then my account will not be currently linked to the tampered switch (they still know my account was linked to the console in the past) but they would not have full confidence that my account was ever involved with the tampering therefore they likely wouldn't ban the account... right?
I hate to tell you but there are actually a lot more than just 2 types of bans. In my own research, there are close to 6 different types of bans. You can read up more about those in the pinned banning thead.

As for your actual question, like I said, that data already exists on their servers. Any modifications you make on your console cannot and will not erase the data that exists on their side. What's done is done.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That still makes someone wonder what happens with factory reset switches.

Since, they could've gone online with a higher version or more data.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a question I have.

When it comes to playing games with the emunand, Do I just install it somehow with the nsp files, or is it better to use tinfoil to manage games?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question I have.

When it comes to playing games with the emunand, Do I just install it somehow with the nsp files, or is it better to use tinfoil to manage games?
You don't just "somehow" install .NSP files; you need a homebrew title manager application. I recommend using TinWoo Installer.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Is that the most used installer?
If there's a thread with a list of them or something I could look, I didnt find something like that tho.
I don't know if its the most used or what is, but its the I always personally recommend and use. There is also no such thread as there are way too many to keep track of, little difference between the installers, and a general lack of interest for anyone to maintain such a thread.

Reactions: Windsall

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if its the most used or what is, but its the I always personally recommend and use. There is also no such thread as there are way too many to keep track of, little difference between the installers, and a general lack of interest for anyone to maintain such a thread.

Got it.

I saw that tinfoil had some kind of easy way to get games or manage patches too?
I tried to look up info on it but it's honestly a bit hard to find a lot of detailed explanations for what things do XD

I'm also wondering what other apps/homebrew is useful. But I think I'll mainly be installing nsp files.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you intend to continue using Atmosphere & Hekate, then you should update them accordingly. FSS0 is the method in which you launch Atmosphere directly via Hekate which is the same method featured in Kosmos meaning its the one you currently use. Chainloading involves using Hekate to boot into fusee_primary which is the default method of booting Atmosphere. Aside from being the default method of booting Atmosphere, chainloading holds no advantages over using FSS0. The only advantage was that blawar's DZ refused to work with Atmosphere if launched with FSS0 but blawar has recently lifted that restriction. Furthermore, FSS0 launches Atmosphere faster than fusee_primary. Finally, FSS0 allows one to be able to boot multiple emuMMC simultaneously as well as CFW on sysMMC which cannot be done with fusee_primary. Therefore FSS0 is the superior method of booting Atmosphere.

1. MSRP for the Nintendo Switch is $300 although there is a new model being released that features an OLED screen and is priced at around $350
  2. Without hacking, no, but there are emulators for the PS1 and PSP available for the Nintendo Switch. I haven't seen any progress for XBOX games so I believe that is a lost cause. While the Switch is a portable console, it is not the ideal device for emulation

Thank you so much for your help Draxzelex! So, I just need to update both Hekate and Atmos, then update Sigpatches and lastly update System FW through Daybreak? Also, are there updated Sigpatches for FSS0? My main concern is being locked out of using gamecard slot after Firmware update, as most of my games are on game cards. Should I be worried about that? Further help appreciated :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it.

I saw that tinfoil had some kind of easy way to get games or manage patches too?
I tried to look up info on it but it's honestly a bit hard to find a lot of detailed explanations for what things do XD

I'm also wondering what other apps/homebrew is useful. But I think I'll mainly be installing nsp files.
The only Tinfoil I know is made by Adubbz and has no such functionality. As for what other homebrew applications may or may not be useful, that is dependent on your goals with the Switch and how often you will be using it. That is to say the homebrew apps you or anyone else will find useful are user-dependent.

Thank you so much for your help Draxzelex! So, I just need to update both Hekate and Atmos, then update Sigpatches and lastly update System FW through Daybreak? Also, are there updated Sigpatches for FSS0? My main concern is being locked out of using gamecard slot after Firmware update, as most of my games are on game cards. Should I be worried about that? Further help appreciated :)
The order is not that important strictly speaking but its recommended that way because the idea is to update the parts that work on older firmware versions before the ones that only work on newer firmwares. And why wouldn't there be patches for FSS0? Lastly, I don't know what your current firmware version is but there are cartridge slot updates on firmware versions 11.X and 12.X that once applied prevents you from using cartridge slots on lower firmware versions. The only way to prevent this is with the nogc patch which will allow you to still use cartridges on lower firmware versions but not on the newer firmware versions. You will have to choose which option is more important to you as there are no right or wrong answers but be aware that once the cartridge slot is updated, it cannot be reversed so choose carefully. I am also pretty sure I explained this to you at least once in the past so nothing has changed since then regarding the process.

Reactions: namad

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only Tinfoil I know is made by Adubbz and has no such functionality. As for what other homebrew applications may or may not be useful, that is dependent on your goals with the Switch and how often you will be using it. That is to say the homebrew apps you or anyone else will find useful are user-dependent.

The order is not that important strictly speaking but its recommended that way because the idea is to update the parts that work on older firmware versions before the ones that only work on newer firmwares. And why wouldn't there be patches for FSS0? Lastly, I don't know what your current firmware version is but there are cartridge slot updates on firmware versions 11.X and 12.X that once applied prevents you from using cartridge slots on lower firmware versions. The only way to prevent this is with the nogc patch which will allow you to still use cartridges on lower firmware versions but not on the newer firmware versions. You will have to choose which option is more important to you as there are no right or wrong answers but be aware that once the cartridge slot is updated, it cannot be reversed so choose carefully. I am also pretty sure I explained this to you at least once in the past so nothing has changed since then regarding the process.

Ok. Thank you so much for your help! My Switch FW is on 10 something, I think 10.0.2.0. Where can I get latest updates for Atmosphere, Hekate, and FSS0 Sigpatches? Also, how do I make sure that I don't have the nogc patch installed when I go to update FW? Help appreciated :)

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok cool.I meant this one:
https://tinfoil.io/Download

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blawar's Tinfoil is what you need if your goal is to setup a "Tinfoil Shop." If you add the proper links (which cannot be shared here) to blawar's Tinfoil, you can have a repository of games, updates, and DLC easily accessible to download and install from the Switch itself. This requires an internet connection on the Switch, obviously, which means you should have something like Incognito installed to the emuMMC if that's what you're using. Atmosphere has a built-in Incognito function that just needs to be enabled manually.

If you are having trouble finding repositories for Tinfoil Shops, I know you can find a handy list somewhere on Reddit.

I personally don't recommend using blawar's Tinfoil for anything other than Tinfoil Shops. It doesn't play well with a lot of NSP files on the internet. For manually installing NSP/NSZ/XCI files you've downloaded yourself using a computer, I recommend something like TinWoo or Awoo-Installer.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tinfoil is not tinfoil. goldleaf is tinfoil. goldleaf is what most people use to install pirated games and game updates and game dlc. goldleaf even allows installing the files from your computer via usb so that you don't have to pop out the sdcard each time you wish to install a game. this usb install feature requires quark on your computer though.

to clarify tinfoil was renamed to goldleaf when a second developer started calling their tool tinfoil as well.

https://www.cfwaifu.com/goldleaf/
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf
https://www.cfwaifu.com/goldleaf-quark/

I'm sure tinwoo or awoo work as well, I personally have used goldleaf though and goldleaf is quite popular, and this popular repository of hacking files to download includes goldleaf by default https://www.sdsetup.com/

edite: Note, goldleaf doesn't really "manage" anything, you just choose files to install and it installs them. Maybe that's not exactly what you were looking for.

Last edited by namad,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thank you so much for your help! My Switch FW is on 10 something, I think 10.0.2.0. Where can I get latest updates for Atmosphere, Hekate, and FSS0 Sigpatches? Also, how do I make sure that I don't have the nogc patch installed when I go to update FW? Help appreciated :)
Atmosphere and Hekate can be downloaded from their respective GitHub pages here and here. The patches for FSS0 can be found in the pinned thread on this forum. And as for the nogc patch, that differs based upon booting FSS0 or fusee_primary. For FSS0, it is handled via the autonogc line in the hekate_ipl.ini file. You can also enable it within Hekate itself.
No, that is not Tinfoil. That is a tool called DZ

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blawar's Tinfoil is what you need if your goal is to setup a "Tinfoil Shop." If you add the proper links (which cannot be shared here) to blawar's Tinfoil, you can have a repository of games, updates, and DLC easily accessible to download and install from the Switch itself. This requires an internet connection on the Switch, obviously, which means you should have something like Incognito installed to the emuMMC if that's what you're using. Atmosphere has a built-in Incognito function that just needs to be enabled manually.

If you are having trouble finding repositories for Tinfoil Shops, I know you can find a handy list somewhere on Reddit.

I personally don't recommend using blawar's Tinfoil for anything other than Tinfoil Shops. It doesn't play well with a lot of NSP files on the internet. For manually installing NSP/NSZ/XCI files you've downloaded yourself using a computer, I recommend something like TinWoo or Awoo-Installer.

I don't mind doing it manually and transferring from pc, but I guess I was thinking about how updates to games work and if it's easier with those shops or not.

If you recommend the tinfoil shops, what do you mean by it doesn't play wiell with the NSPs? I thought the idea was that it gets the nsp files from those shops to install?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tinfoil is not tinfoil. goldleaf is tinfoil. goldleaf is what most people use to install pirated games and game updates and game dlc. goldleaf even allows installing the files from your computer via usb so that you don't have to pop out the sdcard each time you wish to install a game. this usb install feature requires quark on your computer though.

to clarify tinfoil was renamed to goldleaf when a second developer started calling their tool tinfoil as well.

https://www.cfwaifu.com/goldleaf/
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf
https://www.cfwaifu.com/goldleaf-quark/

I'm sure tinwoo or awoo work as well, I personally have used goldleaf though and goldleaf is quite popular, and this popular repository of hacking files to download includes goldleaf by default https://www.sdsetup.com/

edite: Note, goldleaf doesn't really "manage" anything, you just choose files to install and it installs them. Maybe that's not exactly what you were looking for.

Ok, goldleaf doesn't sounds bad if it's easy to install by usb.
Does it do well to install it in the emunand? Because I need to keep my sysnand clean.

And does it work easily for dlc and game updates? I'm still not sure how those work yet, but golfleaf sounds good in theory.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind doing it manually and transferring from pc, but I guess I was thinking about how updates to games work and if it's easier with those shops or not.

If you recommend the tinfoil shops, what do you mean by it doesn't play wiell with the NSPs? I thought the idea was that it gets the nsp files from those shops to install?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, goldleaf doesn't sounds bad if it's easy to install by usb.
Does it do well to install it in the emunand? Because I need to keep my sysnand clean.

And does it work easily for dlc and game updates? I'm still not sure how those work yet, but golfleaf sounds good in theory.
What I don't recommend is using blawar's Tinfoil to install manually downloaded NSP files. Using Tinfoil Shops is a separate conversation.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I don't recommend is using blawar's Tinfoil to install manually downloaded NSP files. Using Tinfoil Shops is a separate conversation.

ok thx, i'll keep it in mind.
For now I decided not to use internet at all with my emunand, so i'll install them manually with tinwoo or gold leaf.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tinfoil shops can be very convenient, but I usually manually download and install my games, updates, and DLC too.

Sounds good.
When I looked online, I saw that updates included the whole game (I think, since it was a big size). Is that because someone has to replace the entire file? Or is there a way to easily patch or add the updates themselves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol